看板 FreeBSD 關於我們 聯絡資訊
FreeBSD 4.10 -STABLE freezes upon reboot. I have FreeBSD 4.10 -STABLE fully hang on the first and subsequent reboot after a default install on a HP Netserver E60 (dual processor ready but with a single PIII 550), with a HP NetRAID SCSI Controller (/dev/amrd). This happens with the GENERIC kernel. It has been working fine for the nearly four years with 4.3 through 4.10! I'm stunned! latest lines from the boot sequence: avail memory = 320806912 (313288K bytes) Preloaded elf kernel "kernel" at 0xc051d000. Preloaded userconfig_script "/boot/kernel.conf" at 0xc051da08. Pentium Pro MTRR support enabled md0: Malloc disk Using $PIR table, 11 entries at 0xc00fdf10 npx0: <math processor> on motherboard npx0: INT 16 interface pcib0: <Intel 82443BX (440 BX) host to PCI bridge> on motherboard pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0 agp0: <Intel 82443BX (440 BX) host to PCI bridge> mem 0-0xfffffff at device 0.0 on pci0 after that, the machine is frozen and has to be cold reset. So I have tried to reinstall 4.8, 4.9, 5.2.1 -RELEASE just to see the difference. The corresponding lines from 5.2.1 -RELEASE: pcib0: <Intel 82443BX (440 BX) host to PCI bridge> on motherboard pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0 pcib1: <Intel 82443BX (440 BX) PCI-PCI (AGP) bridge> at device 1.0 on pci0 pci1: <PCI bus> on pcib1 pci1: <ATI Mach64-GZ graphics accelerator> at 0.0 ..... everything normal after that The corresponding lines from 5.2.1 -RELEASE with verbose logging... Allocating GATT For Aperture Of Size 256mb Even PCI- instead of AGP it placed, cut down UDMA option and disable PnP options in BIOS, the problem encounter again. I have also thought that the problem is more likely to be whatever is supposed to be probed *after* the agp, but that memory range is definitely bogus. Is the FAQ below still true? " The problem is that the ATI Mach 64 uses address 2e8, and the fourth serial port does too. Due to a bug (feature?) in the sio.c driver it will touch this port even if you don`t have the fourth serial port, and even if you disable sio3 (the fourth port) which normally uses this address. 7.9. What`s the solution or workaround for this problem? Until the bug has been fixed, you can use this workaround: 1. Enter -c at the bootprompt. [the kernel goes into configuration mode] 2. Disable sio0, sio1, sio2 and sio3 (all of them). This way the sio driver doesn`t get activated -> no problems. 3. Type exit to continue booting. 7.10. The workaround works fine, but now I want to use my serial ports. You`ll have to build a new kernel with the following modification: in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sio.c find the one occurrence of the string 0x2e8 and remove that string and the preceding comma (keep the trailing comma). Now follow the normal procedure of building a new kernel. 7.11. Now everything runs great, except for X Window: my screen goed black or X Window runs but with all kinds of problems. Some newer ATI Mach 64 video cards (notably ATI Mach Xpression) do not run with the current version of XFree86. You can get a beta-version of a new X-server that works better, by looking at the XFree86 site <URL:http://www.xfree86.org> and following the links to the new beta release. Get the following files:..." help greatly appreciated! chinsan(former ID is called "Amsterdam") -- [email protected] -- 夫兵者不祥之器物或惡之故有道者不處君子居則貴左用兵則貴右兵者不祥之器非君子 之器不得已BLOG http://www.wretch.twbbs.org/blog 安西教練 我想寫日記 嗚嗚矣吉事尚左凶事尚右偏將軍居左上將軍居右言以喪禮處之殺人之眾以哀悲泣之戰勝以 喪禮處之道常無名樸雖小天下莫能臣侯王若能守之萬物將自賓天地相合以降甘露民莫 之令而自均始制有名名亦既有夫亦將知 210-66-63-97.adsl.dynamic.seed.net.tw