作者blackbone (黑骨頭)
看板Brewers
標題[消息] More Hardy post-trade speculation
時間Mon Nov 16 14:22:52 2009
More than a week removed from the Brewers-Twins trade that sent shortstop
J.J. Hardy to Minnesota for center fielder
Carlos Gomez, reports continue to
emerge about the other offers that Brewers GM Doug Melvin passed up.
The latest comes from FoxSports.com, which suggested in a series of reports
that the Pirates offered either catcher
Ryan Doumit or closer
Matt Capps for
Hardy -- the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had the same Capps rumor -- but that
Melvin wanted one of Pittsburgh's left-handed starters:
Zach Duke or
Paul
Maholm. Fox cites a Major League source who said the Pirates rejected that
idea.
It would have been a nice haul for Melvin, considering that all 29 of his
rival GMs knew full-well that he would trade Hardy this winter. Duke is under
contract for two more years and coming off his best big league season with a
4.06 ERA, three complete games (nearly four) in 213 innings. Maholm also has
two more years, plus a club option for 2012. He has made at least 29 starts
in four straight seasons and has a 4.33 career ERA.
Assuming the Fox report is accurate, Doumit is an interesting name
considering that the Brewers are in a transition period behind the plate.
Given Melvin's statement last week that he might not be able to spend $5
million on a catcher next season (that was Jason Kendall's salary in 2009) it
may have been a cost issue with Doumit. According to FoxSports.com, the
28-year-old is to earn $3.55 million this next season and $5.1 million in
2011, with a $7.25 million club option for '12 and an $8.25 million club
option for '13.
Durability is also a big issue. Doumit had a breakthrough season in 2008
(.318 average, 15 homers, 69 RBIs in 116 games) but was limited to 75 games
in 2009 because of wrist, back and knee injuries.
Then there's the issue of trading within the division. Reds GM Walt Jocketty
told MLB.com that he, too, expressed some interest in Hardy but was told by
his good friend Melvin that the Brewers preferred to move the player out of
the National League Central.
In the end, Melvin was focused on acquiring a young starting pitcher or a
young, defensively-sound center fielder for Hardy. He pulled the trigger for
Gomez.
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 134.208.33.182
※ 編輯: blackbone 來自: 134.208.33.182 (11/16 14:23)
→ blackbone:第一次轉錄國外消息@@ 在Facebook上面看到的. 11/16 14:23
推 broken543:靠 海盜那兩隻投手感覺都堪用啊,JJ換不到是怎樣.... 11/16 14:28
推 darkerson:再抱怨一次.........結果JJ只換到一條腿........ 11/16 14:29
推 BenSheets:怎麼沒換到Zach Duke= = 11/16 14:31
推 george730405:奇怪,Melvin跟紅襪和海盜都是談SP,怎麼換不到後搞 11/16 14:36
→ george730405:回一雙腿... 11/16 14:36
推 darkerson:然後SP依然無解,最新聽到的是Mark Mulder和EdwinJackson 11/16 14:40
推 darkerson:至於雷姬的話...搶贏的機率.............. 11/16 14:43
推 cwwu:因為Melvin交易的第一選項是先發投手,第二選項就是年輕中外 11/16 14:46
推 cwwu:野手。 11/16 14:46
推 BenSheets:不曉得Capuano近況怎樣 11/16 20:56
→ searoar:沒有把自己一二號先發換給同區這種蠢事吧= = 11/16 21:29
推 ICHIKAWAYUI:這筆交易最主要是清出薪資空間和潛力股... 11/16 23:47
→ ICHIKAWAYUI:沒薪資額度要怎摸簽大投手... 11/16 23:47
推 george730405:我們很難吸引大投手...只求別為了填補空缺又出現 11/17 01:01
→ george730405:Suppan那種約... 11/17 01:01
推 ICHIKAWAYUI:酒鬼球衣這麼好看 一定會有人要來的!! 哈哈哈 11/17 10:34
推 JJHardy:怎麼我這麼沒價值... 11/19 07:33
推 kobemartin:樓上加油~支持你到底 11/19 10:18