看板 TOEIC 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《cathyfriend (小碗)》之銘言: : 想請問一下關於使役動詞的問題 : 一般使役動詞後面的名詞如果是動作的執行者的話應該是接=>原型動詞嗎??? : 如果不是動作的執行者的話是接=>過去分詞嗎??? : 不知道以上推測有沒有錯誤,是從題目猜的 : 但是 : 3.Our company wants its customers satisfied. : (名詞customers是動作satisfied的執行者阿,為什麼還是用過去分詞呢?) : 8.The boss had me checking all of last month's sales figures. : (名詞也是動作的執行者,但是卻用現在分詞,是因為主詞是me嗎?) : form朗文閱讀測驗 : P51-52 : 謝謝 你的問題還是回歸到動作決定論,也就是將一切動作丟入「被」、「受到」的思維中。或許 你可以換個角度看語言,進入動作相對論。在此相對論中,動作有其主動也有其被動,簡單 說,譬如「我想幫你」這句話,也許可以不要一股腦直接下結論說「我」是主動而「你」是 被動,而是想成「我」的主動相對於「你」的主動多一些,或者「你」的被動相對於「我」 的被動多一些。凡是沒有絕對的主被動,「我想幫你」,在另一個角度解讀就是「你讓我產 生想幫你的念頭」。 原句中的 "satisfied" 你當然可以從「慣用法」解讀說 "be satisfied with" =「感到滿 意的」。或者用一般主被動轉換,也就是 "Our company satisfies its customers" (主動) 轉成 "Our customers are satisfied with our company. " (被動)。我比較建議 從相對角度去理解, "Our customers are satisfied with our company. " 就可以解讀為 ,"The reason why our customers have such feelings is that our company MAKES them feel the way." 可以想想,顧客應該不會無緣無故「自己感到滿意」吧?另一個角度 就是從搭配去看。 這句話的原型是 "want O pp",你可以進行資料比對,會發現這裡pp 常用的字除了原句的的"satisfied",以人為主情境的還有 "buried" [1],以物 (特別是 "house","car","building" 等) 為情境的 "sold" [2]"preserved" [3]"used" [4]"torn down" [5] 等。其實你還可以將這跟 "want O to be pp"做個比較。 "The boss had me checking all of last month's sales figures." 這句根據你的敘述 ,我有點困惑。如果按照你上一題的邏輯,過去分詞 PP 是被動,那現在分詞 Ving 是主 動你應該可以接受才是。有可能你是受僵化的咒語 「使役動詞後面加原型表主動」影響吧 ? "have O V" 你可以理解,我們就以 "have O Ving" 的情況做主要比對。 Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 從「造成人事物的狀態或反應」去解讀 [6] Macmillan Dictionary 定義為 「安排 (人) 做 (事)」[7],似乎這個解釋蠻符合你這個 句子的情境。Practical English Usage (3e) 做了綜合的敘述,除「造成」的涵義還有 「體驗、經歷」。[8]。相關句子你可以參考 [9] [10] [11] [12]。你也可以比對 "have O pp" 的情形 [13] [14],應該有助於你了解 "want O pp"。 [1] His family, however, is split on where he should be re-buried. His two nephews, who live in the Irish Republic, wanted him buried in a family plot at Bryansford in Co Down. (Guardian, 28 August 1999) [2] He has, rather appropriately, just come out of the closet. Talking of skeletons in cupboards and mad mothers in the attic, what happened to their mother 20 years before, and why don't they want the house sold? (Guardian, 6 July 2007) [3] At previous commission meetings, Dan Molinari, chairman of the Elks board of trustees, told city officials that many members want the building preserved. (LA Times, November 21, 1985) [4] The Art Center proposal is being opposed by some groups, including "San Diegans to Save Our Balboa" and the "Save Our Heritage Organization," who want the building used as a performing theater. (LA Times, March 08, 1986) [5] The people leading this tour want the building torn down, relocating the hospital to a brand new building. But others want to restore Charity. What it all comes down to is money. Where will the cash come from and when will it arrive? This is a predicament for many New Orleanians as they try to rebuild their lives. (CNN, Oct 10, 2005) [6] to cause somebody/something to be in a particular state; to make somebody react in a particular way have somebody/something doing something He had his audience listening attentively. [7] to arrange for something to be done or for someone to do something have someone doing something: Last year the place was so full we had people sleeping on the floor. Take lots of snacks or you'll have the kids complaining. [8] (1) Have somebody do/doing something The structure with an -ing form can mean 'cause somebody to be doing something' (BrE and AmE). He had us laughing all through the meal. (2) Have something happen/happening In the structure have + objective + infinitive / …ing, have can mean experience It's lovely to have children playing in the garden again. I looked up and found we had water dripping through the ceiling. [9] The show's producers are as deft with the soundtrack as they are with those Albuquerque backdrops. Take the haunting song that plays at the end of that episode, as the camera closes in on Walter White's innocuous houseplants. The plaintive guitar, menacing beat and dreamy vocals had me immediately breaking out Shazam to figure out what it was. (Time, November 11, 2011) [10] And you know what that means: a baby shower is sure to follow. As the mother of an older child, I haven't shopped at a baby megastore in years, and a recent trip in search of a shower gift had me reeling. (Time, Apr. 23, 2000) [11] Last month's death of classic comedian Soupy Sales had me reminiscing about Detroit television. So, in his honor, Assignment Detroit presents a list of the best area TV stars. (Time, November 6, 2009) [12] During one game, the coaching staff had me kneeling down to run the clock out in the final two minutes only to find out that, mathematically, I wouldn't be able to run out the clock unless I got a first down. And with my franchise-mode Green Bay Packers, you'd think the coaches had something against Ryan Grant because they call a pass play about 90% of the time. Let's mix it up a bit, fellas. (Time, August 13, 10) [13] The man, whose apron is splattered in deep red blood, proffers me a raw, pink slice. But I hesitate. Earlier, I'd munched on three gravelly cubes of dried white yak cheese that a stallman had strung like pearls on a short span of twine: hard as drywall, but delectably sweet and tangy. Not 30 minutes later a tremendous gut cramp had me curled in bed for hours, and now, back outdoors and broiling under the July sun, I still feel snakebit. (Time, July 16, 2007) [14] I never smoked pot in junior high because I was convinced it would shrivel my incipient manhood. This was the 1980s, and those stark this-is-your-brain-on-drugs ads already had me vaguely worried about memory loss and psychosis. But when other boys said pot might affect our southern regions, I was truly terrified. I didn't smoke a joint for the first time until I was 21. (Time, Nov. 04, 2002) 希望以上對你有幫助 :) -- The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you refuse to take the turn. http://blog.sina.com.tw/englishlearner/ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 82.9.142.86
cathyfriend :謝謝:) 03/06 10:59