精華區beta Chelsea 關於我們 聯絡資訊
portLife http://tinyurl.com/3robm BRUCE KNOWS VALUE OF TERRY Birmingham boss Steve Bruce, who once almost signed John Terry for £700,000, hasclaimed that the England central defender is now "unbuyable". Bruce was manager of Huddersfield when he came close to tying up a deal with the then Chelsea manager Glenn Hoddle for an 18-year-old Terry. The move fell through at the 11th hour with Huddersfield unable to raise the fee but Bruce has kept tabs on the player since and believes he can be a future England captain. Bruce said: "I nearly bought John Terry when I was at Huddersfield. "I agreed a fee with Glenn Hoddle of £700,000, and I couldn't do it in t finish because the funds weren't quite available - so I bought Chris Lucketti instead. "I had been tracking Terry for a while. That happened when he was 18. Now what we see is a lad that maybe all the younger players should follow. "He's had his troubles but he has grown up quickly and has become for me the most influential part of the Chelsea side because he leads by example. "He has a huge presence, is a captain in his own right and I've got the utmost respect for the way he plays and handles himself. "He's got all the credentials to be a future England captain because he is a bit like a Patrick Vieira and a Roy Keane. "He has got that influence on people. He's 24 and he must have a chance of being a future England captain." Bruce continued: "John Terry is a Tony Adams type - he is the one that pulls people altogether. "Chelsea look as if they have got a great spirit and that is down to him." The Birmingham boss added: "I would think Terry would be unbuyable now. "The likes of John Terry come along very rarely - people who play week-in and week-out, are tough as they come and are top class. "He is the real deal. If he has maybe got one flaw, he maybe lacks that one yard of pace but, with everything else in his game, he certainly makes up for it." 球對自己栽培人才比較重要! 另外, 小弗不會回伯明罕!哼哼XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.228.8.43