看板 BLAZERS 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Thursday was the start of the period in which NBA teams can start negotiating extensions with their 2007 rookies. The Oklahoma City Thunder wasted little time beginning the process with their pick of that year, forward Kevin Durant, who was selected No. 2 in that draft. That raised a question about the top pick in that year's draft, Greg Oden. The center has had three injury-plagued seasons with the Blazers, playing just 82 games. At times he has shown signs that he could become the dominant center the Blazers and their fans imagined he would become. So while the Thunder will likely offer Durant a maximum contract, Portland has to decide what Oden is worth. Portland has until Oct. 31 to sign Oden to an extension, or he becomes a restricted free agent. What should the Blazers offer him? Readers had different takes: fashooga Well if Oden does become a restricted FA then teams could screw the Blazers a maximum deal just to force the Blazers at hand and give him a contract that might not be worth all that money. Besides, I would give him a contract similar to that of Joel Pryzbilla. Small and simple. tripbill You don't offer Oden a thing until he proves he can play. So what if he goes to restricted status at the end of next season? The Blazers can match any offer he receives. getadog Unfortunately, those aren't the only options available to Oden. If the Blazers let him become a restricted free agent, he doesn't have to sign an offer from anyone. Then the Blazers would be forced to sign him to a one year qualifying offer (after which he would be an unrestricted FA),orrelease him. And BTW, Greg has proven he can play, he needs to prove he can stay healthy. limelight10e I’d offer Greg Oden 5 bucks. My offer would be 5 bucks per game he actually makes it thru tip off to last horn. ( 這個人很酸 XD ) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.227.193.93