精華區beta CEM92 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Several days ago, my English teacher taught us the usage of the word "bastard". Basically, cursing words are not allowed in our class, but it just showed up in the article coincidentally, so I asked him to explain the word in purpose. Surprisingly, I thought I've known the meaning about this word, just like we always heared "You, bastard!" in many movies, but after his explaination, I was so suprised that the meaning matches the Chinese word "王八蛋" or "龜兒子" so perfectly, that's what I've never known before. Below this paragraph are his explainations: ============================================================================== The relation between "bastard" and "bitch" is just like that between "man" and "woman", In the other word, a female bastard is a bitch. Both of these two words have very negative meanings and are used as cursing words.If we call someone a "bastard", it implies that their parents didn't have a legal marrige behind his birth. For example, you guys know that Exxa is a famous singer in Taiwan. but seldom people know that she is a bitch. I know the truth because Exxa's former BF, Alex, is one of my buddy. I saw how she mistreating him so I call Exxa a bitch. Besides the meaning, most of you guys know a bitch also refers to a female dog. However, it has became a sensitive word so seldom people will introduce their pets like "Hey, this is my bitch." That may makes people burst into laughing. ============================================================================== People have different cultures but think in the same way in many aspects, and that's the most interesting point when we learn a foreign language. We will also learn to be modest when we find something is not unique to our culture. By the way, seldom Chinese use "王八蛋" to curse now. This word has been out of date while it has represented the worst cursing once upon a time. Because every man has the fear to be a turtle. Have you ever heard about a "bastard mobile phone"? (王八機) There existed some bad guys who know how to copy SIM cards, if your SIM card is copied, those guys may dial their phones in your phone number, so you will pay the bill without knowing which bastard uses your phone. However, it's a very vivid anology (比喻) of "bastard". In Chinese, if you curse someone a bastard, you also insult his father. You mean his father "putting on a green hat", which means someone raises a kid that doesn't belong to him. In the other words, if someone xxxx your wife, but you raise his son innocently, this is called "being a turtle" (做王八,戴綠帽), the same concept to a "bastard mobile phone", someone uses your phone and you pay the bill, you want to kill him while you don't even know who he is, this is the most fucking misfortune in the world. -- 子曰:『槍管不清,則禮樂不興。』 ~掄語 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.35.51.42 ※ 編輯: CYBASTER 來自: 218.35.51.42 (08/14 15:07)
REDWING:紀老師英文教室 同學們要抄筆記喔 220.139.95.158 08/14