看板 Asiantennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
San Diego Women Singles' 1st round: Sania Mirza IND d. 12-Shahar Peer ISR 63 46 62 上週在史丹佛打進近兩年多來首項決賽的Mirza持續有好表現, 三盤激戰淘汰雙打搭檔兼好友Peer。 Mirza在賽後訪問表示第三盤改變了戰術,頻頻主動上網進攻, 減少底線來回球次數(因為她知道Peer很會跑),最後戰術成功。 Mirza第二輪將會碰上希臘好手Daniilidou。 Mirza upsets Peer at Acura August 1, 2007 CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) -- Sania Mirza used pressure at the net in the third set to pull off a 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 upset of No. 12 seed Shahar Peer on Tuesday in the Acura Classic. Mirza, a finalist at Stanford on Sunday, beat her doubles partner by going to the net more often than usual in the final set, trying to shorten rallies. The strategy paid off for Mirza, who said she was tired from playing all week at the Bank of the West Classic. "I really didn't want to spend so much time on the court," said Mirza, who lost in straights sets at Stanford to Anna Chakvetadze. "We all know that (Peer) is one of the best on the tour at running down shots. If I keep hitting and ripping from behind the baseline, she's going to keep tracking down balls." Mirza instead decided uncharacteristically to come to the net in the third set against her Israeli opponent. It worked as Mirza jumped out to a 4-1 lead. Mirza, who equaled her career-high ranking of No. 31 this week after her runner-up finish at Stanford, broke Peer's serve nine times. "I'm happy because it was a very tough first-round match," Mirza said. "But we both are not happy because we are friends, and it's hard to play a friend." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 202.175.163.95
nicholasJCF:加油Mirza 08/02 18:21