看板 LeBronJames 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1RN-46-8 ] 作者: kart (=\) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] LBJ學校開幕日受訪全文(ESPN逐字稿) 時間: Tue Jul 31 12:09:40 2018 LBJ的I PROMISE學校今日開幕, 而也是LBJ簽約湖人後第一次公開接受媒體訪問。 訪談中談到很多事情,包括為啥要開學校,和加入湖人的原因 原文很長如下,以貼近原文原意為標準大意翻 https://goo.gl/UJK1ef LeBron James opens up on his new school, the Lakers and life's challenges LBJ受訪闡述他的新學校,湖人和生活挑戰。 AKRON, Ohio -- In his first interview since joining the Los Angeles Lakers, LeBron James sat down with ESPN's Rachel Nichols to talk about the opening of his foundation's I Promise School in Akron, his move to Hollywood and what it's like watching his son, LeBron James Jr., follow in his footsteps as a young basketball star. LBJ加入湖人後第一次公開受訪。跟以往相同,LBJ再次接受 ESPN的Rachel Nichol的一對一受訪並且談論在他的基金會名下 成立的I Promise小學,他為何搬去好萊屋和看著他小孩跟著他 的腳步展現籃球方面才華等多方面的對答。 Here is a transcript, edited for length, from the interview. 這邊就是訪談逐字稿如下。 Rachel Nichols: So someone in the hallway was just saying that this is your first interview since you joined the Lakers. And I have to be honest, it caught my ear: Lakers forward LeBron James. What do you think when you hear that? Rachel Nichols (以下簡稱RN): 所以剛剛某人跟我說這是你加入湖人 後第一次公開受訪。我必須承認:聽到別人說「湖人前鋒」LeBron James 這句話很奇怪。你覺得呢? LeBron James: It still sounds kinda weird. But it definitely feels good, it feels good. And I'm looking forward to it. LeBron James (以下簡稱LJ): 這還是聽起來怪怪的。但是這感覺很好, 感覺很棒。而我很期待在湖人的一切。 RN: We're sitting here in this school you're opening in Akron, Ohio. You've talked about how much Ohio means to you, how much Cleveland, the Cavaliers have meant to you. How tough a call was it? RN: 我們今天坐在這,這個你開在阿克隆市的學校裡。你談論過 很多次俄亥厄州對你的意義,包括克城和騎士隊對你的意義。 這個決定有多困難呢? LJ: It's kind of a bittersweet moment right now. Sitting here in my school that I'm opening, around these kids, around this community. And then at the same time, making the switch to the other coast, being a part of the Lakers now. It's always a tough decision when you leave home or you leave an organization that you've been with for multiple years. It was tough to leave the first time. When I left Miami, leaving Cleveland once again, definitely tough. But you know, it's a decision that was best for me and my family. I think both sides feel great and appreciative of the moments and the time that we have spent together. LJ:現在這個時刻的確是有點苦樂參半。坐在這個我剛開幕的學校, 跟這些小朋友再一起,在這個社區裡。但是同時間,我也作出了 到西岸打球的決定,而成為湖人的一部分。做任何離開家的決定時 都是很艱難的。當離開任何一個你成效力過好幾年的球隊時也是 困難的。當我離開邁阿密時,再一次離開克城,這絕對是困難的。 但是你也知道,這個決定對我的家人和對我而言都是最好的。 我認為兩造都感覺不錯並且感激兩邊曾經在一起的時刻。 RN: You announced it quicker this time than you have with your free agency moves in the past. Is that reflective of the fact that you've kind of reached that peace and decision quickly? RN: 你這次決定比以往兩次都快。這跟你本身已經進入一個 能夠淡定看待一切的境界有關嗎? LJ: Absolutely. I'm at a point where I know what I want, what I like, and my family played a huge part in that. So no need for the dramatics of the drawn-out conclusion of things. Just get right to it. LJ: 絕對的。我現在知道我要的是什麼,我喜歡的是什麼。而我的家庭 在這次決定裡也佔了很大的因素。所以我不需要在很多已經有結論的事情 上再去製造太多漣漪。一旦已經想清楚,那就馬上去做。 RN: So we're sitting here in this school. This is a co-production between your foundation and the Akron Public School District. A public school ... RN: 所以我們現在坐在這所學校裡。這是在你的基金會和阿克隆市公立學校 部門運作下的共同產物。是個公立學校..... LJ: Public school. LJ: 公立學校。 RN: ... for at-risk kids. You're a guy who has won three NBA titles, four MVPs, and yet you will tell anyone who listens that opening this school today is a greater moment than any of those -- and I got tape of you in Game 7 in the NBA Finals. Do you mean it? RN: ...為了那些生活艱難的小朋友們。你是一個已經有三次冠軍,四個 MVP的NBA球員。但是你卻跟很多人說今天能開幕這所學校是比之前那些 所有的成就都還更偉大的成就 -- 我可是還握有你在Game7贏得總冠時 的錄影帶呢。你是真的這樣想? LJ: I do. I do mean it. I can sit here and be at a loss for words, which I am now. This is my first time here, walking these hallways and seeing, when I was driving here, just the streets that I walked, some of the stores are still up when I was growing up. It's a moment I'll never forget and hopefully the kids, starting with the 240 kids that we have going in here right now starting today, will never forget it either. LJ: 我真的這樣想。我真的這樣認為。事實上我今天很可以就坐在這 而感動到無話可說,而我現在真的有這種感動。這是我第一次來這裡, 走過這些走廊。當我開車來此時,我看到那些我曾經走過的街道, 有些商店在我成長過程中就存在著。這個時刻我永遠不會忘記。 我也希望對孩子來說,一開始,現在此刻會有240個小朋友入學, 也一樣不會忘記這個時刻。 "We literally have a school. It's not a charter school, it's not a private school, it's a real-life school in my hometown. And this is pretty cool." LeBron James RN: So much of the features of this school were built around your experience and what you would have wanted or what you would have needed when you were that age. So tell me what it was like to be one of those kids. What did you walk around thinking was possible or what was not possible? 「我們有了一間學校。這不是那種實驗學校(Charter school), 這不是一個私立小學。這是一個真實存在的小學,就在我的家鄉。 而這真的太酷了。」 RN: 很多這間學校的特色都是圍繞在你自身的經驗:當你還只有三四年級 時所需要的東西或是希望能得到的東西。 所以你能告訴我身處當時那樣一個環境時是什麼感受? 你當時認為什麼是可能的,什麼是不可能的? LJ: You didn't know what was possible for you because you kind of always paid attention to the statistics. Growing up in the inner city, the numbers are always stacked up against you. So you didn't really know what was possible. I think what happened for me was that I got some mentors and little league coaches and some teachers that I kind of started to believe in. And they started to make my dreams feel like they could actually become a reality. LJ: 當處於當時的環境時,你根本不知道什麼是可能的。因為當下你很難 去忽略那些數據顯示出來的東西。在內城長大,數字顯示出來的總是跟你 所希望獲得的相反。所以在那種時候你真的不知道什麼是可能的。 我想對我而言很幸運的是當時我獲得一些好的導師和小聯盟的教頭 還有一些老師的幫忙,讓我開始去相信真的是有未來的。而他們讓我 感到我的夢想或許真的有一天能成真。 We're starting with 240 kids, 120 in third grade and 120 in fourth grade. And I believe that's where it all kind of starts. And that's where it started for me. You know, fourth grade I missed 80 days of school. That following year I met the Walker family, and they had a support system. I met some little league coaches playing basketball and football and the following year I didn't miss one day of school. So I feel like this is the point where we can kind of get into the minds of the kids and let them know that we're here for them. And I think that's what kids ultimately want, they just want someone to feel like someone cares about them. And that's what we're trying to do here. 我們一開始有240個孩子。120個三年級生,120個四年級生。 因為我認為在這個年紀就是個關鍵的年紀。這就是我開始意識到 夢想有可能成真的年紀。 你知道嗎?四年級的時候我因為家庭生活困頓而缺課了80天。 而下一年我遇到了Walker一家,而他們提供了依靠。 我也遇到一些小聯盟的教練教我如何打籃球和美式足球,在這些人的幫忙 下我在五年級的時候得以沒有缺任何一堂課。所以我認為這些就是 我們能夠幫忙現在這些小朋友的地方:讓他們知道我們是他們可以依靠 的對象。而我也認為很多時候這就是小朋友最想要的,他們想要知道 總有一些人能關心他們。這就是我們試著想要在這做到的。 RN: When people hear that number, I'm not sure they can feel what that was like. First of all, I have to say that 80-plus days of school -- the school year only has about 180 days. So that's one thing. But that was the year that you and your mom didn't have a permanent home. You were moving from place to place, you had people helping you out, with a place to sleep, with food. What was that actually like for a kid? RN: 當人們聽到這個數字時,我不知道他們知不知道這代表的意義。 第一,我必須說缺課八十天真的難以想像,畢竟一個學年度也差不多 就只有180多天。所以這是一件事。但是就是那一年,你和你媽媽 生活困頓到沒有一個家可以回。你必須每晚在不同的地方度過, 你當然也有不少人幫你,提供住宿,提供食物。在當時那種環境下, 對一個孩子而言的真實感受為何? LJ: It was challenging. It was mentally challenging. Sometimes you think about a kid being in the third grade at that age -- being 8, 7 years old or in the fourth grade -- having responsibility. Or having stress. No kid at 8 and 9 should have stress. And I was one of those kids. So I know exactly what these kids today are going through. I was going to a school on the other side of town, but I was living with a family on the complete opposite side of town. So there was no way that I could even get to the school to even participate. You know, we didn't have a car, the city bus didn't come to where I was living. But any time I would show up to school, it was weird, the teachers would always tell my mom that when he shows up, he's one of the best students that we have. We just hope that he can show up more. And we just couldn't do it at that point in time. So I know exactly what a lot of these kids are going through. LJ: 這是很具有挑戰性的。尤其這在你的心智上更挑戰。有時候你 必須要在只有7-8歲,就是三四年級的時候開始有責任感。或是有 很大的壓力。沒有任何一個8,9歲的孩子應該感受到壓力。而我就是 這些有壓力的孩子。 所以我非常明白的知道今天這些孩子所 經歷的是什麼。我當時的學校在我所處城鎮的另一邊,而當時收留 我們的家庭卻是在完全相反的方向。所以對當時的我而言要去上課 甚至只是參與某些課程都是幾乎不可能的。你知道,我們沒有車, 而公家巴士的路徑也不到我們這邊來。但是只要有到學校的時候, 這很奇怪,老師們總是會跟我的媽媽說我是班上最好的學生之一。 我們希望你能讓LeBron多來上課。但是當時我們就是辦不到。 所以我非常明白這些小朋友在經歷什麼。 RN: You have said the line a lot, "Hey, I could have been a statistic." And you weren't because, as you said, you're good at basketball. That people who were around basketball took an interest in you and supported you. What do you think would have happened to you if you had been a few inches shorter? RN: 你說過這句話很多次「嘿,我大有可能只是又是個統計數據」 而你並不是,就像你說的,你籃球打得不錯。那些打籃球的人 注意到你的天賦並且開始幫助你。妳認為如果你長矮了幾寸, 事情會有何不同呢? LJ: You know what the thing is, a lot of people hear the story of, well, you were good at basketball so a lot of people helped you. I didn't start playing basketball until the fifth grade. I didn't play organized basketball until the fifth grade. I started getting help, you know, third and fourth grade. Going into fifth grade, that's when I met the Walker family and that was the first year that I played little league football. And I played little league football before basketball. And then the mentorship started there, from Frank Walker to Bruce Kelker, a guy by the name of Willie Earl. And then I met coach Dru Joyce and the list goes on and on. If it wasn't for meeting these families and meeting these people, then I would never have even gotten to a point where you guys know who I am today as the basketball player, but more importantly, the guy who's giving back to his community. I just give a lot of credit and a lot of thanks to my mentorship and to the people who were just there for me. LJ: 你知道事實是如何呢?很多人聽到這故事,都認為你有籃球天賦 所以你吸引了不少人願意伸出援手幫你。事實是我一直到五年級才開始 打籃球。我一直到五年級才開始打有組織性的籃球。而我是在我三四年 級時就得到這些幫助的。當我進入五年級時,我遇到了Walker一家, 而那也是我第一年開始去打小聯盟的美式足球。是的,我先打美足 更早於打籃球。而像是Frank Walker, Bruce Kelker這些人生導師 也一一出現在我的生活中。然後我遇到了Dru Joyce教練,這個名單 我可以一直講下去。如果我從來沒有遇到上面這些人,沒有得到他們 的幫助,那我根本沒有機會打籃球,也就不會是現在的我。 更重要的是,你也不會遇到現在能回饋給社區的我了。我只是把這些 都歸因於這些人生導師的幫忙,和那些在我困苦時站在我旁邊的人。 RN: Most kids don't have all those families, all those coaches, looking out for them. You decided pretty early that you were going to look out for the kids from Akron, even the ones who weren't good at sports. And your foundation has done tutoring and support and all kinds of shoulder programming. But how did you get to a school? Because we are sitting in an actual school. RN: 很多孩子都沒有這些家庭,這些教練去幫助他們。你很早就決定 你想要幫助這些阿克隆市的孩子,即使是那些體育項目也不突出的孩子。 而你的基金會一直以來做了很多教育和支援方面,或是任何能讓孩子們依靠 的項目。但是你是怎麼決定要去成立學校呢? 畢竟我們現在可是坐在一間實實在在存在的學校呢。 LJ: Yeah, how did we get to a school? That's what we're all trying to figure out. You were around when it was just a 5-mile bike ride. And I think it just shows growth, from me as a basketball player as well. From the bike-a-thon to who I am as a basketball player, and it shows the growth throughout our foundation and how we can continue to get better and better and better and kind of just, like, not having a ceiling. I don't have a ceiling to how much I can improve my game and we as a foundation don't have a ceiling on how much we can improve our community, to a point where we have a school. We literally have a school. It's not a charter school, it's not a private school, it's a real-life school in my hometown. And this is pretty cool. LJ: 是的,我們怎麼會決定立校呢?這件事我們花了一段時間才 釐清。Rachel你也在我當初那個5哩的騎腳踏車活動。而我認為 跟當時相比,現在的規模就是慢慢成長出來的。就像我如何成長 成今天的籃球員是一樣的。從騎腳踏車活動到我是怎樣的籃球員中, 我的基金會也漸漸在成長,漸漸了解我們能幫助的東西,並沒有 天花板的限制。我之前說過我不給自己的籃球技巧進步上有任何 天花板的限制,而同理我也認為我的基金會不該給如何讓社區進步 有任何天花板的限制。而直到現在,我們開始有了一間學校。 我們實在的成立了一間學校。不是什麼實驗小學,不是私立小學, 而是在我的家鄉的一間真實存在的學校。而這真的很酷。 RN: It's crazy. RN: 這真的太瘋狂了。 LJ: Yeah, it is. Absolutely. LJ: 是的,的確。絕對地。 RN: As I look around here, one thing that caught my eye just beyond all the academic stuff is that kids will go here for a longer school year and also longer school days. They're here until 5 o'clock, partly just so they're in this supported system and not out in the world as much. The other thing was food. That if a kid is hungry, it's hard to learn, so you guys are giving these kids breakfast, lunch and a snack. How important is that? RN: 當我在這邊看著,在眾多學校常見的東西中, 有一件事抓住了我的注意力: 這間學校比其他學校有著更長的學年度和更長的時數。 他們需要在學校裡待到五點鐘,因為這樣他們可以在這個環境中待更久, 而減少他們在外面世界相處的機會。 另一件事就是食物。如果孩子們感覺饑餓,那就會很難學習。 所以你們決定提供給孩子們早餐,午餐和點心。這有多重要呢? LJ: I think first of all, fueling the body keeps the mind sharp. I remember when I was a kid, my attention span -- I mean, you can have me for a little bit, but you have to keep me engaged. I think obviously fueling these kids and giving them food and breakfast and lunch and a snack -- but just keeping them here under our support, keeping them here under our guidance, giving them objectives and criteria that they can match and not feel stressed and feel like they're family. That's what we want to create. We want to create an environment of family and not like a workplace. Sometimes you can get tired. If you look at it like work, you kind of get tired of it. We want to create an environment of family, where you want to always be around your family no matter the good and the bad, you always want to be around that support system. So that's what we're creating here. LJ: 我認為第一點,吃飽飯才能讓你的精神更加集中。我記得當我 還是小孩的時候,我的注意力容易分散....我的意思是,你可以 得到我的一點注意力,但是你很難讓我維持著相同的注意力太久。 我認為能讓這些小朋友們吃飽-早餐,午餐和點心是很重要的。 但是同時這也讓他們能在學校系統中得到依靠,得到指導,並且 讓他們能得到生活重心去花精力,而同時間不用感到壓力, 並且感受到家庭溫暖。這就是我們想要創造的。我們想要創造 初一個像家庭般的環境,而不是一個工作環境。 有時候你會感到疲倦。如果你把這當成工作,那你很容易就感到厭倦。 我們想要創造家庭環境,一個孩子們喜歡來的地方,家庭不管是好是壞, 都是孩子們總是要回歸並且得到依靠的地方。 這就是我們想要製造的。 RN: Earlier this year you were instructed to "shut up and dribble." If you had listened to that, we would not be sitting in this school that 300 kids are getting the benefit of. But I want to backtrack because those comments came because you were critical of the president. And I wanted to know why, while you do things like this, it's also important for you to use your voice to stand up for kids like that -- even as high as criticizing the president of the United States? RN:還記得今年年初時你被嗆聲說「閉嘴去運你的球吧你」 如果你真的這樣做,那今天我們就不會坐在這個學校,而也少了 300個小朋友能從中獲益。不過我想要倒帶一下,你之所以被嗆聲, 是因為你對總統的一些評論。而我想知道為什麼,當你做像這樣的事情時, 對你而言同時也是很重要的去表達你對公共議題,尤其是關於孩子的 議題時的看法,即使有時候這種看法會必須到去批評美國總統的高度? LJ: Well, for me, I have a voice. I have a platform, and I have so many kids and -- not only kids but also adults that look for guidance and look for someone to lead them at a time when they feel like their voice isn't powerful. And when you see something that's unjust and you see something that's wrong and you see something that's trying to divide us as a race or as a country, then I feel like my voice can be heard and speak volumes. Especially coming from the point of sports. I live in sports. Without sports, we all wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be talking to you, Rach. You wouldn't be interviewing me. You know, sports, it stops race. Every race comes together to fight for one common goal, and that's to win and to have fun and to have camaraderie and things like that. And for someone or a body or parties to try to divide us by using our platform of sport -- sport has given me everything I could ever ask for -- I couldn't let that happen. By using my voice and letting the youth know and the people that need the guidance know that I care for them and that I'll be their voice, it's passionate for me because, like I said: Sports is just the ultimate to bring people together. That's what I'm here for. LJ: 嗯,對我而言,我是個有聲音的人。我有一個平台,而我有 太多的孩子,嗯,不只孩子還有成人們在尋找一個方向,尋找一個 能在某些時刻幫他們出聲的人。當你看到不公義的事,看到一些 錯誤的事情,看到一些試圖分裂族群分裂國家的事情時,我感覺到 我必須要幫這些人們發出聲音。尤其是從運動的角度出發時。 我生活在運動裡,沒有運動這件事,我們大家都不會坐在這。。 我並不會被你訪問,Rachel。你知道的,運動可以停止種族問題。 在運動裡所有的族群都結合在一起,去爭取一個共同的目標:贏球, 樂趣,得到夥伴,這些事情。而當有人,或是有政黨試圖用運動平台 達到分裂我們的目的時,別忘了運動是我能之所以成為我的原因, 我不能讓這些人的目的得逞。用我的聲音,讓年輕人知道,和 那些需要引領的人知道,我關心他們,我願意成為他們的聲音, 是一件很熱血的事,因為就像我說的: 運動是能讓所有人團結的一件事。而這就是我所想要代表的。 RN: Can we expect you to be as active going up to the next election like you were in the last one? RN: 所以說我們能期待你像上次選舉一樣,對下一次選舉也一樣 勇於發表自己的意見囉? LJ: I'm here. I already got my suit, my glasses. LJ: 我隨時準備好。我已經穿好我的西裝,帶好我的眼鏡了。 RN: We've had athletes run for office. This is sort of a public policy thing you're doing right here at the school. RN: 我們曾經有運動員參選。這有點像是你在學校做的事。 LJ: It is, but I may stick to coaching for a little bit -- AAU. Two tournaments, two national championships, so I'm feeling really good about my situation. LJ: 是的,不過我想我可能會想要再執教一陣子吧:AAU (註:LJ兒子最近參加的比賽聯盟,也證明他的確有教練職。) 兩次AAU大賽,兩個全國冠軍。所以我對我現在所處的境地感到舒服。 RN: Can I ask you about your other job, the whole basketball player thing? You've made a huge change, and you've talked about the weight and idea of helping this historic Lakers franchise -- and you looked up to big names like the Lakers, the Cowboys, the Yankees and stuff as a kid -- bringing that franchise back up to championship level is an exciting goal for you. I want to know why you picked that over going to a team that's closer to winning a championship now, because those are two different things. RN: 好了,我們能談論一下你的另一份工作嗎?那個關於籃球員的東東? 你剛做了一個重大的改變,而你也談到過幫助湖人重返榮耀的重量。 當你看著這些有著豐富歷史的球隊,湖人,牛仔,洋基長大時, 幫湖人回到奪冠行列是一個非常令人興奮的目標。 我想要知道為什麼你選擇湖人,而不是選擇一隻離冠軍更近的球隊? 畢竟這是兩件不同的事啊... LJ: I definitely thought long and hard about the possibilities of lining up alongside Ben [Simmons] and [Joel] Embiid, or lining up alongside [James] Harden and Chris [Paul]. I just felt like at this point in my career, the ultimate for me -- just like when I went to Miami, everyone kind of looks at me joining a superteam, but if people look at it, I think Miami was [47-35] the year before I joined that team and you can look at the Lakers' record -- so I like the challenge of being able to help a team get to some place they haven't been in quite a while. Obviously, the Lakers haven't made the playoffs in a few years, but the Lakers organization and the historical franchise matches up there with all the greats -- you can look at the Cowboys, and you can look at the Patriots, you can look at Manchester United, the Boston Celtics -- these are historical franchises and for me to be a part of that, I think it's a great moment for not only me but for my family and for the history of basketball in general. LJ: 我的確花了很長的時間去思考加盟西門和鉛筆,或是哈登和CP3。 我只是覺得在生涯的這個時候,對我而言最重要的是:就像是我加入 熱火時,人們好像都覺得我是加入了一隻超級球隊。但是如果人們 看仔細,熱火在我加盟前是47-35。而現在湖人的紀錄亦然。 所以我總是很喜歡挑戰,幫助一支球隊去達到他們很久沒有達到的高度。 很明顯的,湖人已經有幾年沒打季後賽了,但是湖人的管理階層 和他們的歷史,跟所有偉大的球隊一樣。你可以看看牛仔隊, 愛國者,曼徹斯特,和賽爾提克隊這些歷史強隊。而我現在能去 加入這樣一支球隊,這不只對我,而對我的家庭和整個籃球界而言, 都是一件很不錯的事。 RN: When you look at that roster, though, you're the only All-Star on there. You could have told the Lakers, "Hey I'd be willing to come, but please do what it takes to get Kawhi Leonard here too." Why didn't you want to do that? RN: 然而當你去看球員名單的時候,你會是唯一的全明星。 你大可以當初跟湖人說「嘿,我願意來,不過請拜託搞來可愛口以嘛。」 你為啥選擇不去這樣做? LJ: Because I love the young guys that they have, and I'm not trying to force my hand in no way, shape or form. I believe Rob [Pelinka] and Magic [Johnson] and Jeanie [Buss] have done an unbelievable job of reshaping what the organization should be, keeping Dr. Buss' dreams and what he was all about, to keep that going. I feel like they know what's best for the team and I wanted to be a piece to continue that motion of being back to a championship franchise where they should be. LJ: 因為我喜歡他們有的年輕人,而我也不想去干擾球隊的運作。 我相信Rob和魔術還有Jeanie Buss,他們做了很不容易的事去重新 塑造這支球隊,讓老Buss的夢想有一天能成真。 我認為他們知道什麼是對球隊最好的,而我只想要去做好讓湖人 能重返冠軍球隊的拼圖之一。 RN: There is one guy who could have come with you: Paul George. What were your conversations with him before he decided to stay with the Thunder? RN: 有一個傢伙本有機會和你一起加入湖人:PG。 當他決定續留雷霆時,你們有怎樣的對話呢? LJ: I didn't have many conversations with Paul, and I think Paul did what was best for him. And I think that's what everybody should do as players, they should do what's best for them and their family. You shouldn't get too pressured by anybody. If there's somebody they want to play with, and they have the opportunity to do it, then go for it. I think we all see that he made the best decision for himself and his family. LJ: 我其實沒有和PG談上許多。我認為他做了對他最好的選擇吧。 我認為球員就是樣這樣,他們應該做出對他們自己最好的決定。 你不應該被其他人所左右太多。如果你想要跟某人一起打球, 而也有這樣的機會去做,那就去做。我想我們都看到他做出 對他和他家庭最好的決定。 RN: Now the Lakers have signed other free agents that have raised some eyebrows -- you have a guy who's a "Shaqtin' a Fool" MVP, you have a guy who wears wrist watches on his ankles, you have someone who likes to blow in other players' ears, including yours. Why should people not be skeptical of this roster? RN:現在湖人又簽了一些自由球員,讓人眉毛為之一抬: 你們現在有了Shatin' a fool的MVP,有一個喜歡在腳踝上戴懷錶的, 還有一個喜歡朝其他球耳朵員吹氣的球員,包括吹你的 >< 為什麼人們不該為這樣的陣容感到狐疑? LJ: 'Cause we got guys who love to play basketball. And that's what they do every single day. I love that, and I think Pelinka and Magic love that as well. And that's why they made the signings. Bringing Lance [Stephenson] and JaVale [McGee] and [Michael Beasley] and [Rajon] Rondo -- guys that every day they wake up they're thinkin' about the game of basketball. Everything else is secondary. So we look forward to all the challenges and, I mean, eyebrows is always gonna get raised when my name is involved anyway, so it shouldn't even be a surprise. LJ: 因為所有這些傢伙都熱愛籃球比賽。而他們每天所做的就是打球。 我愛這種球員,我認為Pelinka和魔術也愛這種特質。這就是他們為什麼 得到簽約。舞王,MyBoy,畢斯利和軟豆,這些球員每天醒來就只是想著 如何打球。所有打球以外的事都是次要的。所以我們期待接下來的挑戰。 而且啊,我的意思是,我到哪裡打球,鎂光燈就會跟到哪,疑問就會 接踵而來。所以這些東西都嚇不倒我的。 RN: A lot of these are one-year contracts. The Lakers talked about wanting that flexibility still for next summer. A lot of big free agents could be available then. You're turning 34 this season, though. How do you feel about the idea that what could be one of the last years of your prime is going to be more of a building year? RN: 這些都是一年合約。湖人看來還是想維持明年夏天的彈性。 畢竟明年有一卡車的明星等著被簽約。但是你今年將會滿34歲。 你對於自己將要在巔峰末年的一年陪著球隊重建如何看待? LJ: I don't even look at it like that, 'cause I don't feel like this is one of the last years of my prime. I think that's another statistic number, and I've always been a part of beating the odds in life. Being around my kids allow -- it gives me even more and more time in my youth. I don't feel like this is even a rebuilding year for us. We have an opportunity to do something that a lot of people don't think we can do. And we love the notion of, "it's another rebuilding year and we don't have enough." So that will motivate the guys that we have anyway. LJ: 我並沒有這樣去看...因為我並不覺得這是我巔峰末年中的一年。 我想這是另一個統計數字,而我從小到大就是為了打倒這些統計數字而生。 跟著我小孩讓我感覺...讓我感覺我更年輕了。我甚至不認同這是 一個重建年。我們是有機會去做一些人們認為我們做不到的事的。 而我們喜歡這種標籤「這只是湖人的重建年,他們有的不夠多」 這種標籤能讓我們這類球員得到激勵 RN: The reason why people are saying, "I don't know where the Lakers are going to end up," is because the Western conference is really tough. It's the deepest it's been in a while. You haven't played in the West before. Have you really thought through, "OK, I'm gonna be in my fourth four-hour flight of the week"? Stuff you didn't do back in the East. And, "What if it's February and we don't have a winning record?" Have you thought through if things are grim before they get great? RN: 之所以人們會說「我不知道這隻湖人能打到什麼程度」的原因 在於西區真的很艱困。現在西區是近幾年最強的一次 。 你從來沒有在西區打過。你真的有仔細想過「OK, 這將會是我這禮拜 第四次>四小時的飛行?」在東區距離可沒那麼分散遙遠。 還有「如果到二月了我們戰績還不到五成?」 你有給過這些想法嗎?在還沒達到偉大的高度時總會有的低谷。 LJ: Oh, absolutely. I mean that's all part of the mindset. There's gonna be times, being a young group playing together, that we're gonna have times where guys are gonna question what's goin' on. And that's just human nature. I understand that. But I've always been a part of it. I know a lot about the ups and downs of a season. And one thing we can't do is lose focus on what the main goal is, and the main goal is to continue to be as great as we can be every day. Build championship habits -- and I'm not even saying that we're a championship team now -- but building championship habits so when we get to that point-- we can fall back on something. We have a great young core. We have great veterans. We have a great system and a great organization, more importantly. So it should be fine. LJ: 歐,那是當然的。我的意思是,這些全部都是心理建設的一部分。 到時候一定會有些時候,尤其在這樣一群年輕球員的環境裡,我們 會開始自我懷疑。這些都是人性。我了解的。但是我也經歷過很多 類似過程了。我知道一個球季裡總會有上有下。而我們所不能做得, 就是失去了焦點,忘了目標為何。而我們的目標應該是讓自己成長到 能變得偉大,每天都用盡所能的去比賽。建立冠軍球隊該有的習慣, 而我甚至不是說我們是一隻冠軍球隊,但是去建立這種習慣,所以當 我們哪一天真的達到這樣高度時,我們可以有東西可以仰賴。 我們有很棒的年輕核心。我們有很棒的老將。我們有很棒的體系 和很棒的球團。所以一切都會沒事的。 RN: And you've made a longtime commitment to these guys, a four-year contract. How confident are you that sometime in this four years you will be in the [NBA] Finals again? You could win another championship? RN: 而且你還做了個長期飯票的保證呢:四年約。 你對這四年內回到冠軍賽,或是有機會再贏冠軍的信心為何? LJ: That's the goal. LJ: 這是目標。 RN: That's not the question. RN: 這不是我的問題,啾咪。 LJ: Listen, I plan and I train and I set my mind every single day to play for championships. And Magic and Jeanie and Rob, they believe the same thing. So when you're around people who have the same goal in mind, you can live with the result. LJ: 聽著,我每天都計畫和訓練並且建立自己的心智,為的就是冠軍。 魔術,Jeanie和Rob,他們也相信著同樣的東西。 所以當你身旁圍繞著一群有同樣目標的人時,那結果為何你都可以 坦然以對。 RN: So that's your professional legacy. Your personal legacy is, of course, another story. That's family. That's things like this school. You mentioned your AAU coaching career. We've been seeing you around and with your son. What has it been like for you to be watching him growing into this basketball player and dealing with the pressure of being your kid? RN: 所以這是你的職業傳奇。你的個人傳奇,當然是另一個故事了。 那是家庭,或是像這所學校一樣的東西。你提到你在AAU執教的生涯。 我們有看過你和你兒子的表現。對你而言,看著你的兒子成長為一名 出色的籃球員,並且面對「身為LBJ之子」的壓力的看法為何? LJ: It's been challenging for all of us, but it's been fun. I love it. He's getting an opportunity to feel some of the things that I had to go through. LJ:對我們全家而言都是一種挑戰,但是這很有趣。我很愛這過程。 他現在有機會去經歷一些我曾經經歷過的事情呢。 RN: Yeah, but he's called LeBron James Jr. RN: 是的,但是他名叫「小LeBron James」 LJ: Our kids are so awesome that they don't even get caught up into it. No one calls him LeBron around our house. No one calls him Junior around the house. We call him Bronny. And every day he wakes up saying, "I gotta make sure I look out for my little brother and my little sister and be a great young man." You know, make my mom and dad proud, and everything else kinda takes care of itself. So it's always pretty awesome to kind of just see him grow and grow every day, and then play the game that he likes to play. Not what I want him to do. He loves to play the game of basketball, have fun with his teammates, and he plays it the right way, and that makes me happy. LJ: 我們的小孩太棒了,他們甚至不會為此感到煩惱。在我們家裡沒有 人會叫他LeBron。也沒有人會叫他小LeBron。大家都叫他Bronny。 而他每天起床說的就是「我要做我小弟和小妹的好榜樣」。你知道嗎, 讓我的爹媽感到驕傲,而當你這樣想時,事情就不會走偏。 所以對我而言,看到他日複一日的成長,打他所喜愛的籃球是非常美妙的。 我並沒有想要他去打球。但是他就是愛上了籃球,跟他的隊友得到樂趣, 而且他是用正確的方式打球,這點讓我很高興。 RN: And of course it's your kids that you influence, but it's all the kids here in this school. And really a lot of kids across Akron. When it is all said and done, what is that going to mean to you? RN: 而當然你不只能影響你的小孩, 還有這所學校裡的所有小孩。 而且事實上還有很多阿克隆市裡其他的孩子。當你的生涯結束時, 這些對你的意義是? LJ: Well, when we get the statistics, and we get the names, and years from now we see a lotta these kids go off and go off to college and start their own companies or give back to the community, things of that nature, it will make us all proud. Because that's what we're here for. We're a huge support group for these kids, and we just want everything for them. Everything and more. So it's gonna mean a lot to me. LJ:恩,當我們看到統計數字時,我們會有很多名字和若干年後 會有很多從這邊出去的小孩上了大學,開自己的公司或是回饋給社區。 如此自然不過的事情,會讓我們感到驕傲。 因為這就是為什麼我們在這裡的原因。 我們是這些孩子們強而有力的靠山,而我們希望能在各個面向上幫他們。 甚至更多。所以對我的意義會是很多很多的。 RN: Well, people keep track of your championships, so you might as well keep track of that number too. RN: 恩,人們總是在計算你的冠軍數,所以你或許也該去關注一下 那個數字。 LJ: Yeah, absolutely. Absolutely. LJ: 是的,絕對的。絕對的。 ============================== 訪談頗長,不過Rachel訪問過LBJ好多次,也是老手了, 對談之間可以讓不了解LBJ小時候成長歷程的更了解。 另外LBJ做公益,對社區做回饋所花的心力真的是很誇張, 印象中上一個花這麼多心力的是木桶伯回饋剛果吧, 但是好像也沒有那麼親力親為和有系統地去做。 我有個能力很強的好朋友回台灣也是做類似的事, 知道最後要做到能辦學校後面是多少努力。 只能說真的滿不簡單的.... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 68.193.60.65 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NBA/M.1533010182.A.F88.html ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ※ 轉錄者: kart (68.193.60.65), 07/31/2018 12:11:32
phoenician: 推 07/31 12:13
Hiroshi21: 推 07/31 12:59
andy82116: 推 07/31 14:22
kuiyy: 推 07/31 18:20
shannon8188: 推推 07/31 19:00
nctucch17170: 大推~ 翻譯這個很累的! 07/31 23:24
nctucch17170: 很多人一直以來都會忽略LBJ在場外的表現 他是真的 07/31 23:24
nctucch17170: 對於小孩的教育很有感觸並付諸實行的人~ 07/31 23:25
LiamMcMorrow: 大推! 08/01 09:59
darren800922: 推推 08/01 16:50
shiou25: 推! 08/03 14:58
bakedgrass: 加油! 08/05 13:35