看板 Libertines 關於我們 聯絡資訊
連結: http://ppt.cc/BR0, Raising hell to raising kids Carl Barat's cleaned up for his baby CLEAN UP ACT: Libertine Carl Barat By John Earls, 26/09/2010 LIBERTINES bad boy Carl Barat insists he's putting his crazy, hedonistic days behind him - to be a good role model to his first kid. His cellist girlfriend Edie Langley is due to give birth on Christmas Day, and hell-raiser Carl, 32, can't wait to swap wild partying for nappy changing. He told Rated: "I really, passionately don't want to fail as a father. I'm going to be the best dad I can be. "I'm looking forward to being a father a lot, it's incredibly exciting. It's put my life into perspective - suddenly I know which direction my life should be going. "The idea of me being a dad is still so surreal. I've been travelling everywhere then I come home and get reminders of what a big deal me and the missus are facing. "I got back from Japan last week and there was a Moses basket on the sofa. I thought 'Wow, this is really happening! Brilliant!'" But this new domestically blissful chapter in Carl's life comes just as an old, darker, one is being reopened. Last month he was reunited with his Libertines bandmates - including Pete Doherty - to perform at the Reading/Leeds Festival. And now Carl and Pete are hoping to write a new album sometime in the future. Carl says: "We'll always be a band with a short fuse but I'm sure there'll be a new record one day. We've grown up a lot in six years - Pete's solo stuff is more relaxed, mine is more considered, and I'm sure that'd come out in a new album." Depression The Libertines were credited with being one of the most influential bands in British rock but split after just two albums, with Pete losing himself in heroin and Carl turning to cocaine. Carl went on to form Dirty Pretty Things, which ended in 2008, then he suffered a year of despair before writing his autobiography and first solo album. He's now travelling the world to promote the album, which swaps his bands' guitar-heavy tunes for a fascinating theatrical style. And his moving book, Threepenny Memoir: The Lives of a Libertine, is out this week. It includes a candid account of his drug addiction. And Carl jokes that if ever his child is tempted down that path, he'll give them his book. "That'll show them how bad it can get - though if they read it and think they should be in competition to outdo me, I'll really be in trouble!" REFORMED: Carl and Pete earlier this year Carl wrote the book, and the album, last year when he was battling depression. His demons, he says, were "a delayed hangover" from the wreckage of his two bands and his hard-living. "For a year, it felt like I was looking at myself through a fishtank. I didn't really know who I was, and I didn't want to do anything, he recalls. "There were a few cry-for-help moments. I didn't feel pain - I felt nothing." He got back on track thanks to a therapist and meeting Edie. For him it was love at first sight when they worked together on the soundtrack of Russell Brand's film Get Him To The Greek. Carl says: "Falling in love definitely helped get my optimism back. When I met Edie I knew straight away there was something special about her." He went on: "The book and the album have been cathartic in getting the darkness out. I can't be a dark person when I'm a father - that's too selfish. My paranoia and darkness are constantly there, under the surface, but I'm learning to deal with them. "And writing the book has made me see that my life is quite blessed, really." Carl's new single Run With The Boys is out tomorrow, followed by his self-titled solo album on October 4. He tours from October 15. Threepenny Memoir: The Lives of a Libertine is published on Thursday. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 60.250.249.244