看板 MLB 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Cards' Carpenter unlikely to pitch this season http://tinyurl.com/bftolcr 紅雀GM John Mozeliak說 今年四月要滿38歲的木匠 可能錯過2013年球季 前幾天在牛棚練投時 他的右手還是會持續的感到痛與麻痺的感覺 (舊傷) 同樣的感覺去年也有。 ST. LOUIS –- On the heels of another injury setback, the Cardinals announced Tuesday that three-time All-Star and Cy Young Award winner Chris Carpenter is unlikely to pitch this season. General manager John Mozeliak said during a news conference at Busch Stadium that Carpenter, who will turn 38 in April, reported to team officials last week that he was continuing to experience discomfort and numbness in his right shoulder -- the same issues he experienced last year, when he was shut down just weeks into Spring Training due to weakness and numbness in his shoulder, neck and back. Mozeliak, accompanied by manager Mike Matheny, went so far as to say, "Do I envision Carp returning? I would say it's very unlikely, so no." As recently as last month, Carpenter spoke with excitement about the upcoming season, telling reporters that he began his offseason throwing program in December and had, to that point, incurred no problems. "I haven't had any issues with my throwing or anything this year," Carpenter said on Jan. 19 while attending the Cardinals' Winter Warm-Up. "I feel good. My shoulder feels good. I'm looking forward to getting down there and getting to camp early and get going." But something changed in the meantime. "On Friday he had notified me after numerous attempts at throwing bullpens, he is still feeling the same discomfort he was experiencing during last year's season and just felt like at this point he can no longer continue to try to throw," Mozeliak said. "He was sad. He was definitely teary-eyed and I think he felt like, to some degree, he was letting us down. ... At that point I was still wondering if there was some point for some resolution on this, but both Mike and I have talked to him numerous times and at this time he just wants to make sure whatever's going on in his shoulder, his neck and his arm will not preclude him from having a normal life." The announcement came exactly one week before the Cardinals are to hold their first Spring Training workout. The club was hopeful that Carpenter would again be a cog in a rotation that went most of the 2012 season without him. With Carpenter out of the equation, the Cardinals will either have to lean on one of their young starting pitchers -- a group that includes Shelby Miller, Joe Kelly and Trevor Rosenthal -- or look for help from outside. Free agent Kyle Lohse remains unsigned. A first-round Draft pick by the Blue Jays in 1993, Carpenter has been slowed by injuries throughout his career. He has landed on the disabled list 11 times and underwent separate surgeries on both his right shoulder and right elbow. He was eventually diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome and underwent surgery in July to correct the issue. Carpenter surprised many when he returned to the mound in September, but he returned without his usual arm strength. Carpenter's final appearance in 2012 was on Oct. 21 at AT&T Park. He lasted four innings and allowed five runs (two earned) on six hits in four innings to the Giants, who went on to win that National League Championship Series and the World Series. Carpenter has 144 wins and a 3.76 ERA in his career, and regardless of whether he is able to return, he'll have a lasting legacy in St. Louis, where he spent the past nine seasons. As a Cardinal, Carpenter went 95-44, won the 2005 Cy Young Award and helped lead the Cardinals to two World Series championships. "When I look back at his career, the one thing about him is he's probably one of the most competitive players I've ever been around and truly willed himself to win," Mozeliak said. "If you think about all the injuries he went through in his career and how he willed his way back to the field, I've always admired that about him." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 1.160.218.208 ※ 編輯: Zuleta 來自: 1.160.218.208 (02/06 05:41) ※ 編輯: Zuleta 來自: 1.160.218.208 (02/06 05:44)
yankeefat:感覺快要退休了...可惜 02/06 05:44
※ 編輯: Zuleta 來自: 1.160.218.208 (02/06 06:00)
Sarladin:兩張ace真的沒辦法一起用耶.... 02/06 06:01
mrkey:sad news. 看看 Mozeliak 會不會逼不得已找回 Lohse 02/06 06:41
Bagwell5:...雙ace還是不能聚首阿 02/06 06:48
yenchenchou:Wainy/Westbrook/Garcia/Miller/Lynn/Rosenthal/Kelly 02/06 07:44
yenchenchou:基本上不會,可用之兵很多 02/06 07:44
chenhaohao:木匠:我只是要再拿一座東山再起獎而已別緊張 02/06 08:08
nolander:娃... 02/06 09:51
BambooIL:決定棄投從打(?) 02/06 09:57
ck3300511:Miller頂上吧 02/06 11:40
taker627:木匠最近幾年不是都只投季後賽嗎 02/06 13:22
LoveMoose:木匠...... 02/06 20:51
KusoPvt:都這個年紀我看就退休好好休養吧... 02/06 22:35