看板 Mavericks 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/07/16/lin.andrews/index.html LAS VEGAS -- Can't get an athletic scholarship to the Division I school of your choice? Try the next best thing. Try enrolling at a little school called Harvard University. It's not the conventional route. But that's what hoops prodigy Jeremy Lin decided to do. After four years of matching wits and jump shots in the Ivy League, Lin is now balling under the bright lights of the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas for the Dallas Mavericks . "It's great to get out here and play five on five. It's been a while," Lin said after a recent game in Vegas. "Obviously there is a lot of high-level athletes. Overall, it's a fun experience" Lin, captain of the California Division II state champs at Palo Alto High School, was a shoo-in for the state's player of the year. He was first-team All-State and Northern California Division II Player of the Year. Yet he received no Division I scholarship offers upon graduation. So Lin went to his fallback plan and enrolled at Harvard. It wasn't his crossover that scored him a spot in the Ivy League. It was his IQ. The nation's oldest university does not offer athletic scholarships. Lin, who averaged 16 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game as a senior point guard for the Crimson last season, was voted All-Ivy League First Team twice, was a finalist for the John Wooden and Bob Cousy awards and also received an invite to the Portsmouth Invitational. The most important accolades he left Harvard with were a 4.2 GPA and a degree in Economics. In his what seems like his non-existent spare time, Lin also was editor of the school newspaper and interned for a California senator. "The disadvantages [to playing at Harvard] -- no disrespect to the Ivy League, but it's not like playing in a bigger conference like the ACC, but the advantage is you play a disciplined game and you can't be one step late," he said. Lin's already impressed some important people around the league. "He is deceptively quick, a sharp shooter and he's got a great basketball IQ," Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said, "I haven't administered any test or talked in depth with him to test his other IQ." Said Lin: "Being able to see defenses and rotate and see where the holes are, that's going to take some adjustment. Overall, I try to outthink the other team." Lin, whose parents are from Taiwan, also stands to be the first Asian-American in the NBA. "I've been blessed by God to be in this opportunity," said Lin, signed by the Mavericks after going undrafted in June. "I'm trying not to think about it, to be honest. Because right now I'm in the process of trying to make it. But being able to play in the Summer League, the college situation, everything turned out perfectly. I'm just enjoying the ride." Donald Lee, an Asian-American basketball coach near Lin's hometown in the Bay Area said, "It's great to have players like Yao and Yi Jianlian, but they are born in China and don't relate to the issues Asian-Americans face day to day. As someone who is heavily involved in Asian-American basketball communities, I think Jeremy will inspire more players to try to be like him in the future." At Harvard, all was not perfect. Lin dealt with racial slurs and plenty of heckling from what is supposed to be the nations brightest in Ivy League gyms. At Summer League he accidentally hit a player and a fan yelled "He went ninja on him." Still, Lin hasn't let the pressures of being undrafted, Asian-American or the resident nerd on the team affect his play at Summer League. The scrappy guard put up 12 points and two assists in his first Summer League game and attacks the basket every chance he gets. Lin thrives on contact and seemed at ease as he called plays with cotton up his nose from a bloody play in the third day in Vegas. "I'm just trying to play my game, just trying to showcase it," Lin said. "Trying to be a playmaker, and that's not always scoring. It's other little things" Lins' goal is to land on someone's roster, and rumblings around gyms in Vegas say Lin should have no problem finding a spot in the league. But Lin has heard the "you're a shoo-in kid" speech before. He plays each game as if he doesn't have a degree from Harvard to fall back on, if needed. He excelled in the classroom. An NBA court is next. 林在高中時是加州第二級聯盟的州冠軍隊隊長 同時也是該聯盟的第一隊 年度最佳球員 不過他沒有拿到入大學的獎學金 他選擇了另一個方式 就是考進哈佛大學 他大學平均16分4.4籃板4.4助攻 大學GPA平均為4.2 Cuban說林是個很快 有威脅的射手 然後有高的籃球智商 另外Cuban還說他還沒有跟林談過話 或是安排測驗測他IQ 林說他嘗試去跑位跟看破對方防守 然後想辦法看透對方的想法 林的父母是台灣人 同時他也希望能當NBA第一個亞裔美籍 林他家附近的一個亞裔籃球隊教練說 有姚明和易建聯這些球員是很棒的 但是他們是中國生的 他們的經歷不像一般亞裔美籍面臨的 我想林對亞裔美籍的球員來說 會是個不錯的典範 林在哈佛時過的也並沒有非常順遂 他面臨到了很多種族歧視的言論 在夏季聯盟時他不小心撞到一個球員 旁邊的一個球迷對他大叫 你看他用忍術把對方打倒了 不過林並沒有因為未經選秀的壓力 而放棄努力打球 第一場比賽他得了12分2助攻 一但有機會他就切入 第三天時他因為碰撞受了傷 他用棉花塞住鼻子止血然後繼續上場 林說他想要盡力去表現 當一個好的playmaker 林的目標是進入一個NBA球隊的名單中 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.136.181.112 popstarkirby:轉錄至看板 NBA 07/18 08:33
MrG :對不起 我看到用忍術那句 我笑了... 07/18 09:38
AndyRautins :林:難道我會影分身之術也要宣揚出去嗎?XD 07/18 09:52
imkidding :你看他用忍術把對方打倒了 快使用雙節棍鶴鶴哈西 07/18 10:20
s89313g :林一個打十個~!!多重影分身!!! 07/18 10:39
ripmelo :Lin:難道我用忍術也被你發現了? 07/18 11:47
hank974335 :Cuban可以考慮請他去他的公司上班= = 07/18 12:15
pyroXP :加油!!! 07/18 12:36
Chenwitzki :林可以改當酷班的保鑣 07/18 12:48