看板 Linguistics 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Since you want English, I try my best to explain it again in my broken English as follows. The term "segment" means the discrete unites constituting a continual sound sequence linearly. In other words, segment refers to consonants and vowels since they are able to be divided within the sound sequence itself. As for stress, tone and intonation, on the contrary, are in connection with length, pitch and loudness of speech sound, which are features over and above the sound sequence, so it is difficult to divide them into discrete unites linearly as well as directly just the same as segments do, and thus we call them "suprasegment" so as to represent the opposite concept to segment. For example, you can segment the word "contrast" into eight sounds─﹝k﹞, ﹝a﹞,﹝n﹞,﹝t﹞,﹝r﹞,﹝ae﹞,﹝s﹞,﹝t﹞, awared of the fact that they are all consonants and vowels which constitute a continual sound sequence linearly, and we therefore realize they are segments. On the other hand, however, "contrast" has two grammatical categories distinguishied by putting an accent mark over the stressed vowel in the first syllable or the second syllable of "contrast", and according to the feature of stress is not able to be segmented individually, it is thus called "suprasegment" differing from segment. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.59.236.134 ※ 編輯: Lhanas 來自: 61.59.236.134 (07/24 17:22)
yvonliu:嗯...辛苦你了 感謝! 07/24 17:52
Chiwaku:@@! Sugoi 07/24 23:48