看板 GBR_Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 Tennis 看板] 作者: ouch (Soma) 看板: Tennis 標題: [news] Rusedski boosts '30-somethings' 時間: Mon Jul 11 11:15:57 2005 按:本賽事是ATP繼2003年聖荷西的決賽之後,首度出現全30歲級的"老將決賽" Rusedski也是今年第三位拿到ATP冠軍的30歲級選手. Rusedski boosts '30-somethings' From correspondents in New York 11jul05 BRITAIN's Greg Rusedski today became the third "30-something" winner on the ATP tour this year. Third seed Rusedski defeated American second seed Vince Spadea 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 6-4 to retain his Hall of Fame Championship at Newport, Rhode Island The 31-year-old joins 34-year-old Australian Wayne Arthurs (Scottsdale) and Denmark's Kenneth Carlsen, 32, (Memphis) as veteran title-winners this year. "It's the first time in my career I've ever defended a title, I'm just really pleased about that," said Rusedski, who surrendered only two points on his serve in the first set but struggled more in the second. Three double faults from the Briton helped Spadea earn a break in the third game, and the American broke again in the seventh. "I was serving so well the first set, and Vince played well from the back of the court. It got a little bit windy and I lost a little bit of rhythm. I had two double faults to lose the service game, which I think gave him confidence." In the third set, Spadea went ahead with a break in the seventh game, but Rusedski immediately broke back and broke again in the 10th. "When he broke me, I just had a feeling I could still get back in the match," said Rusedski. "I went for it a little more and things just worked out for me." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.203.34.44 ※ 編輯: ouch 來自: 203.203.34.44 (07/11 11:16) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.203.34.44