精華區beta TunHua08t317 關於我們 聯絡資訊
6/11 White-Water Rafting Fun The next day I did something I'd wanted to do for a long time: white-water rafting! First our group donned wetsuits and life jackets, then learned how to paddle and stay safe. Next we headed for the water! The banks of the river were green and silent, but the river flowed fast and white. It was both exciting and scary. A couple of times we all thought the raft was going to tip over! By the time we reached the end of the trip, every- one was quite wet, but also thrilled. Before I said goodbye to Banff National Park, I visited two pristine lakes: Lake Moraine and Lake Louise. Each lake had a unique blue color.High above the water, great slabs of snow and ice clung to the mountaintops. Walking along the shore of lake Moraine felt like walking into a postcard. It was hard to believe I had waited so long to return to Banff National Park. If a visit to the park is in your future travel plans, don't wait any longer than you have to. Key Points: ※Adventure seekers can go white-water rafting in Banff National Park. ※Lake Moraine and Lake Louise are beautiful, pristine lakes. Word Bank: don (v) 穿上 If you want to ride on my motorcycle, you must first don a helmet. You can't ride with out wearing one. tip over (v phr) 打翻 If you stand up in a small boat, you may make it tip over. Then you will fall into the water. pristine (adj) 純淨的;原始的 The river is so pristine you can drink the water without even boiling it. cling (v) 依附;緊握不放 As the bus raced down the street, I clung to the bus's overhead handles to keep from falling down. More Information: white-water rafting (n phr) 泛舟 Rivers with fast-flowing water and few sharp rocks are great for white- water rafting. wetsuit (n) 潛水衣 If you don't wear a wetsuit in the water, you will soon become very cold. slab (n) 板、片(如木、石) The school has covered its back lot with a big slab of concrete. It is now used as a parking lot. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 140.115.226.45