看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Yankees hold kangaroo court Players, coaches playfully dole out own brand of justice By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com 05/20/09 7:49 PM ET NEW YORK -- For two months, Xavier Nady dutifully collected scraps of paper in a shoebox tucked near the back of his locker -- clubhouse infractions reported by his teammates, waiting for the day when the Yankees would call those offenses to trial. Nady過去兩個月,Nady收集各種資訊,就為了這個Kangaroo Court Kangaroo court finally arrived in the Bronx for the Yankees on Wednesday, as the players, coaches and staff assembled in a back room of Yankee Stadium and doled out their own brand of justice for the silly events that have popped up over the first 39 games of the season. "It's a lot of fun," Nady said. "Hopefully it gets better. It's just entertaining how people plead their cases. That's the best part." Their timing was good, considering the Yankees' high spirits on a seven-game winning streak. With the Honorable Mariano Rivera presiding as judge, Nady took on the role of secretary and stenographer, and Derek Jeter, A.J. Burnett and Johnny Damon were selected as jury members. 法官:MO,秘書兼速記員:Nady,陪審團成員:Jeter, AJ, Damon... Kangaroo courts are not a new concept in professional sports, but they are with the Yankees, who have not had one since at least 1995. 洋基大約自1995年就沒有這種court了。 "I've never had it in the big leagues or the Minor Leagues," Jeter said. "I don't know the reason why. I don't think there's a particular reason. It's not like it's an anti-Yankee thing. It just hasn't happened." Jeter說他在大聯盟和小聯盟都沒參加過這個,這是第一次。 The tone of the hour-plus session -- which also involved clubhouse workers, video coordinators and other support staff -- was light-hearted. For example, Phil Coke's wallet was $30 lighter as a result of the home run he served up to the Twins' Joe Mauer on Friday in New York. 一個多小時的開庭,有些clubhouse員工也有參與,放錄影帶的,還有其他協助。 Phil Coke因為星期五被Mauer打全壘打而被罰30元美金。 Coke pointed to the drive off the bat, thinking it was a fly ball that could be easily tracked by center fielder Brett Gardner, but the ball carried out and hit the netting over Monument Park. Coke was pointing while running to back up third base and his actions were not overlooked. 其實最主要Coke被控訴的原因是,去三壘補位的同時,並沒有overlooked. "You can get fined for pretty much anything," Coke said. There was one night in Detroit where Nick Swisher agreed to a postgame television interview without putting his shirt on first. Burnett noticed and promptly reported Swisher for a $20 fine. Swisher因為有次在底特律的賽後訪問時沒有先穿上衣服,AJ立即判他20元美金罰金。 Brian Bruney was forced to dig into his pocket to atone for his haircut -- not the fact that he is completely shaved, but rather the fact Bruney had his haircut during a game in Toronto while he was on the disabled list. Bruney因為在傷兵名單期間,一次在多倫多的比賽,他在比賽期間跑去剪頭髮而被罰錢。 Third-base coach Rob Thomson had a clear-cut violation for the night he pushed Swisher back to third base, and Joba Chamberlain said he also couldn't escape being fined. 三壘教練因為那次推Swisher回三壘而被罰。Joba說他也沒逃過被罰的命運。 "It was fun, it was interesting," Chamberlain said. "You don't realize half of the stuff until it gets brought up. Then you're like, 'I really did that?' And then you feel like an idiot." Damon was among the players fined $100 for showing up late to court, blaming New York City traffic. Damon因為遲到而被罰100元,他說是紐約的交通害他遲到。 "There's no excuse on traffic," Damon said. "But I'll keep it quiet. If I divulge information, I could get another fine." Damon說因為交通而遲到不是理由,所以他沒說,他說如果他說了的話, 說不定還會多罰一點。 But no penalty was crueler than Alex Rodriguez being hit for being late ... for the season, arriving on May 8 due to injury. Rivera banged his gavel and upheld the suspension to laughter. A-Rod的最殘忍,因為沒有趕上開季而被罰。 (根據Kim Jones在她部落格的內容,開季不在25人名單都被罰。) "Mo was quite tough on some people," manager Joe Girardi said. 吉總說MO對某些人很嚴格。 Who scored the biggest fine? The Yanks were tight-lipped, but Girardi dropped a hint, saying, "It was between two guys that throw left-handed, and I'll leave it at that." 被問到誰被罰最多錢,吉總說,兩個左投中的其中一個。 Much has been made of a new atmosphere in the Yankees clubhouse, and that is true to a degree. Burnett was the ringleader who started the tradition of hitting players in the face with whipped cream pies last week on walk-off hits, though Jeter thought the change in attitude may be partially attributed to the new Yankee Stadium, which gives players room to hide from the eyes and ears of the media. "Guys are having a good time, they're enjoying themselves," Jeter said. "You can joke with people without someone taking it the wrong way and putting it on the front page. It probably is a little more relaxed because there's a lot of room to move around. ... It's always a lot more fun when you win. You're not going to see pies in peoples' faces after a loss." The tone changed this spring when Girardi called off practice to sneak his team away as a surprise, chartering buses to a Tampa, Fla., area billiards hall and holding a tournament that Rivera emerged victorious. The presence of newcomers like the exuberant Swisher and several young players has also helped. "I really think everybody here is pulling in the same direction," Damon said. "It started last year going into the season this year with the day off this spring, getting the club together and becoming better friends -- not only on the field, but off. I think Girardi and the coaching staff have done a great job bringing people and families together." Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. http://tinyurl.com/o7qa2j -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.23.38
YANKS:首推 感謝翻譯! 05/21 14:14
siliver:兩個左投中的其中一個??CC or Pettitte?? 05/21 14:16
jisfoot:誰幫CC做褲子的 罰一下 頭一球拉一次我都覺得麻煩了 05/21 14:22
SRoach:推CC投一次拉一次 05/21 14:29
※ 編輯: yyhong68 來自: 140.109.23.38 (05/21 14:30)
unicotexalex:XDDD 05/21 14:33
Sechslee:CC的褲子看起來真的很不合身 他在釀酒人是這樣嗎? 05/21 14:33
s60984:投一次就要橋一次 05/21 14:36
WuTian:我猜是 Pettitte ..因為被盜本壘.....XD 05/21 14:42
kenta79522:真是有趣XD 05/21 15:23
akainorei:喔對, 派帥.... 05/21 15:25
WarrickBrown:Nady...原來進了DL以後都在忙這些 XD 05/21 15:32
WarrickBrown:Burnett真好運還去當陪審團 沒有因為砸派被隊友罰錢 05/21 15:37
krara:XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD 05/21 15:38
danbin:推 翻譯辛苦了 05/21 15:49
paoan:AJ:當陪審團就罰不到我了~科科~ 05/21 15:50
ckb91:可是Damon被罰了欸... XD 05/21 15:51