看板 Cavaliers 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Varejao crashes boards with thunder Wednesday, January 05, 2005 Burt Graeff Plain Dealer Reporter Contrary to what some may believe, the July trade that brought Drew Gooden to the Cavaliers for Tony Battie was not a straight-up deal. It also included little-known 6-10 Brazilian rookie Anderson Varejao. What a throw-in he's become. While Gooden has more than adequately replaced Carlos Boozer, Varejao has come off coach Paul Silas' bench to create pure havoc. When Varejao is not crashing the offensive and defensive boards for a rebound, he's diving for a loose ball that's about to sail into the high-priced courtside seats at Gund Arena. And, when he's not diving for a loose ball that's about to sail into the seats, he's standing in the lane taking a charge. Hair, and he's got lots of it, flies everywhere. "It seems like he's going 100 miles an hour all the time," teammate Zydrunas Ilgauskas said. Varejao is gaining cult-like status in Gund Arena, where a buzz spreads through the seats when Silas signals for him to report in - usually replacing Gooden. "The biggest thing Anderson does when he comes off the bench," Cavaliers assistant coach Brendan Malone said, "is give us instant energy. "I have worked a lot with him on shooting and offensive moves since he's come here, but the one thing you can't teach is the hustle and enthusiasm he brings to the game." In the Cavaliers 94-83 victory at Charlotte on Monday night, Varejao had a career high 12 rebounds, four points, one assist and one block in 20 minutes. How active was he? During a 2:35 minute stretch of the second quarter, he had three rebounds, one assist, a driving layup and turnover. Fans are not the only ones who have taken to Varejao. It appears his teammates have as well. In Wednesday night's 98-87 loss to Houston at Gund Arena, the Cavaliers reserves rose as one and high-fived each other after Varejao rolled down the lane and dunked on the Rockets' 7-2 center Dikembe Mutombo. "[Varejao] has this certain intensity about him," Cavaliers forward Robert Traylor said. "He goes after everything, every loose ball, no matter who's back, he has to go over to get it." Varejao had a November to forget, missing seven games while on the injured list being treated for tendinitis of the left knee. In four other games, he played 24 minutes. Since then, Silas has not been able to keep the kid out of his rotation. In 16 appearances after November, Varejao is averaging 5.1 points and 3.4 rebounds in 12 minutes a game. He's shooting 60 percent (26-43) from the field. "He knows that part of his role is being energetic," LeBron James said. "He does that, and I love him for it." Silas said he's surprised by what he's seen. "I saw him on tape before we got him," Silas said, "but I wasn't quite sure what he'd bring." Silas paused, and smiled. "This trade sure makes us look like geniuses, doesn't it?" he said. Cavaliers General Manager Jim Paxson said he first saw Varejao, 22, two years ago in Spain. "He's young, but he played on the Brazil National Team when he was 16," Paxson said. "I was probably higher on him than some of our scouts were, but I thought his game could transfer to the NBA." Orlando selected Varejao with the first pick of the second round (30th overall) in the June draft. "We inquired about him, and then found out they were trying to move [Drew] Gooden," Paxson said, "in order to play [first-round pick] Dwight Howard." The Cavaliers paid Barcelona, Varejao's European League team, a $350,000 buyout, then signed him to a three-year, $2.6 million deal. Many in the organization compare Varejao, and his relentless approach at hitting both boards, to former NBA robo-rebounder Dennis Rodman. "That's not an easy comparison for me," said Varejao, who speaks Portuguese, Spanish and improving English. "Dennis Rodman was a star. I have to help the Cavaliers any way I can, because I don't get a lot of time to do it." More time may be on the way. To reach this Plain Dealer reporter: [email protected], 216-999-4479 2005 The Plain Dealer. Used with permission. ------------------------------------------------------------ 文章大意是說: 在硬漢Battie跟魔術交換Gooden的這一場生意中,除了讓Gooden補上Boozer的位子之外 ,Varejao更是一筆意外之財。 Varejao精力充沛的令大家吃驚,大Z就說:他好像隨時在跑100 miles。 助理教練說:他上場就能夠對我們提供立即的能源。 除了對山貓那一場20分鐘內12籃板一火鍋,拿4分的表現外,大帝受難記那一場灌在木桶 伯頭上的球更是令隊友讚嘆。 Traylor也說:他會去追逐每個loose的球,不管誰擋住,就是要搶到它。 大帝也說:他瞭解他的角色就是要這樣精力旺盛,他做到了,所以大帝也愛他。 Silas一開始只在錄影帶上看過他,但是不確定他能帶來什麼。至於現在呢.... 賽老大黑認為那筆交易讓他們看起來像是天才一樣... 最後,文章提到,他之前在歐洲打球時,他被來跟籃板怪角小蟲相比。 對於這點Varejao說:小蟲是個球星。而我沒有太多上場時間,所以必須盡我所能去幫助 球隊,用任何方式。 More time may be on the way.--最後的結論:) -- 首次小翻一下外電,喜歡這傢伙,希望大家也不嫌棄... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.123.214.193
Bauger:PUSH~~ 140.112.251.58 01/07
pungjer:他會去追逐每個loose的球 真像櫻木啊!! 220.137.103.9 01/07
skywaiter:認真打球就是好事 (回頭看小米利...Orz) 163.13.68.129 01/07
McDaniel:大推!交易得到Varejao 真的賺到!:D 61.62.155.78 01/07
jockey:推!我喜歡態度積極的好球員! 61.228.30.252 01/07
KKB:耶耶耶 218.169.81.191 01/07
lwei781: 這種心態很糟糕 Makeup.... 02/23 23:51