看板 Henin 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1819 Henin Highlights Zurich Field October 14, 2007: ZURICH, Switzerland - The second Tier I event of this year's European indoor swing sees a stellar cast assemble in Northern Switzerland for the 24th staging of the Zurich Open. Six of the world's Top 10, including world No.1 Justine Henin, will be amongst the 28 players battling it out for the $1,340,000 event, in what guarantees to be a scintillating week's tennis. No.1 seed Henin was champion on her last visit to the Hallenstadion in 2003 and after triumphing in Stuttgart in her last Sony Ericsson WTA Tour outing, will enter the tournament in buoyant mood. The 25-year-old Belgian's championship run in southern Germany was one of eight title triumphs in 2007 - including Roland Garros and Flushing Meadows - form which has secured her position as year-end world No.1. Like her fellow top 4 seeds, Henin receives a first round bye and will get her campaign underway with a clash against either Vera Zvonareva or a qualifier. Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova is the No.2 seed in Zurich and after achieving back-to-back semifinal runs in her past two indoor events she is sure to be among the favorites to lift the prestigious title. The 22-year-old has been one of the season's most consistent performers, enjoying a title run in New Haven and five runner-up finishes – most notably at last month's US Open. These successes have propelled Kuznetsova to a career-high ranking of No.2 and after winning 16 of her last 19 matches, she will be confident of improving on the semifinal finish she recorded in Switzerland 12 months ago. Serbia's Jelena Jankovic is currently ranked No.3 in the world and after an early exit in Bangkok she will hope to return to winning ways at the Zurich Open. The 22-year-old from Belgrade has enjoyed a wonderful year to date, capturing four Tour titles and firmly establishing herself in the world's Top 5. Jankovic will be making her third visit to Switzerland's most populous city and as No.3 seed will be eager to better the second round defeats she suffered in 2005 and 2006. This year's field is certainly not lacking in star quality and consequently any number of players could emerge triumphant. The No.5 seed Ana Ivanovic has already captured one trophy during the indoor swing in Luxembourg and with her hard-hitting game she has every chance of repeating the trick this week. Another dangerous player comes in the form of No.6 seed Serena Williams, who finished runner-up in Moscow on Sunday. The final three seeds are last year's runner-up Daniela Hantuchova (No.7), two-time Grand Slam champion Amelie Mauresmo (No.8) and her fellow Frenchwoman Marion Bartoli (No.9). However, with such a high-calibre line-up, even the unseeded players such as Moscow champion Elena Dementieva and the recent losing finalist in Stuttgart, Tatiana Golovin, have the quality to lift the title come Sunday. Unfortunately for the Swiss spectators 2006 champion Maria Sharapova will not be able to defend her title after her long-standing right-shoulder injury ruled the young Russian out of the tournament. "It's very frustrating not to be able to play at the level I would like at the moment. I tried my best in Moscow, but my shoulder still isn't 100% and as an athlete these types of situations are very challenging to deal with. I would still love to be able to compete at the Sony Ericsson Championships in Madrid, but I have to be realistic and don't want to do further damage. I've had a lot of success in Zurich in the past and I hope to be back next year." Other players to have held aloft the prestigious trophy in the past include Lindsay Davenport (1997, 1998, 2001, 2005), Venus Williams (1999), Jana Novotna (1996) and Steffi Graf (1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992). The 2007 champion will receive a cheque for $182,000 and the losing finalist pockets $97,800. -- 對前四種子都講了今年的狀況 @@ 看來juju還是非常被看好~~ 莎娃因為肩傷依舊無法出賽~~~ 其實我覺得juju的籤表算很好的啦 (小聲~~) 其實好好打應該會在semis碰到jj 然後就如往例地把她打掉吧 XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.129.62.12
pliuo321:我也覺得籤表....不錯.....XD 10/15 00:33
football:只要juju不受傷,我都很有信心! 10/15 01:13