看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://tinyurl.com/3wnyzjh NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter's 3,000th career hit went into the books as a solo home run, as the Yankees captain logged hits in his first two plate appearances against the Rays' David Price on Saturday, joining the illustrious club. Derek Jeter 用一分 HR 進入了 3000 安的成員,在這個星期六,洋基的隊長在第一第二打 席面對 Ray 的 David Price 加入了這個傑出的俱樂部. Jeter became the 28th player to reach the historic plateau, belting the eighth pitch of his third-inning at-bat against the left-handed Price into the left-field seats on a sun-splashed afternoon at Yankee Stadium. Jeter 成為第 28 位完成這里程碑的球員,在陽光閃耀的洋基主場,第 3 局下半面對由左 投 Price 第 8 個球一棒打向左外野的觀眾席. The Yankees' bench and bullpen emptied to greet Jeter as he rounded the bases and touched home plate, and the Rays' players spilled onto the field out of the visitors' dugout, applauding Jeter's achievement as the scoreboard flashed, "Congratulations, Derek." 洋基的休息區和牛棚瞬間一空,全都圍繞在本壘板周圍歡迎 Jeter 的歸來,並且 Ray 的球 員也走出休息區,為 Jeter 鼓掌表達恭賀之意,就在此時, 洋基主場的記分板也秀出了 " Congratulations, Derek." 字樣 . With play interrupted for several minutes, Jeter acknowledged the wildly cheering crowd, raising his fists to the triple-decked facility for a curtain call most unlike any in the Stadium's history. 就在場上中斷的幾分鐘, Jeter 向著全場瘋狂歡呼的球迷,舉起拳頭致意. Jeter became just the second player in Major League history to log his 3,000th hit as a homer, joining Wade Boggs, who did it on Aug. 7, 1999, while playing for Tampa Bay. Jeter 成為繼 1999 年 8 月 7 日 Wade Boggs 於坦帕灣後大聯盟歷史上第二位以 HR 作 為 3000 安打的球員, Already a five-time World Series champion, 12-time All-Star and five-time Gold Glove Award winner, Jeter now has confirmed entry into a club that counts consistency and longevity among its mandates for inclusion. 已經獲得 5 次世界大賽冠軍, 12 次獲選明星賽和 5 次金手套獎, Jeter 已經確定加入 了這個俱樂部. "I'm a Derek Jeter fan," said Hall of Famer Rod Carew, who rapped his 3,000th hit in 1985. "I've watched this young man play since day one. I've always enjoyed the way he has played the game. When you go out there every day and you're consistent, good things happen. "我是 Derek Jeter 的球迷" 名人堂球員 Rod Carew 這麼說著,他在 1985 年完成了他的 3000 支安打. "我從第一天就開始注意這年輕人,我一直很享受他的比賽,若你持之以恆每天上場, 好事就會發生." It is a lesson Jeter has taken to heart. Jeter was amazed to learn he would be the first man to reach the 3,000 hits mark while wearing a Yankees uniform, and just the 11th to reach 3,000 with a single team. "Playing well gets you here; consistency keeps you here," Jeter said. "That's the thing I've always tried to focus on." Shortly after Jeter's homer on Saturday, Boggs issued a statement congratulating the Yankees' captain. "Congratulations, first of all, to Derek Jeter on joining the 3,000-hit club. It is an exclusive honor, achieved by only a select group, that not many people can call their own. It is a monumental achievement, and Derek has climbed the mountain. He's reached that honor, where he can stake his flag in the mountain and call it his own. "I had the opportunity to play with Derek when he was a rookie in 1996, and I had no doubts that Derek would reach this milestone. He is a very consistent player and he never deviated from his game. When you stay healthy and you are consistent and compile a lengthy career like Derek has done, you have the opportunity to reach that 3,000 hit plateau. "Reaching the 3,000 hit mark is another piece of the legacy that Derek has created. It won't be too long now before we are on the verandah in Cooperstown at the Otesaga Hotel celebrating his Induction to the Hall of Fame." "That's what has happened to Derek over the years as a hitter in the big leagues. He's been a consistent player, a consistent hitter, and I just want to say: 'Derek, welcome to the 3,000-hit club and I want to wish you continued success.'" New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg also issued a statement. "Long before joining the 3,000-hit club, Derek Jeter became another one of New York's icons because he represents what is best in the spirit of our city: an unbreakable belief that with hard work and determination, anything can be accomplished. Perhaps above all else, Derek is someone who loves this city and who has a long history of giving back to the place and the people that helped make him the superstar he is. New York has a greater baseball tradition than any other city, but we've never had a player get all 3,000 hits in a New York uniform until today. "Congratulations Derek -- you've made all of New York City proud." Of the 27 other members of the 3,000 hits club, four had suited up for the Yankees -- Boggs, Rickey Henderson, Paul Waner and Dave Winfield -- though no player had recorded their 3,000th hit at Yankee Stadium, old or new. "I've never seen it happen, so for me, it's pretty neat to watch," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "I was here in 1996 when he really started as an everyday player, and to see what he's accomplished is pretty mind-boggling. The amount of games he's played in, the playoff games, the playoff hits, the big hits he's had. To see him get to this point is kind of special." Entering the season 74 hits shy, Jeter arrived with high expectations and considerable scrutiny and vowed to bounce back after enduring what he felt was a subpar 2010 campaign with a career-low .270 batting average. Armed with a new three-year, $51 million contract, Jeter said that pressing for the milestone wouldn't be an issue. As he put it, "Every time you're at the plate, you want to get a hit." Jeter's pursuit was halted for three weeks, six hits shy of the mark, when he limped down the first-base line in a June 13 game against the Indians with a strained right calf. "My focus was not on 3,000 hits, my focus was trying to get back on the field," said Jeter, who returned to the lineup on Monday in Cleveland with a hitless game. Jeter notched two hits off the Tribe's Carlos Carrasco on Tuesday, belted an eighth-inning double off Justin Masterson on Wednesday, and opened Thursday's game with a two-base hit off the Rays' Jeff Niemann. Hit No. 2,999 came in the first inning of Saturday's game, a clean single through the left side off Price, and Jeter doubled to left field in his third at-bat of the game for career hit No. 3,001. Hit No. 4 on the day came in the bottom of the sixth, an opposite-field single. The 3,000th hit tied Jeter, baseball's active hits leader, with Roberto Clemente for 27th place on the all-time list. The 37-year-old is the sixth-youngest to 3,000, and enjoys select company in that category behind Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Robin Yount, Pete Rose and Tris Speaker. He is just the third shortstop to reach 3,000, behind Wagner and Cal Ripken Jr. "This is my job. It's the only thing I've done, the only position I've played," Jeter said. "I'm proud of that. I'm proud I'm still playing." Jeter's first career hit came on May 30, 1995, a single to left field off the Seattle Mariners' Tim Belcher in Jeter's second Major League game. "All I could think of was, 'If I don't get any hits, they're going to send me out of here,'" Jeter recalled. They never did. Jeter has reached the 200-hit plateau seven times in his career, one shy of Lou Gehrig's franchise record and marking the most 200-hit seasons by a shortstop. Surpassing Gehrig (2,721) for the Yankees' all-time franchise lead with a Sept. 11, 2009 single off the Orioles' Chris Tillman, Jeter's 3,000 hits have run the gamut alphabetically off pitchers from David Aardsma to Joel Zumaya, 807 names in all.He has notched a hit off a pitcher wearing each of the other 29 big league uniforms. The last player to join the 3,000 hits club was the Astros' Craig Biggio, who also amassed all of his hits with one club. Biggio logged No. 3,000 in 2007 and said Jeter has earned his way into that select group. "I think for Derek, in general, he's been such a great player and a great role model for the game of baseball, where you're in that New York market and it's one of the most difficult markets to work in," said Biggio. "For him to be able to play there and be the ambassador of the game he has been and be such a great player, it's really says a lot about him. I'm happy for him." games to 3,000 Player Games Ty Cobb 2,135 Nap Lajoie 2,224 Tony Gwynn 2,284 Stan Musial 2,301 Honus Wagner 2,332 Tris Speaker 2,341 Derek Jeter 2,362 Pete Rose 2,370 Paul Molitor 2,411 Rod Carew 2,417 at-bats to 3,000 Player At-bats Ty Cobb 8,093 Tris Speaker 8,625 Nap Lajoie 8,630 Stan Musial 8,774 Honus Wagner 8,801 Rod Carew 9,101 Wade Boggs 9,151 Roberto Clemente9,454 Hank Aaron 9,566 Derek Jeter 9,604 Pete Rose 9,690 後面就是一堆人說的話,就不翻了... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.34.187.24 ※ 編輯: wsan 來自: 114.34.187.24 (07/10 04:25)
d86012005 :大推 Jeter 07/10 04:26
Tenka :Derek Jeter becomes just second player to have a 07/10 04:28
Tenka :5-hit game on day he records 3,000th hit 07/10 04:29
Tenka :- joining Craig Biggio. 07/10 04:29
jim1029 :"當你到了球場,你和球場協調一致"翻錯了 07/10 06:03
jim1029 :應該是"若你每天上場,持之以恆" 07/10 06:04
chancewen :恭喜拉 07/10 06:24
chanh :恭喜隊長, 3000安用全壘打完成很棒 :) 07/10 06:48
※ 編輯: wsan 來自: 114.34.187.24 (07/10 07:07)
WP1 :推熱心翻譯! 07/10 11:12
evilvens :推~ 07/10 11:32
b0213 :Congratulations, Derek! 07/10 17:15
marzz :隊長!!! 07/10 23:46