精華區beta NBA 關於我們 聯絡資訊
原文:http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/slamonline-top-50/2009/10/top-50-kevi n-garnett-no-12/ http://0rz.tw/VQEJ9 翻譯:http://bbs.hoopchina.com/926291.html ============================================================================== October 12, 2009 8:00 am | 134 Comments Top 50: Kevin Garnett, no. 12 The definitive ranking of the NBA’s best players. by DeMarco Williams This may come a tad stalker-ish, but I can remember the day, almost to the minute, Kevin Garnett became my favorite player in the League. It was November 20, 2002. Philips Arena. Visitors locker room after a 103-93 Minnesota Timberwolves win over the Atlanta Hawks. The scene was presumably like any other T-wolves postgame that year. Reporters pretended to have questions for the likes of Kendall Gill and Anthony Peeler, but in actuality, they were only killing time ‘til KG, who had a routine night of 15 and 12, finished in the showers. Other writers asked their questions of Garnett while he lotioned up. I, on the other hand, waited patiently for my time. It would come after KG finished dressing. I recall asking about the game and the progress of the season –the ’02-03 campaign would be his seventh straight leading Minnesota to the Playoffs- but right as we were finishing, I slipped up in my interview. And one thing you don’t do next to KG is slip up… Related StoriesFixing the NBA’s Most Important Knee Five Biggest Questions for ‘09-10 Game Notes: Mavs at Celtics Paul Pierce and Process The Post Up: Parker Ballin Me: Kev, one more question for you. What do you do for fun in Minneapolis? When I was up there with my girlfriend… Well, she’s my ex now.. Anyways, we — KG: …Hey, that sounds like a personal problem right there. Damn, even when heading to the team charter bus, Kevin Maurice Garnett is on his toes. I dig that. The rest of the National Basketball Association detests it. Be it a quick one-liner in the locker room or the fourth quarter with 10 ticks left on the clock, the dude is always ready for whatever comes his way. Throw a high school fight and accusations of gang activity at him as a teenager. It’s nothing. The South Carolina native merely packs his ish and moves to Chicago and becomes even more of a prep hoops legend. Throw a young franchise like the Timberwolves that knows nothing of winning or playoff appearances before his feet. He laughs and not only guides them to the postseason on an annual basis, but also leads Minnesota to the ’03-04 Western Conference Finals. Throw a proud Boston tradition, one with 16 championship banners but not a single new one since ’86, his way and you already know what happens. The most versatile big man the game’s ever seen simply ramps up his intensity a few notches past “Insane,” averages nearly 19 a night and helps the Celtics hoist their 17th title banner. Throw Garnett into the ’09-10 preseason with Orlando and Cleveland looking like certified contenders in the East and, amazingly, it’s still nothing. All 6-11 (6-11 ½, 7-0 or whatever the measurements truly are) of the Boston power forward was built for this. He knows that he’s gotta face Shaq and Dwight eight times. He knows that his rehabbed knee is going to be tested early and often. He knows that it’s been five seasons since he played 82 games of injury-free ball. But he also knows that the great ones don’t make excuses. They make history. And while the 33-year-old Kevin Garnett has seemingly done plenty already for his own wing in Springfield (12-time all-star, ’04 MVP, ’08 Defensive Player of the Year, only player ever to average 20/10/5 for six straight campaigns), he fully intends to write another chapter in the form of banner No. 18 hanging from TD Garden at the end of this season. And from the looks of a healthy KG so far this preseason, he’s already back to his vociferous ways on the court. Of course, Garnett cynics will continue to say the animated antics and primal posturing need to be toned down some. But like underground rapper, and fellow Carolina native, Cesar Comanche once said wisely in verse, “Those who hate it hate it for the same reason those who love it love it.” Consider me a proud, card-carrying member of the latter group since November 20, 2002. Notes ‧ Rankings are based solely on projected ‘09-10 performance. ‧ Contributors to this list include: Jake Appleman, Brett Ballantini, Russ Bengtson, Toney Blare, Shannon Booher, Myles Brown, Franklyn Calle, Gregory Dole, Emry DowningHall, Jonathan Evans, Adam Fleischer, Jeff Fox, Sherman Johnson, Aaron Kaplowitz, John Krolik, Holly MacKenzie, Ryne Nelson, Chris O’ Leary, Ben Osborne, Alan Paul, Susan Price, Sam Rubenstein, Khalid Salaam, Kye Stephenson, Adam Sweeney, Vincent Thomas, Tzvi Twersky, Justin Walsh, Joey Whelan, Eric Woodyard, and Nima Zarrabi. ‧ Want more of the SLAMonline Top 50? Check out the archive. ============================================================================== 我知道這聽起來有點像狂熱的粉絲,但我依然清楚的記得那一天,甚至可以精確到那一分 鐘......Kevin Garnett 成為我在聯盟中最愛的那一刻。那是2002年的11月20號,菲利普 斯球場。明尼蘇達灰狼以103比93戰勝亞特蘭大老鷹隊的客隊更衣室內。 當時的場景和那年任何一場森林狼賽後畫面如出一轍。記者們佯裝關心Kendall Gill或者 Anthony Peeler的興趣愛好,實則在耐心等待今晚又如往常一樣輕松拿下15+12的KG沐浴 更衣結束。 其他記者們通常在KG往身上抹潤膚露的時候便急不可耐的上去提問,而我呢,則是耐心等 待屬於自己的采訪時間。嗯,就是在KG已經完全衣著整齊的時候,呵呵。我依然記得自己 當時問了些關於當賽季的比賽進程的問題——02-03賽季,他連續第七年率隊殺入季後賽 ——,不過就在采訪行將結束時,我犯了個小錯誤,而當KG在你身邊時,你最不應該做的 就是犯錯誤。。 我:Kevin,最後一個問題,你平時在明尼蘇達如何取樂?我記得我和我女朋友——呃, 現在已經是前女友——去那的時候,我們。。。 KG:嘿,這聽起來像是私人問題了。 (這裡的犯錯應該是因為KG事前說了不聊私人問題。) 該死的,Kevin Maurice Garnett這家伙都快上球隊大巴了,還是如此認真,如此謹慎。 我討厭他這樣!NBA中的其他家伙也討厭這樣!不管是面對更衣室中的一個小葷段子,還 是比賽第四節僅剩10秒就將結束時,這家伙總是用他自己的方式做好准備。 高中時被指控參與鬥毆,沒什麼,這位土生土長的南卡羅萊納小男孩收拾行裝,前往芝加 哥,並在那成為未來的籃球巨星。 被年輕的,對勝利以及季後賽一無所知的森林狼選中,沒什麼,他微微一笑,年年帶領球 隊殺人季後賽,甚至在2003-04率隊出現在西部決賽的賽場上。 肩上扛起有著榮耀波士頓傳統,曾奪得16次總冠軍,但從86年起便一無所獲的凱爾特人, 沒什麼,隨後發生的一切大家都見證了。這位籃球史上最全能的大個子繼續展示他在籃球 場上的激情,場均幾乎拿下19分,幫助球隊升起了第17面總冠軍旗幟。 09-10賽季,KG將在東部面臨騎士和魔術的挑戰,令人驚奇的是,這依然沒什麼。這正是 這位身高6尺11寸(或者6尺11寸半或者7尺。。。)大前鋒存在的意義。他知道他將在這個 賽季至少同Shaq和Dwight交手八次,他知道他那受過傷的膝蓋將面臨重重考驗,他也知道 距離他當年82場全勤,沒有任何傷病的賽季已經有5年之久了。 但他同樣知道真正的強者從不畏懼,從不退縮,不會尋找借口。他們只會創造歷史。雖然 33歲的Kevin的個人榮譽已經足以使他入選名人堂,名垂籃球史(12次全明星,04年MVP, 08年Dpoy,唯一一位連續6個賽季拿下20+10+5數據的球員),但他依然准備用幫助TD花園 懸掛起第18面總冠軍旗幟來為自己已經濃妝艷抹的履歷表再添光彩一筆。 從季前賽上那個健康KG的表現看來,他又重新回歸了那聒噪,大喊大叫的風格。當然,他 的批評者們會繼續批評他這種近乎原始,野蠻的作風,他們認為他應該安靜一點。但就像 那位同樣來自卡羅萊納的說唱歌手Cesar Comanche曾經寫過的很有哲理的小詩一樣,“恨 他的人和愛他的人理由一個樣(Those who hate it hate it for the same reason those who love it love it)”。 而我自己呢?我非常榮幸自己從2002年11月20日起便正式步入後者行列。 -- 友:ㄟ,老洩,排排你的第一隊吧! 洩:PG:T.Parker SG:M.Ginobili SF:C.Anthony PF:K.Garnett C:T.Duncan -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 134.208.85.63
hllwolfkhan :功臣身退 我已經把我心目中的最佳五人貼玩了 掰掰 10/23 00:54
hllwolfkhan:轉錄至看板 Celtics 10/23 00:56
hochigoodpig:大推~那有空可以貼一下它們的TOP 5 嗎? 很好奇 10/23 00:57
hllwolfkhan :1.LBJ OR KB 2.LBJ OR KB 3.WADE 4.CP3 5.DH12 6.TD 10/23 00:59
hllwolfkhan :7.melo 8.雷婷王 9.DIRK 10.ROY 11.DW8 12.KG 10/23 01:00
b2209187 :他才12喔= = 10/23 01:00
b2209187 :CP3感覺有點太高... 但也有前10實力 10/23 01:01
rainingdayz :TD比DH低= = 10/23 01:01
brokenleg :那個殺人季後賽太恐怖了吧.....XD 10/23 01:05
susy88kent :KG超低...雷霆王也有點高 10/23 01:12
bluesgzr :殺人季後賽...XD 10/23 01:14
gakuto :感覺Melo跟KG可以換一下 10/23 02:23