看板 ManUtd 關於我們 聯絡資訊
為了小范 雖然等下要排莎士比亞 雖然晚上還要聽李銳和王德威 我還是決定貼文並翻譯! 小范在歐冠驚人地以30場進28球的成績 逼平丹尼斯勞代表曼聯的歐洲賽場進球 (有了我的加持,小范果然就不一樣XD) 以下是BBC專文,先PO了再說 (不准任何人跟我搶著翻譯哦!\_/) Heir to Law's throne By Phil McNulty Chief football writer Law and Van Nistelrooy - scorers supreme Denis Law is the original King of Manchester United - but Ruud van Nistelrooy is the rightful heir to his Old Trafford throne. Van Nistelrooy's Champions League strike against Stuttgart on Tuesday equalled Law's record of 28 European goals for Manchester United. The records are both remarkable and a tribute to the goalscoring skills of two strikers who have already written their names into Old Trafford folklore. Indeed, in his new autobiography, "The King", Law says: "Ruud has impressed me immensely. "When he first came to Old Trafford I thought he was excellent. He is another I would like to have played alongside as he gives the team everything. "He chases lost causes and balls that are going nowhere. He always seems to do something with it once he has chased it down." Ferguson hails Van Nistelrooy Van Nistelrooy is equally complimentary: "I am proud I have equalled a player like Denis Law. I hear a lot of stories about him, how good he was. "I respect him so much, what he achieved and the way he is. I have seen some tapes of him. But I only have to look at his record - that says enough." But Van Nistelrooy's European goal record has the edge, coming in only 30 games, whereas Scotland legend Law took three games more. All Van Nistelrooy's goals have come in the Champions League, whereas a portion of Law's came on what some might say was the less testing stage of the European Cup Winners' Cup and the Inter Cities Fairs Cup, now known as the Uefa Cup. The odds are now on Van Nistelrooy beating Law's record in this season's Champions League campaign. He didn't just act as if it was his ball - he acted as if it was his stadium Pat Crerand on Denis Law Van Nistelrooy's header against Stuttgart was a finish which had a touch of Law about it, the towering leap and arched back as the keeper was beaten. When the comparisons are set to one side, Old Trafford has been fortunate to witness two great strikers in their prime. Aberdeen-born Law, now 63, arrived at Manchester United in 1962 for a British record £115,000 fee from Torino, via Huddersfield Town and Manchester City. It was an investment the great Sir Matt Busby never regretted. Indeed, such was Law's legendary status that Old Trafford even forgave him for scoring Manchester City's goal that sent United into the Second Division in 1974. Law won an FA Cup winners' medal in 1963, scoring in the 3-1 win against Leicester City, and was crowned European Footballer of the Year in 1964 MAN UTD'S EURO HITMEN 28 goals: Ruud van Nistelrooy 28 goals: Denis Law 22 goals: Bobby Charlton 20 goals: Paul Scholes 19 goals: Andy Cole 19 goals: Ryan Giggs 19 goals: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 15 goals: David Beckham As his former United team-mate Pat Crerand said: "He didn't just act as if it was his ball. He acted as if it was his stadium" Law added championship medals in 1965 and 1967, but suffered the biggest disappointment of his career in 1968 when he missed United claiming the Holy Grail of the European Cup against Benfica because of a knee injury. He scored 227 goals in 481 league matches in style that measured up to Van Nistelrooy - and is still Scotland's joint record goalscorer alongside Kenny Dalglish with 30 goals in 55 games. Law was slight, but traded on razor-sharp reflexes, an uncanny ability to hang in the air, and had an edge of fiery flamboyance that made him a legendary figure at Old Trafford and beyond. With his long-sleeved shirt gripped in his fist in a trademark style, Law terrorised defences both physically and in a football sense, and was blessed with lightning pace. "The King" returns to Old Trafford Van Nistelrooy is not as colourful a figure as Law but, like the Scot, comes to life in and around the penalty area and has a complete game, as proved by his brilliant creativity for Ryan Giggs' goal against Stuttgart. He may be more of an old-fashioned centre forward, but he possesses Law's predator's touch. The 27-year-old arrived at Old Trafford for £19m from PSV Eindhoven in 2001, after starting his career at Den Bosch. It was a triumph out of adversity, because only a year earlier he failed a medical at United, then suffered a serious knee injury immediately after his return to Holland. But Sir Alex Ferguson was in constant touch and it was time well spent. Van Nistelrooy is fast and light on his feet for a man well over six feet tall, powerful and has the natural gift for goals that Law possessed. The facts tell the Dutchman's tale - 95 goals in 122 matches, with 59 league goals in only 81 games. The comparisons can be regarded as unrepresentative of two truly unique strikers but one thing is certain - they would have made the perfect partnership. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.203.177 ※ 編輯: maplesea 來自: 140.112.203.177 (12/11 08:59)
Jint:maple..你好久沒出現囉.. ^^ 推 61.216.42.178 12/11