精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《charly (lasciate ogni speranza)》之銘言: : 兩者的意思似乎非常接近 都有堅持、維持某事的意思 : 字典上的例句是這樣: : --Would you like some wine? : No, I'll stick to beer, thanks. : --We don't want to hear your opinion; stick to the facts. : --I'm sticking with my original idea. : --Stick with me, and you’ll be all right. : 所以差別是在於 'stick to' 的適用範圍較狹隘 只有當存在其他選項時才這麼使用 : 而'stick with' 的用法較廣泛、籠統? : 請多指教 謝謝! 初步先比較字典定義: stick to (something) : (1)to continue doing or using (something) especially when it is difficult to do so [EX] She stuck to her story about the money already being missing when she got there. (2)to not change (a decision, belief, etc.) [EX] I intend to stick to my promise/word. stick with [A] stick with (something) : (1)to continue using or doing (something) [EX] You need to find a job and stick with it. (2)to not change (a decision, belief, etc.) [EX] The company is sticking with its decision to close the store. [B]stick with (someone): (1)to stay close to (someone) in a race or competition [EX] The challenger stuck with the champion until the very last round. (2)to stay near (someone) in order to gain knowledge, protection, etc. [EX] Stick with me, kid, and you'll learn something! (Merriam-Webster's Leaner's Dictionary) 所以他們意思上有其重疊處。 建議你多參考後面搭配的字,"stick to" 後面常用的搭配如 "fact" [1]"philosophy" [2]"plan" [3]"pledge" [4]"policy" [5]"position" [6]"principle" [7]"rule" [8]"schedule" [9] 等。 "stick with"可接的搭配有 "人" [10]"機構" [11]"formula" [12]"plan" [13]"policy" [14]"rule" [15]"standard" [16]"strategy" [17] 等。 [1] Now, the sports minister of Brazil hoped that this would be passed in November, and now they are waiting for March. But Dilma Rousseff, who is the president of Brazil, is saying, I am going to stick to the fact that we will not have alcohol. (CNN, January 21, 2012) [2] It's not nice when criticism comes your way. You have to stick to your philosophy and what you know works and that comes from experience. (Independent, 07 January 2011) [3] By the time they are 11 years old the majority of children have made up their mind about their future - and stick to their plans, according to new research. (Guardian, 8 August 2005) [4] The government must stick to pledges to reform party financing-or risk any future scandal further undermining confidence, MPs have warned. (BBC, 29 January 2012) [5] Cristina Fern?ndez has so far proved the naysayers wrong. How long can she stick to the policies that are about to win her a second term? (Economist, Oct 22nd 2011) [6] Then the poll asked Republicans and independents, "do you want Republican leaders in the House and Senate to make compromises to gain consensus on the current budget debate, or do you want them stick to their positions even if this means not being able to gain consensus on the budget?" (Washington Post, April 07, 2011) [7] The world is a frightening place now. The only way for this country to deal with it is to stick to principles: to put down aggression on the continent where we have long committed ourselves to maintain peace and order, Europe; to approach a turbulent Russia not with weakness but with a clarity and firmness that Russians will respect, and above all to open our eyes to reality. (NY Times, January 28, 1994) [8] It's not really their Germanic features and grooming that interest the chancellor, of course, but rather their sober, Germanic approach to global crisis: If in doubt, stick to the rules. (Newsweek, December 12, 2011) [9] This wasn't especially practical for a working journalist with two kids, but I tried to stick to the schedule. It didn't do the trick. (Time, Sept. 18, 2000) [10] My husband is unfaithful and has a gambling problem. Should I stick with him? (Guardian, 12 March 2010) [11] Everyone is happier here too, you can tell. We've noticed a real buzz about the place. Working somewhere like this does encourage you to stick with the company. It would be sad not to work here any more. (Guardian, 11 July 2005) [12] Should England stick with a winning formula? (Independent, 23 June 2010) [13] When we lost the toss on a pretty good batting wicket for one split second you think "ah damn, could have really done with batting". But you have to get on with it and stick with your plan. (Independent, 09 December 2010) [14] However, Mr Bernanke will stick with the policy if the unemployment rate fails to show any meaningful reduction. (Telegraph, 08 February 2012) [15] We do have policies. The rule for my three kids is: no electronics on school days except what you actually need for schoolwork. No gadgets at mealtime or bedtime. Gadgets are O.K. when you're home sick or in the car for long trips. My older two kids manage to stick with those rules (mostly). My youngest, though, asks for that darned iPad constantly. (NY Times, February 24, 2011) [16] In light of his recent executive order telling agencies to get rid of rules that would do needless harm to the economy, President Obama should stick with the standards chosen under George W. Bush and wait until EPA's next scientific review of ozone wraps up in 2013, said Khary Cauthen, the group's director of federal relations. (NY Times, July 28, 2011) [17] Barclays appointed Bob Diamond, the head of its investment-banking business, as its new chief executive from March 2011. Mr Diamond said he would stick with the strategy of running a diversified bank with retail operations. (Economist, Sep 9th 2010) 希望以上對你有幫助 :) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 82.9.142.86
ninov:It helps a lot for me^^ 02/09 16:56
charly:受教了 感謝!! 02/09 23:08
EngLearner:相互切磋囉 :) 02/10 00:06