看板 Arsenal 關於我們 聯絡資訊
After the World Cup, Bergy returned to Milan for one more year. At the end of the 94-95 season, he realized that things will not change at Inter. Having opted to leave, Bergkamp's decision to join Arsenal was made quickly. "I wanted to go to England and as soon as I heard the name Arsenal. I thought of London. I thought of the club, a very successful club." On the 20th of June 1995, Dennis became Arsenal's record purchase for £7.5m. "I signed when Bruce Rioch was Arsenal manager and he began building a new style of play, but it was really when Arsene Wenger arrived that I felt a new era building at the club." Dennis thought about his two managers. When asked about his time in Serie A, Dennis refused to look back on that time as a failure. "I don't think so. Of course I couldn't bring the football I am bringing now or I brought at Ajax, but as a player I think I learnt a lot. I think I wouldn't have been the footballer I am now if I didn't go there." He admitted. =========================================================================== 為何Dennis不坐飛機? 為何Dennis不坐飛機? 為何Dennis不坐飛機? =========================================================================== At this time, Dennis took a decision to never fly again. "A lot of people think that I've never flown but that's not true. I have flown before and just suddenly decided not to do it again. Nothing happened to cause me to make that decision. I had just come to realise that flying was affecting me a lot and affecting my game. In the days leading up to the game I was worrying about the flight and then during the game I would be worrying about the flight back. That was no good for me or the team. To me there is no problem. In deciding not to fly again I've made a solution to a problem. I felt free again after I'd made that decision and I believe it's not a coincidence that I've played the best football of my career at Arsenal, since I made that decision. Okay, so sometimes I miss a few games but then I could be missing games through suspension or injury." Dennis says. Now he can play matches in foreign countries only if they can be reached by car, train or boat. That's why one of his nicknames is "The Non-Flying Dutchman". (喔,終於了解了, 這可是我長久以來的疑問,是說我如果有機會和Dennis談話,最想問的問題就是這個) His move to Arsenal was one of the biggest and most talked about transfers to the Premiership. Therefore, when he didn't score at the start of the season, he was higly criticised. Massimo Moratti, the president of Inter said: "Arsenal will be lucky if Bergkamp scores 10 goals this season." Others said Dennis was not aggressive enough. Those criticism were actually quite unfair. As Ruud Gullit pointed out, Bergkamp is neither a target man or creative midfield. His strength is to be in the right place at the right time. He would create more goals than he would score. S tatistic also showed that Bergkamp was involved in 75% of the Arsenal's goals at the beginning of the season. Finally, in his 8th Premier league game, he silenced the critics with two stunning goals, his first two for Arsenal. "I didn't exactly hit the ground running in England and it took me a while to get going. There was a lot of pressure on me and I remember the newspapers running 'Bergkamp Watch' features, asking how many hours it would take me to score. In the end, I scored against Southampton and I remember running away from the goal with all the pressure coming off my shoulders." Dennis said. He adapted well into the team and got support from his new teammates. He and his striker partner Ian Wright formed a strong attack combination in the league. The two also became very good friends off the field. Bergkamp had a good first season with Arsenal. (續待) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.224.251.36
HopeYeh:ha...funny...non-flying-dutchman... 推 218.184.161.33 01/06