看板 Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《Acction (SNAKE)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《Acction (SNAKE)》之銘言: : : 我目前用這本雜誌在學英文,也聽他的廣播練聽力。雜誌內容我必須先看過 : : 所有的單字才有辦法看的懂文章的大部分意思,但為了進階學習只能這樣做了。 : : 總不能一直停留在大家說英語雜誌.. : : however,我聽他的每日廣播時,其實只聽的懂約3成意思,難點的文章可能連 : : 3成都不到吧!! : : 就這樣聽約一星期了,但感覺還是沒有長進(我是先讀完全部文章才聽廣播的)。 : : 因此想請問要再聽下去嗎?這樣會不會沒用呢?我是否應該先聽大家說英語會比較好呢? : : 能給我建議嗎@@" : 先謝謝上面二位給的建議喔!!我會聽一個月看看有沒有改善的。 : 另外想請問關於使用字典的問題。 : 我一直都在使用無敵cd-56的電子字典,都是用裡面的英漢字典在查單字。 : 而在此版看到很多人說要學好英文就要用英英字典(用英英思考),也發現我的這台 : 電子字典裡有"牛津高階雙解"字典可以使用。但用字有些我看不懂,要再另外查。 : 而且因為是雙解,所以我會同時看到英英解釋跟中文解釋。 : 這樣好嗎?會不會看到中文解釋了就沒有使用英英字典的效果了呢? : 我有需要另外去買一本朗文英英字典來查嗎?還是用無敵的牛津高階雙解即可達到 : 我要的目的呢?? : ps:朗文英英字典用字會比我的無敵電子字典裡的"牛津高階雙解"字典還簡單嗎? : 謝謝喔!! Common English dictionaries are written for native English speakers(英語母語者) The explanations in them are usually concise and can be esoteric to English learners(英語學習者). Sandcastles are easily built, but they also get washed away easily. To build our English as solid as a pyramid, we shouldn't look elsewhere but English learner's dictionaries. An English learner's dictionary, as the name suggests, is a dictionary specially designed for English learners. Their explanations are simpler and their examples are easier to understand than common English dictionaries. Google the phrase "learners dictionary" and you will find a lot of them. I use Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary, Cambridge Dictionary Online, and Longman English Dictionary and I have only good things to say about them. Looking up new words in an English Dictionary and understanding its explanations in English are an integral part of natural language learning experience. The insistence on using a 英漢 Dictionary would only take that part of essential experience away and render this experience incomplete. The use of 英漢 Dictionaries should be kept to the absolute minimum,if at all. Because as surprising as it may sound, Chinese is NOT helping us at all. Using a swim ring to swim gives us a FEELING close to swimming. But that's face it, we must part with it if we truely want to know how to swim. Now, I've said it, I am ready for the stones. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.169.135.239
Acction:謝謝您的建議喔,我想您是建議我買紙本英英字典對吧^^" 03/22 10:11
chenzhishun1:i used to carry hard copies with me..they'reHEAVY 03/22 10:20
chenzhishun1:now i only use online dictionaries...it's FREE... 03/22 10:22
chenzhishun1:besides online dictionaries,GOOGLEis also aFriend 03/22 10:24
chenzhishun1:rather than buying a cd-56,how about buying a 03/22 10:24
chenzhishun1:used an EEE PC instead? 03/22 10:27
Acction:maybe you're right!but if i study english in internet, 03/22 11:30
Acction:i maybe go to play only.. 03/22 11:32
Acction:另外你後2行的意思我看不懂耶.. 03/22 11:37
Acction:是建議我用網路查字典方式取代紙本及無敵cd-56嗎? 03/22 11:38
chenzhishun1:yes ^^ 03/22 11:40
Acction:謝謝喔^^ 03/22 14:49