看板 Asiantennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
KOLKATA, India, Sept 20 (Reuters) - Uzbekistan's Iroda Tulyaganova is keen to get her career back on track after suffering three frustrating years of injury trouble following her 2002 Asian Games triumph. The Tashkent-born 24-year-old was rated among the brightest prospects in the world four years ago, reaching a career-high WTA ranking of 16 on the back of three tournament victories and impressive wins over several top 10 players. However, Tulyaganova's world came crashing down in 2003 after the hard-serving player suffered an elbow stress fracture that required surgery. Dejected and struggling financially during her extended recovery period competing in lower tier tournaments, Tulyaganova is delighted to be plying her trade back in a main tour event. Ranked a lowly 346th, she entered this week's Kolkata Open as a qualifier, but showed her class to sweep into the second round with a 6-4 6-1 victory over Taiwan's Chuang Chia-jung on Tuesday. "I didn't realise before what I was playing for because I was young and had nothing to lose," she told reporters. "But now I'm fighting for every win". "This is my second start. I think I'm mentally tougher, more mature and composed on court." BEST TENNIS Tulyaganova, who has played very few events this year, spoke about her injury woes earlier in the week, after winning her two qualifying rounds to enter the main draw. "I think I'd overdone it, my bone gave way," she told reporters. "It feels very sad, I too could have been where these girls are now," she said, referring to grand slam winners Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne, who she beat before her injury. "I was playing some of my best tennis," she said. "I went through a very hard time. "But I guess life's like that. Now I'm a lot more relaxed. I don't kill myself if I lose a match." Tulyaganova is keen to do even better if she remains injury-free. "I see myself ranked within the top 10 in the world in the future," she said. "For the moment though, I'll be happy if I can finish this season inside the top 200." Last week, she captured the Asian championship title in her hometown to earn a wildcard for next year's Australian Open. "I want to at least reach the quarter-finals there," she said. Updated on Wednesday, Sep 20, 2006 2:45 am EDT -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.217.193.50