看板 GBR_Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Murray to work with legend Agassi http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5228782.stm Gilbert says Murray must become physically stronger Brad Gilbert has lined up practice sessions with tennis great Andre Agassi for his new charge Andy Murray in order to help the Scot's development. The coach says the teenager can learn by watching fitness fanatic Agassi at close quarters. "I would like Andy to practise a few times with Andre," said Gilbert, who has coached Agassi and Andy Roddick. "He will be able to see just how hard Andre works, even at 36. He still trains like an animal." Report: Gilbert sets Murray short-term goals Murray and Gilbert, whose salary is being partly paid by the Lawn Tennis Association, will work together for the first time this week at the Legg Mason Classic in Washington DC. The Scot, seeded eighth, has a bye in the first round and will face Ramon Delgado or Peter Luczak in round two. "I want to get Andy on court with Andre at Toronto or Cincinnati before Agassi retires at the end of the summer," said Gilbert. "Andy has had trouble with his fitness - that is the first thing we are going to address" Brad Gilbert He is also planning to hire a fitness coach to put "a stone of muscle" on the 19-year-old. "He is a friend of mine who has worked in basketball, football and tennis the past 20 years," Gilbert told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek. "Andy has had some trouble with his fitness and that is the first thing we are going to address. "We will be putting the emphasis on working hard. But we have to do it smart. "We need to get Andy a lot stronger, be more aggressive in his play." Gilbert aims to give Murray an intense pre-season build-up once the current campaign is over. "Maybe in December, when we have six weeks off ahead of Australian Open, is when we will really be working super hard," he added. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.233.240.149 ※ 編輯: nicholasJCF 來自: 125.233.240.149 (08/03 20:30)
yevvi:謝謝 08/09 02:38