看板 Ecophilia 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 GreenParty 看板] 作者: huck (哈克說"huck已死") 看板: GreenParty 標題: [見解] [UNFCCC youth]COP15青年代表建言草稿 時間: Fri Dec 18 14:49:16 2009 [UNFCCC youth] IMPORTANT! High-Level Intervention Draft Hi UNFCCC youth. Draft text, which has been worked on by a number of people overnight is below. Then, below that, there is a second copy of the text with annotations/explanations. It is exactly 299 words, which if ready well, should take exactly 2 minutes, which is the amout of time we are allowed. Comments are welcome before 8:30am by reply-all (but ONLY if they do not make the text LONGER - this is already the maximum time limit that we are allowed). It has to be sent in to the secretariat by 9am. I'll also note that this is the third 'High Level' youth intervention that I have had the pleasure of seeing written in the last two years - Bali, Poznan and now Copenhagen. It is important that we do not overstate the value of these interventions and get too caught up in them. 2-minute speeches like this don't change the world too much. A little bit, yes, but not too much. So let's not get too worked up about it in the next 1.5 hours until we finalise it. ...... ...... DRAFT: Good afternoon my fellow human beings. My name is X, and in the year 2050 I will be X years old. I am proud to represent the International youth climate movement. Christina Ora, a 17 year old from the Solomon Islands, addressed the opening plenary last Monday. She said "I was born in 1992. You have been negotiating all my life. You cannot tell us that you need more time." We have worked the past two years promising to reach a conclusion in Copenhagen. Now it seems you will not get it done. This is unacceptable, you should be ashamed. The United Nations was created to solve humanitarian and social crises, but instead of standing united, you are now the Divided Nations. Humanity can and must do better. Mother Nature will not negotiate with us. You must set targets to get us back below 350parts per million. You must agree on fair and sufficient financing - 5-7% of GDP - to pay back the ecological debt to the most affected. We the Youth dream of a sustainable future shared by all humanity. There is wisdom in the people's hearts, and people are ingenious. We CAN solve this crisis - IF ONLY we choose to. We support those nations who don't want to sign a suicide pact. We call on all nations not to accept anything that does not guarantee survival and climate justice for all. There must be no decisions about us, without us.We refuse to have our futures sold and 'offset' by polluter lobbyists. The Youth believe that you care enough for the future of your children and grandchildren to sign a legally-binding, fair and ambitious, inspiring agreement which reflects "the fierce urgency of now". Rest assured that we will keep on working, and we will keep on pushing you harder and harder, until that necessary deal is sealed. ANNOTATED DRAFT: Good afternoon my fellow human beings. [Traditional way for a youth high-level intervention to begin, not 'ladies and gentlemen, delegates, blah blah blah] My name is X, and in the year 2050 I will be X years old. I am proud to represent the International youth climate movement. [Woo! Pride in the movement! And our '2050' messaging'] Christina Ora, a 17 year old from the Solomon Islands, addressed the opening plenary last Monday. She said "I was born in 1992. You have been negotiating all my life. You cannot tell us that you need more time." We have worked the past two years promising to reach a conclusion in Copenhagen. Now it seems you will not get it done. This is unacceptable, you should be ashamed. ['Climate shame' and 'you should be ashamed is the TckTckTck messaging in the event of COP failure, we should reinforce this. It's very quotable and media-friendly.] The United Nations was created to solve humanitarian and social crises, but instead of standing united, you are now the Divided Nations. Humanity can and must do better. Mother Nature will not negotiate with us. [United/Divided nations is a good frame.] You must set targets to get us back below 350parts per million. You must agree on fair and sufficient financing - 5-7% of GDP - to pay back the ecological debt to the most affected. [These asks are directly from the youth messaging agreed in spokescouncil last Sunday/Monday/Tuesday, just now in a condensed form.] We the Youth dream of a sustainable future shared by all humanity. There is wisdom in the people's hearts, and people are ingenious. We CAN solve this crisis - IF ONLY we choose to. [Importance of being affirmative and inspiring as youth] We support those nations who don't want to sign a suicide pact. We call on all nations not to accept anything that does not guarantee survival and climate justice for all. [Echoing the words from the Most Vulnerable Countries Forum in the Maldives, plus touching on 'survival is not negotiable' and 'justice is not negotiable' agreed messaging from spokescouncil a few days ago.] There must be no decisions about us, without us.[From agreed youth messaging.] We refuse to have our futures sold and 'offset' by polluter lobbyists. The Youth believe that you care enough for the future of your children and grandchildren to sign a legally-binding, fair and ambitious, inspiring agreement which reflects "the fierce urgency of now". [This phrase particularly good for an American crowd - both Martin Luther King Jr and Obama have used it] Rest assured that we will keep on working, and we will keep on pushing you harder and harder, until that necessary deal is sealed. [Ending on a light but truthful and powerful threat, not giving up, foreshadowing the future struggle!] -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Youth Participation to UNFCCC Process" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/unfccc_youth?hl=en. ※ 編輯: huck 來自: 218.169.73.120 (12/18 14:51) --  ╔╯═╗  ╦╦╦ ╬╬╯ ╰╦ ╬ ╬╬╗ ╦╰╬═  ╠╬═ ══   ╔══╗ ╔╬╬╗ ╬ ╩ ║ ╬>║< ╬═ ╔╗╔╗ ∕╚﹨﹨ ╠═ ╠═ ║ ╔╬╗ ╚╯ ╩ ╝  ╩═ ╚╝║╯   ╠═╗ ╚═╗╚══╝ ╠╬║    ╬╬║ ═╬ ╬ 國家研究院AcademyEarthAstroEcophilia環 ╯ 。 ╯ ╩╯ m3m3ρ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.169.73.120