看板 IA 關於我們 聯絡資訊
[中文版] Remarks by President Bush and Senator Kerry in First 2004 Presidential Debate 2004年布希總統與參議員凱瑞的首場總統大選辯論 Convocation Center University of Miami Coral Gables, Florida 9:02 P.M. EDT MODERATOR: Good evening, from the University of Miami Convocation Center in Coral Gables, Florida. I'm Jim Lehrer, of the News Hour, on PBS. And I welcome you to the first of the 2004 Presidential Debates between President George W. Bush, the Republican nominee, and Senator John Kerry, the Democratic nominee. 主持人: 晚安,這裡是佛羅里達州邁阿密大學柯拉蓋柏會議中心。我是公共電視網的 吉姆立爾。歡迎你收看2004年首場總統辯論會,共和黨提名人喬治.W.布希 總統,民主黨提名人約翰凱瑞參議員。 These debates are sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates. Tonight's will last 90 minutes, following detailed rules of engagement worked out by representatives of the candidates. I have agreed to enforce their rules on them. The umbrella topic is foreign policy and homeland security. But the specific subjects were chosen by me; the questions were composed by me. The candidates have not been told what they are, nor has anyone else. 辯論會皆由總統選舉委員會主辦,今晚將會持續進行90分鐘,以下詳細的辯論規則是 由候選人的代表制定出來的,我贊成強硬執行規則。辯論主題是外交政策與國家安全 ,但明確具體的題目則由我選擇,我會決定提問的問題。候選人事前完全不知情,其 他人亦同。 For each question, there can only be a two-minute response, a 90-second rebuttal, and at my discretion, a discussion extension of one minute. A green light will come on when 30 seconds remain in any given answer; yellow at 15; red at 5 seconds; and then flashing red means time is up. There is also a backup buzzer system if needed. Candidates may not direct a question to each other. There will be two-minute closing statements, but no opening statements. 候選人對每一個問題只有兩分鐘回應,90秒抗辯,並且我可以決定該題目討論時間是 否延長一分鐘。當回答時間剩下30秒鐘時,會出現綠燈;時間剩下15秒時,你將會見 到黃燈;剩下5秒則是紅燈;閃紅燈表示時間到了。我們也準備了會議鈴已備需要。 候選人不能直接向對方提問,兩位都有兩分鐘結辯陳述,但不需要開場陳述。 There is an audience here in the hall, but they will remain absolutely silent for the next 90 minutes -- except for now, when they join me in welcoming President Bush and Senator Kerry. (Applause.) 現場有觀眾朋友,而接下來的90分鐘他們將會保持絕對的安靜,除了現在他們要跟我 一起歡迎布希總統與參議員凱瑞。(鼓掌聲) Good evening, Mr. President; Senator Kerry. 晚安,總統先生(以下簡稱布希);參議員凱瑞(以下簡稱凱瑞) As determined by a coin toss, the first question goes to you, Senator Kerry. You have two minutes. 如擲銅板決定的,第一個問題將由你回答,凱瑞,你有兩分鐘。 Do you believe you could do a better job than President Bush in preventing another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States? 你相信你在防止像911這樣對美國的恐怖攻擊上會做的比布希更好嗎? SENATOR KERRY: Yes, I do. But before I answer further, let me thank you for moderating. I want to thank the University of Miami for hosting us. And I know the President will join me in welcoming all of Florida to this debate. You've been through the roughest weeks anybody could imagine. Our hearts go out to you, and we admire your pluck and perseverance. 凱瑞:是的。但在我回答之前,讓我謝謝你的主持。我想謝謝邁阿密大學對我們的接 待。我也知道布希會和我一起歡迎所有來參加這次辯論的佛羅里達人民。你們 經過了比任何想像更艱難的一周。我們的心與你們同在,而且我們也讚許你們 的決心和毅力。 I can make America safer than President Bush has made us. And I believe President Bush and I both love our country equally, but we just have a different set of convictions about how you make America safe. I believe America is safest and strongest when we are leading the world and when we are leading strong alliances. 凱瑞:我可以讓美國變的比布希給我們的更好。我也相信布希和我都一樣愛我們的國 家,但我們有不一樣的一套說法關於如何讓美國安全。我相信在我們領導這個 世界及我們的盟友時,美國是最安全也最強的國家。 I'll never give a veto to any country over our security, but I also know how to lead those alliances. This President has left them in shatters across the globe. And we're now 90 percent of the casualties in Iraq, and 90 percent of the costs. I think that's wrong, and I think we can do better. 凱瑞: 我決不會因為國家安全的考量而杯葛任何國家的意見,但我同樣地知道如何領 導這些盟邦。我們的總統讓原本屬於美國的盟邦分崩離析。美國現在面對的情 是,駐伊拉克的多國部隊中,百分之九十的傷兵是美國人,美國負擔了百分之 九十的軍事費用。我認為那是不對的,並且,我認為我們可以做得更好。 I have a better plan for homeland security. I have a better plan to be able to fight the war on terror: by strengthening our military, strengthening our intelligence; by going after the financing more authoritatively; by doing what we need to do to rebuild the alliances; by reaching out to the Muslim world, which the President has almost not done; and beginning to isolate the radical Islamic Muslims, not have them isolate the United States of America. 凱瑞: 我對國家安全有更好的規劃。我對恐怖主義這場戰爭有更適當的方案: 強化我괊 的軍隊和情報工作;更可靠地籌措資金;盡力重建盟邦關係;對回教世界伸出 援手,以上這些都是我們的布希總統幾乎不去做的;我們要開始孤立激進派伊 斯蘭教徒,而不是讓他們孤立美國。 I know I can do a better job in Iraq, where I have a plan to have a summit with all of the allies, something this President has not yet achieved, not yet been able to do to bring people to the table. We can do a better job of training the Iraqi forces to defend themselves. And I know that we can do a better job of preparing for elections. All of these, and especially homeland security, which we'll talk about a little bit later. 凱瑞: 我知道我可以在伊拉克這個議題上做的更好,我打算與我們所有的盟邦進行高 峰會議,這些事情都是我們的布希總統還沒達到的,他無法帶人民上談判桌。 我們可以將伊拉克軍隊訓練得更好,使他們有能力保衛自己。同時我知道,我 們可以為當選作準備。以上這些,尤其是國家安全,我們稍後再談。 MODERATOR: Mr. President, you have a 90-second rebut. 主持人:布希,你有90秒反駁。 PRESIDENT BUSH: I, too, thank the University of Miami and say our prayers are with the good people of this state who've suffered a lot. 布希:是的,我也謝謝邁阿密州大,同時我也將我們的祈禱給這些人很好,但也經歷 過很多折磨的州民。 September the 11th changed how America must look at the world. And since that day our nation has been on a multi-pronged strategy to keep our country safer. We've pursued Al Qaeda wherever Al Qaeda tries to hide; 75 percent of known Al Qaeda leaders have been brought to justice. The rest of them know we're after them. 布希: 911改變了美國看世界的角度。而且自從那天之後,我們的國家就採取多方面的 策略讓我們的國家更安全。我們追捕躲在任何地方的蓋達組織;75%的蓋達組織 領導者都已被帶往正義的審判。其他的也知道我們正在追捕他們。 We've upheld the doctrine that said, if you harbor a terrorist, you're equally as guilty as the terrorist. And the Taliban, no longer in power; 10 million people have registered to vote in Afghanistan in the upcoming presidential election. 布希: 我們信奉的教條說道,如果你包庇恐怖份子,你就跟他一樣有罪。而且塔里班 也不再像以前一樣有力量;1億人登記要對阿富汗將要來到的總統選舉進行投票。 In Iraq, we saw a threat and we realized that after September the 11th, we must take threats seriously before they fully materialize. Saddam Hussein now sits in a prison cell; America and the world are safer for it. 布希: 在伊拉克,我們看到了威脅,而且我們了解在911之後,我們必需在他們成功執 行之前,就認真的看待它。海珊現在坐在一個小牢屋裡,美國和這個世界都因此 變的安全。 We continue to pursue our policy of disrupting those who proliferate weapons of mass destruction. Libya has disarmed. The A.Q. Khan network has been brought to justice. And, as well, we're pursuing a strategy of -- of freedom around the world, because I understand free nations will reject terror; free nations will answer the hopes and aspirations of their people; free nations will help us achieve the peace we all want. 布希: 我們繼續執行「粉碎那些擁有大量毀滅性武器的團體」這個政策。利比亞已經解 除了武裝。蓋達組織的網絡也交給了正義的審判。同時,我們也追求一個讓世界 自由的政策,因為我了解自由的國家會抗拒恐怖主義;自由的國家會回應他們人 民的希望和期待;自由國家會幫助我們去達成我們想要的和平。 MODERATOR: New question, Mr. President, two minutes. Do you believe the election of Senator Kerry on November the 2nd would increase the chances of the U.S. being hit by another 9/11-type terrorist attack? PRESIDENT BUSH: I don't believe it's going to happen. I believe I'm going to win because the American people know I know how to lead. I've shown the American people I know how to lead. I have -- I understand everybody in this country doesn't agree with the decisions I made. And I made some tough decisions. But people know where I stand. People out there listening know what I believe, and that's how best it is to keep the peace. This nation of ours has got a solemn duty to defeat this ideology of hate, and that's what they are. This is a group of killers who will not only kill here, but kill children in Russia; that will attack unmercifully in Iraq hoping to shape our will. We have a duty to defeat this enemy. We have a duty to protect our children and grandchildren. The best way to defeat them is to never waver, to be strong, to use every asset at our disposal, is to constantly stay on the offensive, and at the same time, spread liberty. And that's what people are seeing now is happening in Afghanistan. Ten million citizens have registered to vote. It's a phenomenal statistic, t hat if given a chance to be free, they will show up at the polls. Forty-one percent of those 10 million are women. In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard. You know why? Because an enemy realizes the stakes. The enemy understands a free Iraq will be a major defeat in their ideology of hatred. That's why they're fighting so vociferously. They showed up in Afghanistan when they were there because they tried to beat us, and they didn't. And they're showing in Iraq for the same reason. They're trying to defeat us. And if we lose our will, we lose. But if we remain strong and resolute, we will defeat this enemy. (這段我包了 不過要遲一些些時候) (英文不好,請直接修改) 翻譯: dearnatacha strwind dearnatacha strwind dearnatacha -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.229.0.221
AshwinMadia:幹你娘 11/12 19:29
JulioLugo:以上鬧版者為本人分身,本人在此道歉 並不再出現 12/05 23:06
JulioLugo:以上鬧版者為本人分身,本人在此道歉 並不再出現 12/05 23:06