看板 GBR_Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1400721.ece Henman takes Vegas gamble After months of inactivity, Tim Henman has chosen Las Vegas as the site to get his career back on track TIM HENMAN has never been interested in the riches on offer to those who gamble, but after four months of inactivity he has chosen Las Vegas as the site to get his career back on track. Henman, absent from the competitive arena since October, insists he will be ready to make his Davis Cup return for Great Britain against Holland in April, and will resume his career at the Tennis Channel Open, which begins next weekend. The former British No 1, forced to miss the Australian Open with knee problems, has given ammunition to those who believed his career might be over by announcing successive withdrawals from tournaments in Zagreb, Marseille and this week’s ABN Amro championships in Rotterdam, where he has reached the final three times. However, the 32-year-old was dismissive of such speculation. “I got back to play full-out sets on court last Monday and felt no reaction whatsoever with the knee,” he said. “I was set to head out to Rotterdam, but then I went down with the flu and was laid up in bed for three days. The injury is fine, but I took the view that it would have been foolish to try to return after so long with my basic fitness levels down after being bashed around by a virus. “I have taken a wild card into the Las Vegas tournament, which should provide excellent preparation for the year’s first Masters Series tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami. Not only is it on the same surface, but the opening rounds are played in a round-robin format, so I am guaranteed at least two matches. I admit I am not an advocate of staging tournaments in this way, but in this instance it suits me perfectly.” 加油!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- "I'm not trying to hide from Federer. The more we play, THE BETTER." -Ivan Ljubicic -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.225.207.233
lynn7117:Go~Henman~~ 02/23 23:49