看板 BLAZERS 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Trail Blazers suspend forward Darius Miles 1/28/2005, 10:29 p.m. PT By ANNE M. PETERSON The Associated Press PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland Trail Blazers forward Darius Miles was suspended by the team for two games Friday after an argument with coach Maurice Cheeks during a film session the day before. The Blazers suspended Miles for conduct detrimental to the team and insubordination. Without him, Portland beat the Los Angeles Clippers 90-86 Friday night. "I am disappointed that we've had this distraction to deal with today," Blazers president Steve Patterson said in a statement. "We expect a certain behavior from everyone in our organization, and what happened yesterday is not acceptable behavior." The Trail Blazers would not comment on the nature of the confrontation, except to say there was one. According to The Oregonian newspaper, Miles repeatedly called Cheeks a racial epithet. "He blew up in the film session," said Cheeks, who characterized Miles' comments as inappropriate. Messages left for Miles' Florida-based agent, Jeff Wechsler, were not returned on Friday. In a statement released by the Blazers, Miles said: "Things were said in frustration and I am sorry for that. It is very important to me that our fans understand that I am committed to winning and that the losses we have had this season have been difficult for all of us. My entire focus when I return to the team will be on winning and helping us make a run for the playoffs." He did not apologize to Cheeks in the statement. General manager John Nash wouldn't comment on that, but said, "Darius will be welcomed back to the team at the conclusion of the suspension." After the game against the Clippers, center Theo Ratliff said: "Cheeks is a great guy. He hates when is comes to something like this with the players, because he's all for the players." Miles, who signed a six-year, $48 million contract with the Blazers in the offseason, will also sit out Tuesday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers at the Staples Center. Miles was not at the team's shootaround Friday morning at the Rose Garden Arena. He recently missed eight games because of a bone contusion in his left knee. Miles was activated last Saturday before the Blazers' 92-83 loss at home to the Minnesota Timberwolves. He has appeared in 32 games this season, with 10 starts. He was averaging 12.9 points and five rebounds. He has not started since he was activated from the injured list. Entering Friday night's game, the Blazers had lost 13 of their last 16 games as they struggled with a spate of injuries. In addition to Miles, the Blazers recently lost top scorer Zach Randolph for five games with a knee injury, and forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim continues to sit out, following elbow surgery. The Blazers are working to clean up an image that has been marred in recent years by player misconduct both on and off the court. Bonzi Wells was suspended for one game in March 2003 for cussing at Cheeks during a practice. In November 2003, Wells was suspended for two games for a profanity-laced tirade to Cheeks on the court after he was taken out of a game at Dallas. Two weeks later, Wells was traded to Memphis. Miles' suspension comes as the Blazers try to get past trouble with former Portland forward Qyntel Woods, who pleaded guilty to misdemeanor animal abuse last week following allegations of dog fighting. Upon his plea, Woods was immediately waived by the Blazers, who had suspended him indefinitely without pay when the allegations first surfaced back in early October. Woods has since been signed by the Miami Heat. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.30.230