看板 NTU-Exam 關於我們 聯絡資訊
課程名稱︰幾何學 課程性質︰數學系大三必修 課程教師︰崔茂培 開課學院:理學院 開課系所︰數學系 考試日期(年月日)︰2015/11/13 考試時限(分鐘):165 試題 : Total = 110 points. Enjoy the exam on black Friday!!! 2 (1) (20 pts) A regular spherical curve γ(s): I → S (1) parametrized by arc- length has an alternate set of equations that describe its properties. Note that γ(s) is also normal to the sphere, then the signed normal can be defined as the vector S = γ ×T. Then {T, S, γ} becomes an orthonormal frames along γ(s). (a) (6 pts) Show that dT ─ = κ S - γ ds g dS ─ = -κ T ds g dγ ──= T ds dT where the geodesic curvature κ is defined as κ = ─.S. g g ds (b) (10 pts) Show that dκ 2 2 1 g κ = 1 + κ , τ = ────── g 2 ds 1 + κ g 1 1 N = ─(κ S - γ), B = ─(κ γ + S). κ g κ g (c) (4 pts) Show that γ is planar if and only if the curvature is constant. (2) (15 pts) For a regular space curve γ(s) parametrized by arc-length, we say dX that a normal field X is parallel along γ if X.T = 0 and ─ is parallel to ds T. (a) (3 pts) Show that for a fixed s and X(s ) ⊥ T(s ) there is a unique 0 0 0 parallel field X that is X(s ) at s . 0 0 (b) (6 pts) A Bishop frame consists of an orthonormal frame T, N , N along 1 2 the curve so that N , N are both parallel along γ. For such a frame 1 2 show that dT ─ = κ N + κ N ds 1 1 2 2 dN 1 ──= -κ T ds 1 dN 2 ──= -κ T ds 2 Note that such frames always exist, even when the space curve doesn't have positive curvature everywhere. 2 2 2 (c) (3 pts) Show further that for such a frame κ = κ + κ . 1 2 (d) (3 pts) Show that if γ has positive curvature so that N is well- dφ defined, then N = cosφ N + sinφ N , B = -sinφ N + cosφ N and ── 1 2 1 2 ds = τ where φ(s) is defined by κ = κcosφ and κ = κsinφ. 1 2 (3) (15 pts) Recall that the first fundamental of a regular surface σ can be ╭ σ .σ σ .σ ╮ │ u u u v │ identified with the matrix Ⅰ = │ │, the second │ σ .σ σ .σ │ ╰ u v v v ╯ fundamental can be identified with the matrix Ⅱ = ╭ -σ .N -σ .N ╮ │ u u u v │ │ │. We can define the third fundamental as the first │ -σ .N -σ .N │ ╰ v u v v ╯ ╭ N .N N .N ╮ │ u u u v │ fundamental form of the Gauss map N, i.e., Ⅲ = │ │. Prove │ N .N N .N │ ╰ u v v v ╯ that Ⅲ - 2HⅡ + KⅠ = 0. (4) (10 pts) If the first fundamental form of the surface is I = 2 2 -1 2 2 (1 + u + v ) (du + dv ), compute the Gaussian curvature of the surface. (5) (20 pts) Let C be a circle of radius 10 that contains the points (0, 0, 8) and (0, 0, -8), and let A be the (open) minor arc of C between these points. Let S be the surface obtained by rotating the arc A around the z-axis, oriented so that normal vectors point outwards. http://i.imgur.com/F11kUGK.png
Note that the surface S does not include the cusp point (0, 0, 8) and (0, 0, -8). (a) Find the principal curvatures of S at the point (4, 0, 0). (b) Find the image of S under the Gauss map. Express your answer as one or more inequalities defining a region on the unit sphere. (c) Use your answer to part (b) to evaluate ∫ K dA, where K is the Gaussian S curvature of S. (Use geometry to find the answer.) 3 (6) (10 pts) Suppose that M is a compact orientable surface in |R and K > 0 everywhere on M. (a) What can you say about the topology of M and why? (b) Show that the Gauss map is a one-to-one and onto map. 3 (7) (10 pts) If M is a compact orientable surface in |R and has constant Gaussian curvature, then it is a round sphere. (8) (10 pts) Suppose that a curve γ lies in two surfaces S and S that make a 1 2 constant angle along γ (i.e. their tangent plane make a constant angle). Show that α is principal in S (i.e. α'(t) is a principal direction for S 1 1 at α(t)) if and only if it is principal in S . 2 // 嗚嗚 好難QAQ -- 移居二次元(|R^2)的注意事項: 3. 如果你在從事random walk,往上下左右的 1. connectedness不保證pathwise connec- 的機率都是1/4,則你能回家的機率是1tedness。可能你跟你的幼馴染住很近, 4. 下面這個PDE是二次元上的波方程式 卻永遠沒辦法到她家。 http://i.imgur.com/2H9HllP.png
2. ODE的C^1 autonomous system不會出現 它的解不滿足Huygens' principle,因此 chaos,在預測事情上比較方便。 講話時會聽到自己的回音,很不方便。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 140.112.212.7 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NTU-Exam/M.1447411399.A.55D.html ※ 編輯: xavier13540 (140.112.212.7), 11/13/2015 18:49:37 ※ 編輯: xavier13540 (140.112.212.7), 11/13/2015 18:51:42 ※ 編輯: xavier13540 (140.112.212.7), 11/13/2015 18:52:36
Neptunium : 推推 11/14 01:20