看板 Cross_Life 關於我們 聯絡資訊
(外文﹕http://www.quora.com/What-are-some-advantages-to-living-in-China- compared-to-living-in-the-US) Q:What are some advantages toliving in China compared to living in the US ? 相比美國﹐在中國生活有哪些好處﹖ Lauren Windle 讚(1100+) 1.Your salary. I get paid pretty much equalto what I would in the USA ($40 -45k) as a history teacher at a local school,which includes a stipend for housing and round-trip flight home every year…but my salary goes further here. At home, I could hardly afford an apartment (I’m from New Jersey) because I hadstudent loans, car payments, car insurance, rent, utilities, etc. Here, rent is paid. Utilities are cheap ($100 max for heat in the winter; $10water bill; $30 unlimited internet). I have no car, no car insurance. I can gettaxis (starting at $3) or hire a car (starting at $5) or take the metro (lessthan $1) everywhere. I can eat very well with a variety of foods , go getmassages & spa treatments ($30 for 90min at my fave place, but you can goto cheaper places), and travel cheaply. All while still having enough to sendhome to pay for student loans… 1.薪水。我在當地一所學校當歷史老師﹐我的薪水和我在美國差不多(40-45K美刀) ﹐其中包括住房和每年往返機票等補貼…但錢在這裡更經用。 在美國﹐我連公寓幾乎都住不起(我來自新澤西州)﹐因為我有助學貸款﹐汽車貸款 ﹐汽車保險﹐房租﹐水電等。 在這裡﹐我隻要付租金。水電費很便宜(冬天暖氣最多100刀﹐水費10刀﹐30刀可不 限流量上網)。我沒有車﹐所以也就沒有汽車保險。但我可以打的(起步價為3刀) ﹐或租一輛車(起價5刀) ﹐或乘坐地鐵(不到1刀)去任何地方。我可以享受各種 美食﹐去按摩或做SPA(我最喜歡的地方90分鐘/30刀﹐也有更便宜的地方)旅行也很 便宜。所以我仍還有足夠的錢還助學貸款… 2. The food. I left Shanghaifor a year for another job and that is what I missed most. All the regionalcuisines (Hunan, Sichuan, Yunnan, Dongbei, Taiwanese, Xinjiang, Tibetan) aredelicious and fantastic. I can also get a wide range of international cuisineswithin 5km of my apartment (Thai, Vietnamese , Vegan, Organic,Japanese, French, Italian, Mediterranean, Spanish, Mexican , Turkish, Moroccan,Indian, Malaysian, Singaporean, etc. etc.) and, for the most part, arereasonably priced. Shanghai is more expensive than Beijing and people herealways complain about inflation, especially with cost of food. However, witheverything else being relatively cheap, I don’t mind spending $15-30 on aWestern restaurant brunch which includes a bloody Maryor two… (not the four star crazy buffets… they are $80-100) 2.美食。當我因另一份工作離開上海一年時﹐這是我最懷念的。所有的地方菜系(湖 南﹐四川﹐雲南﹐東北﹐台灣﹐xj﹐XZ)都無比好吃。在我住的公寓5公裡范圍內就 可以吃到各國美食(泰國﹐越南﹐素食﹐有機﹐日本﹐法國﹐意大利﹐地中海﹐西班 牙﹐墨西哥﹐土耳其﹐摩洛哥﹐印度﹐馬來西亞﹐新加坡﹐等等﹐等等)﹐並在大多 數情況下﹐價格公道。上海物價比北京更貴﹐這裡的人也總是抱怨通貨膨脹﹐尤其是 在吃的上花費。然而﹐其他一切是相對便宜﹐我並不介意花15到30刀在一間西餐廳享 受一個早午餐﹐來上一兩杯雞尾酒…(當然不是那些瘋狂的四星級酒店自助餐……那 得 80到100刀 ) 3.Convenience. You don’t have time to clean your house or do your laundry ? Hirean ayi (maid/nanny) … Mine costs about $6/hr … You don’t want to go to yourfavorite restaurant for dinner because the pollution is bad? Don ’t worry, youcan have it delivered. There are many restaurant delivery services where youcan order online and someone goes to get your order from the restaurant andbrings it to you… You don’t want to go to theforeign supermarket? You can orderonline and have it delivered. You don’t want to go to the store to buy bottledwater? You can have it delivered. You don’t want to spend $100s on a new suit?Bring a picture to the fabric market and they’ll make it for $10s. You want todo a juice cleanse? You can buyone and have it delivered to you every day. You can get a lot of things donefor you if you know how … And the list keeps growing! 3.便利。你沒有時間打掃房間或洗衣服﹖可以請阿姨(保姆) …隻需花費 6刀每小 時……你不想去你喜歡的餐廳吃飯﹐因為外面污染很重﹖別擔心﹐你可以叫外賣。許 多餐廳提供外賣服務﹐你可以在網上下單﹐就有人會送到你手上…你不想去超市﹖你 也可以在網上訂購然後快遞。你不想去商店買礦泉水﹖你也可以叫快遞。你不想花上 100多刀買一套新衣服﹖可以把衣服圖片拿到面料市場﹐隻需要10幾刀他們就能幫你 做好同樣的衣服。你想要做喝果汁減肥﹖你可以訂購然後每天都會送上門。隻要你知 道方式﹐很多事情都可以搞定……這個名單可以無限增加﹗ 4. Travel. You can travelcheaply in the entire region. You can also splurge on ahotel because the cost of wherever you’re going is going to be nominal .I treated my mom to a private villa in Thailand for Christmas. I stayed at theSofitel in Hanoi for my birthday. I am a ardentbudget backpacker at heart and have been travelling & living in hostels for8 years, but living in China has given me the opportunity to see many differentcultures around East and Southeast Asia and stay within my budget. Only in thelast year have I started splurging a bit, and while I don’t do it all the time,it’ s nice to know that I can… Now, I know friends at bigger international schools with bigger salaries thatlive in bubbles on the outskirts of town and spend myentire monthly salary on apartments or going out to eat… My boyfriend livesin such a bubble with a driver and he eats at the top tier restaurants all thetime… I like being in the middle of it all… I would probably be consideredrich by most Chinese , but middle-upper class by most expats here in Shanghai…I can`t enjoy top tier luxuries all the time, but I can afford way more that Iever could in the USA at my age (I’m 29) 4.旅行。你可以相當經濟的在當地旅行。你也可以奢侈一把住在酒店﹐因為無論去哪 酒店都不算貴。我曾請我媽媽在泰國一個私人別墅度聖誕假期﹐我也曾住在河內索菲 特酒店慶祝自己生日。我內心其實是一個非常節儉背包客﹐過去八年我一直在旅程中 或旅館裡。但在中國生活給了我機會有足夠的預算去體驗東亞和東南亞不同的文化。 直到去年我開始偶爾揮霍一下﹐我不經常這麼做﹐但是知道自己有能力奢侈一把還是 還蠻爽的。我知道我的朋友們有更高的薪水呆在更大的國際學校裡﹐住在市郊的奢華 公寓裡﹐花上相當於我一整個月的工資用在公寓或外出就餐上…我男朋友和他的司機 住在這樣的奢華公寓裡﹐他經常去那些頂級餐廳…當然我也樂在其中…對於大部分中 國人來說我屬於有錢人﹐對於大部分上海的外籍人士我屬於中間階層…我享受不起無 窮的奢華﹐但像我這年紀(29歲)遠比我在美國能享受到的更多。 5. Culture/Language.Living in the middle of Shanghai means that I interact with the local cultureevery day. I’ve learned to read and speak enough Mandarin to haggle in markets,order in restaurants, talk to taxi drivers, have conversations about where I’mfrom and what I do, navigate around the city, etc. It can be very frustratingsometimes, and I know if you are in your expat bubble, you don’t even have to speakany Mandarin at all, but I like what I’ve experienced. I speak Mandarin everyday and as a history teacher, I find living and experiencing the changes inChina to be fascinating . You can see the impact the past has had on the currentgovernment and how the economic changes are paving the way for a new China toemerge… it’s great to be here and experience all of the energy… 5.語言和文化。住在上海意味著我與當地文化每天親密接觸。我學會的普通話已經足 夠應付在市場裡討價還價、餐廳裡點菜以及和的士司機閒聊。聊一些關於我來自哪裡 、我做些什麼等。盡管有時聊天會令人很沮喪﹐我也知道如果隻生活在老外的圈子裡 ﹐你可以根本不會講中文﹐但是我喜歡我的體驗。作為歷史老師我每天都說普通話﹐ 我覺得生活在中國和體驗中國的變化讓人陶醉。你可以看到歷史對當前政府的影響﹐ 你也可以看到經濟的變化是如何為新中國舖平了道路…我很有幸正在這裡體驗著所有 的活力… 評論翻譯 Al Nelson 讚(201) 1. Theenergy around Shenzhen is amazing. It feels like a heyday. Things are in fluxin a generally good way. It feels like the US in the 50〃 and 60′ s. You canmake it if you really try. It is a little unstable, but so are fighter planes. 2. Shopping. OMG, this is where they make the stuff, so you can buy almostanything at a good price. Bring an empty suitcase. They go big here – wholemalls filled with nothing but electronics or tea or whatever. 3. RMB spends almost like dollars. My US salary plus per diemmade me affluent . I had a great suite, a waiting car, ate at the best places;it was a treat . 4. We all have a bit of China in us, but you might not realize it until you seeit with your own eyes. Stands of bamboo. Impossible upright hills of red soil, Lushgreen growth and shining cities. Cobbles and statues older thanhistory. 5. Freedom. This might surprise some, but China feels more free than the US onmost days. Sure they tap your communications even more, but meanwhile , thereare a thousand fewer petty rules. You want to buy a $70 pack of premiumcigarettes , go ahead. You want to buy meds from a pharmacy without aprescription, ok . You need to cut a deal with vendors or shippers;knock yourself out. A cocktail at 4:30 am, fine. As long as youdon’t knock the government or make a public ass of yourself, almost anything ispossible 1. 遍布深圳的活力是驚人的。感覺這就是一個盛世。一切都在快速變化﹐通常是朝 好的方向。感覺像是美國五六十年代﹐隻要你勇於嘗試你就可能獲得成功。 2. 購物。我天﹗這裡是世界工廠﹐所以你能以合理的價格幾乎可以買到任何東西。 快帶一個大的空箱子來這裡──所有的商場裡都充滿了電子產品、茶葉等一切東西。 3. RMB花起來幾乎等同美刀。美國的薪水待遇讓我這裡變身土豪。我有超讚的套房和 隨時待命的司機﹐吃也是在最好的地方﹐這簡直是一種享受。4. 我們身上都有一點 中國的情節﹐但你也許還沒有意識到這一點﹐直到你身臨其境。挺拔的竹子。紅色土 壤、陡峭的山丘。鬱鬱蔥蔥植被和閃閃發光的城市。還有歷經滄桑的鵝卵石小路和無 數的雕像。 5. 自由。這可能會令一些人吃驚﹐但大多時候中國比美國更自由。當然他們監聽通 訊或許更嚴重﹐但同時也沒有那些成千上萬的清規戒律。你想買70刀一包的高級香煙 ﹐沒人管。沒有處方你想從藥店買藥﹐沒問題 。你想跟商販或貨主達成一筆交易﹐ 隨便你。你想在在凌晨4:30喝上一杯雞尾酒 ﹐沒問題。隻要你不去招惹政府或公眾 ﹐幾乎任何事情都是可以的。 Zachary Shepard 讚(115) I walk down the street, crowds pressing in on me from all sides. As I stroll along, my ears pick up a hacking-coughing noise, and I turn just in time to see a little old lady spit into the street. I smile, and turn my head back just in time to avoid tripping over a four year old boy peeing on the sidewalk. Turning the corner, I pass a crowd of elderly men practicing Tai Chi in the park and another gathering of significantly younger waiters participating in morning exercises in front of a restaurant. After running across the street in the midst of a cacophony of car horns, I finally step into a tiny , hole-in-the-wall restaurant and order a steaming bowl of noodles for a dollar. As I slurp my way to the bottom of the bowl armed with chopsticks and a spoon, I converse with my local Chinese tutor about her daughter’ s schooling and the academic pressure on both student and parent. This is just a typical hour of my life in China.At the age of seven, my parents made the decision to move overseas to the city of Kunming, China. Eleven years later, I look back at these years as the best part of my life. Granted , I have a different perspective from current expats in China, as my years there occurred as a child/teenager rather than adult. Nevertheless, I can share about the amazing aspects of China from a younger perspective. 我走上大街﹐立即感覺人群從四面八方湧來。我慢步走著﹐耳邊傳來一陣咳嗽聲音﹐ 我扭過頭去﹐剛好看到一個小老太一口濃痰吐在地上。我笑了笑﹐把頭回過來恰巧避 免碰倒一個在街邊拉尿的四歲小孩。我轉過街角﹐公園裡有一群老大爺正在練太極﹐ 另一群年輕服務員正在一餐館前做晨操。穿過一條充滿刺耳汽車喇叭聲的馬路﹐我終 於邁進了牆上滿是洞的小餐館﹐花了一美刀要了一碗熱氣騰騰的面條﹐我一邊用筷子 和勺子嘖嘖有聲地把面條吃了個碗底朝天﹐一邊跟我的中文老師談論有關他女兒教育 和學業給學生和家長帶來的壓力問題。這是我在中國生活典型的一個小時。 在我七歲的時候﹐我父母決定從海外搬到中國的昆明生活。11年後﹐當我回頭看這些 年歷程﹐我覺得這是我生命中最精彩的篇章。毫無疑問﹐我與現在生活在中國的外籍 人士有不同的視角﹐因為我在中國生活是青少年時期﹐而不是成年後。盡管如此﹐我 可以和你分享從一個青少年視角看中國生活讓人驚嘆的一面。 First, the food. “Chinese” dishes in the US such as Egg Foo Young and Chow Mein may have a place in the world, but that place is not as authentic Chinese food. Real Chinese food is beyond description. Just imagine a hot bowl of fried wheat noodles, complete with tomatoes, beef, a variety of cabbage vegetables, and wonderful spices. Then imagine getting a large bowl of said noodles for about a $1.50. You just can’t beat real Chinese food.Second , convenience. Living in a city of seven million, one would imagine that getting to the places you needed to go would present quite a challenge in daily life. Rather, Kunming (and many other Chinese cities) has a wonderful , intricate bus system that can take you just about anywhere for about thirty cents. If you prefer a slightly more active transportation system, biking in the middle of a Chinese city is absolutely wonderful. Granted, traffic rules here are more like guidelines, so you bike at your own risk. That being said, there are few feelings better than racing through crowded city roads at top speed dodging cars, bikes, and old ladies crossing the street . Shopping wise, with the activity or bargaining, one can purchase necessary clothes, food, and appliances for significantly cheap prices, helping you live comfortably on potentially smaller pay that you would receive in the States.Third, opportunity. In China, opportunities to participate in incredible activities open up much easier than they do in the US. For instance, my father worked here at an international clinic. Through his work he met a Canadian plastic surgeon who was performing restorative surgeries on Chinese burn victims and then helping run a rehab center for said patients. After a few conversations with the Canadian doctor, I was able to create an entire research project based on decreasing pain in the patients during rehab procedures . Where else could you set up such a project with such ease? 首先﹐美食。在美國常見的芙蓉蛋、炒面等“中國菜”在世界上也許有一席之地﹐但 這並不是正宗的中國菜。真正的中國菜無法用言語來形容。想象一下﹐一碗熱氣騰騰 的炒面條﹐配上西紅柿、牛肉、各式蔬菜和絕妙調料。你再想象一下﹐這樣的一碗面 隻要1.5刀。你就知道真正的中國菜是無敵於天下的。 第二﹐便利。生活在700萬人口的大城市﹐你也許會覺得日常生活中去你想去的地方 是一個極大的挑戰。出人意料的是﹐昆明和很多其他中國城市都有一個神奇和復雜的 公交系統﹐你隻需花30美分就能搭乘去城市的任何角落。如果你喜歡更積極的出行方 式﹐在中國城市騎車絕對精彩。當然﹐在中國交通規則隻是一個擺設﹐因此騎車有風 險﹐上路需謹慎。話雖如此﹐當你快速穿行充滿急駛急停的汽車、自行車及無數橫穿 馬路老太太的擁擠城市道路時﹐沒有什麼比這種感覺更爽的了。購物方面﹐如果你會 砍價﹐你可以明顯的低價買到生活必須的衣服、食品和電器等﹐這樣雖然你薪水拿的 比美國低﹐但是生活還是很滋潤的。 第三﹐機會。在中國參加各種活動的機會比美國容易多了。比如﹐我父親在這裡的國 際診所工作﹐通過工作認識了一位正在為一位中國的燒傷患者做恢復性手續加拿大的 整形醫生﹐他需要幫忙建立一個恢復中心。在和這位加拿大醫生交談幾句後﹐我父親 就得以創建一個基於在康復過程中患者減輕疼痛研究項目。哪還有什麼地方容易得到 這樣創建項目的機會呢﹖ Finally, and most ironically, freedom. One would think that when living in the States, the land of liberty, one would have more individual freedom. Ironically, when living as an expat in China, your individual life becomes so much more open than it could be in the US. To clarify, let me give an example. When living here, if my family wanted food, we had two easy and cheap options. We could head to a near by noodle shop and spend eight dollars feeding six people, or we could walk to the nearby market and buy the necessary ingredients to whip up a delicious homemade meal. This freedom of lifestyle is not always seen in the States, where price dictates much of life. In the US, living on little pay can trap one’s choices to fewer food and lifestyle options. In China, a small salary doesn’t possess nearly the same effect as it does in America, for in Chinese cities everything always seems to be nearby and cheap. An expat living here is rarely trapped in an unwanted lifestyle, but rather always has the freedom to choose how to live.Some people reading this may think that I have skipped over important aspects of China such as culture, language, people, etc. However, after taking a trip to Beijing or Kunming, you will see that, in all reality, the aspects mentioned above consistently have great impact on life in this country, making living in China more advantageous to living in the US in multiple ways. 最後﹐也是最諷刺的是﹐自由。也許有人會認為生活美國──這個自由之邦﹐人們將 有更多的個人自由。諷刺的是﹐作為生活在中國的外籍人士﹐你的個人生活比在美國 更開放。為了澄清﹐我舉個例子。生活在這裡﹐如果我們一家想要吃飯﹐我們有兩個 既容易又實惠的選擇。我們可以到附近的面館花上8刀﹐就可以喂飽六個人。或者我 們可以步行到附近的市場購買一些食材﹐自己做頓美味的家常飯。這種自由的生活方 式在美國並不常見﹐因為那裡物價決定了你的生活(選擇)。在美國﹐低薪水會減少 你的食物和生活方式選擇。在中國﹐低薪水不會像在美國一樣舉步維艱﹐因為在中國 城市的一切東西都好像都在附近也很便宜。外籍人士住在這裡很少會過著不想要的生 活方式﹐而是始終自由地選擇如何生活。 有些人讀到這可能會認為我忽略了中國的重要方面﹐如文化﹐語言﹐人物﹐等等。然 而﹐到了北京或昆明後﹐你會發現事實上我所提及的各方面對生活持續產生重大影響 ﹐使生活在中國很多方面比美國更有優勢。 Joanie Wang 讚(36) Instead of repeating some of the things others have said, I’ll add something that I really didn’t notice until I came back to the US. Freedom is an amazing luxury in China. Not related to Facebook or internet or the government, but you, as an individual, have the freedom to do almost anything you want to do. The idea of total freedom when living abroad is different from the freedom you get once you move out of your parents’ house . You have the freedom to reinvent yourself, to hang out with a ton of people at the hottest party or to sit on the couch on a Friday night with a cup of tea without feeling bad that you’re not partying it up like everyone else. When I lived abroad on my own, it was me and my coworkers. Sure, I made friends with other expats and locals alike, but I didn’t feel obligated to hang out with so-and-so, and I could choose exactly what I wanted to do, every day with no strings attached and with no worries about how that would affect my friendships with said so-and-so. I was lucky that the place I worked at was filled with people who had similar interests and hobbies , and I could choose to go on a hike with them, or not. More China-specific, as a (foreign) expat, I’ve seen so many people find and create opportunities for themselves that they never would have had if they were back in the States. A friend of mine who decided not to go to college went from playing drums as a hobby to pitching CCTV a show about music and different drumming techniques from China’s variety of ethnic cultures . Even as an Asian American, I was able to work as a writer and editor for some local magazines, and was given a ton of responsibilities I never would have had as an intern at a magazine in the US.Freedom also means being able to wander the streets as a female without having to worry about crime – China is one of the safest places I’ve ever been, and I’ve never felt I was in danger while there. 我不會重復樓上已經說過的事﹐我會添加一些直到我回到美國才意識到的事情。 在中國自由是一種不可思議的享受。無關非死不可或互聯網或政府﹐但是你﹐作為一 個個體的你﹐幾乎可以自由地做你想做的任何事情。在國外生活的自由與當你從父母 那裡搬出住時的那種自由不同。你有重塑自我的自由﹐在周五晚上﹐你可以與一群人 去人氣最旺的酒吧high﹐你也可以呆在家裡坐在沙發上品茶﹐無需因為沒有和其他人 出去狂歡而感覺不好。當我住在國外時﹐這裡隻有我自己和同事。當然﹐我也和其他 外國人及當地人交朋友﹐但我沒有義務和某某某一起出去玩﹐我可以選擇我想做的事 ﹐每天都無拘無束﹐也不用擔心因此影響某某某的友誼。我很幸運﹐我工作的地方有 很多共同興趣和愛好的人﹐我有自由選擇是否跟他們出去遠足。 更中國──準確的說﹐作為外國人﹐我見過很多人為他們自己發現或創造了無數的機 會﹐如果他們回到美國則是不可能的。我有一個愛好打鼓的朋友放棄上大學﹐而去參 加CCTV的一個關於中國的多種民族的音樂和不同的打鼓技巧節目。即使作為一個亞裔 美國人﹐我能一些當地雜志任作者和編輯工作﹐並給予我很多的職責﹐這些是我在美 國雜志社當實習生永遠不會有的。 自由也意味著作為一個女性能夠漫步在街頭而不必擔心犯罪──中國是我去過的最安 全的地方之一﹐我在那裡從來沒有覺得自己陷入險境。 Steven Grimm 讚(47)The Chinese food is much tastier and far more diverse . Any major Chinese city will have ample restaurants serving regional dishes from all over the country that you have to go out of your way to find in the USA if you can find them at all. Plus of course each area will have its own local specialties and a lot of street food few restaurants in the States bother to put on a menu. And none of it toned down to suit an American palate. (If this sounds like a joke answer, it isn’t. Food is one of the main things I look forward to when I go to China, even with the well-publicized and legitimate concerns about food safety there.) 中國菜更好吃和更為多樣化。在中國任何大城市都能品嘗到全國各地菜系﹐在美國跑 斷腿都難。另外﹐中國每個地區都會有很多本地的特色菜和街頭小吃﹐這些幾乎不會 出現美國餐館的菜單上。它們也不會被改良淡化﹐來迎合美國的口味。 (如果這聽起來像一個搞笑的答案﹐但實際上不是。美食是我去中國時最期待的事情 ﹐即使這裡食品安全存在的廣泛關注。 ) (譯者﹕irlu) (來源﹕http://www.ltaaa.com/wtfy/15166.html) (外文﹕http://www.quora.com/What-are-some-advantages-to-living-in-China- compared-to-living-in-the-US) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 111.43.129.157 ※ 文章網址: http://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Cross_Life/M.1418602691.A.132.html
A6: 那應該是握國人的觀點 12/16 00:03
A6: 外國人 12/16 00:03
saltlake: 其實 外國人在中國活得比在本國滋潤這檔子事 大清朝末年 12/16 19:08
saltlake: 就很普遍了 12/16 19:09
saltlake: 大清朝那會兒更爽 因為有領事裁判權 中國法管不到外國人 12/16 19:11
bobju: 嗯 之前經常聽到很多上海物價多貴多貴的傳言 不過我在上海 02/23 00:59
bobju: 比較舊的小區的菜市場周邊 還是可以用6塊rmb解決早餐: 包子 02/23 01:00
bobju: 1塊錢2個, 燒餅一個1塊錢; 比較新的小區跟比較舊的小區物價 02/23 01:01
bobju: 差很大! 至於是否跟物料來源成本有關? 就沒什麼研究了.好像 02/23 01:01
bobju: 愈便宜的東西愈有食安疑慮, 不過本文當中也沒有提到食安問 02/23 01:02
bobju: 題. 02/23 01:02
bobju: 喔, 看到最後一段發現到只點了一下食品安全 02/23 01:04