看板 Immigration 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※本篇新聞來自Associated Press 2006/03/2007 Aircraft carrier making final voyage Jesse Harlan Alderman Associated Press March 3, 2007 BOSTON – Three hundred immigrants from 79 countries took the U.S. oath of citizenship Friday in an aircraft hangar during the USS John F. Kennedy's final call in the port of Boston, including seven of its crew members. The event was the highlight of the second day of the warship's return to the 35th president's home state for a five-day farewell visit. It goes out of service later this month. "This is just a great opportunity we had as the ship was decommissioning. Not everybody gets to do it like this," said Electrician's Mate Pamela Leach, who came to the United States from Arima on the island of Trinidad and has served 12 years in the Navy. "We feel special to do this on her last journey and to serve as her last crew." Later in March, the ship is scheduled to reach its final port of call in Mayport, Fla., for decommissioning. It will be maintained in Philadelphia. The "Big John," with a crew of about 4,600, is more than 1,050 feet long, and can carry 70 combat aircraft. It was christened in May 1967 by the president's then-9-year-old daughter, Caroline, and entered Navy service in September 1968. One of two remaining fossil fuel-powered aircraft carriers in the Navy – the rest are nuclear powered – the ship supported Operation Desert Shield in 1990, and was deployed in February 2002 to the North Arabian Sea in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The Kennedy also traveled to New York harbor after the attacks of Sept. 11. Many said they were honored their legal ceremony also held historic importance. "This is like the movies when they say to be American, it's freedom and justice, and I think this is so cool," said Elva Chen, a computer programmer originally from Taipei, Taiwan. "When I read the (oath of) allegiance on this ship, I especially think about the part that says to take and bear arms for your country. It's really special." 來自79個國家的300名外國移民,在美國航空母艦「甘迺迪號」上,參加入籍宣誓儀式。 宣誓儀式中提到的外國移民包括艦上7名水兵,以及1名來自台灣的程式設計師陳小姐。 此行為甘迺迪號最後一次航行回波士頓後本月即將退役,所以航空母艦上舉行外國移民 入籍宣誓儀式,別具歷史意義。 來自台灣的程式設計師(Elva Chen)說:「就像常在電影看見的場面一樣,眾人宣誓 成為美國公民,這是代表自由和正義。我認為酷極了!當我在艦上宣讀誓詞,我尤其想 到要對你們國家肩負責任這段,真的蠻特別的。」 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.232.199.185
marathons:近年移民局常做公關挑特別意義地點宣誓. 69.226.215.6 03/05 09:35