看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Yankees' Wang looking forward to bounce-back outing By PETER ABRAHAM THE JOURNAL NEWS (Original publication: August 13, 2007) CLEVELAND - For Chien-Ming Wang, the last four days have been his longest of the season. Wang pitched the worst game of his career against Toronto on Wednesday, allowing eight runs on nine hits before being taken out of the game in the third inning. He has been stewing about it since. "There's nothing you can do," he said. "Only wait." Wang will get back on the mound tonight when the Yankees open a seven-game homestand against the Baltimore Orioles. He'll oppose Jeremy Guthrie. Wang (13-6) is 3-1 against the Orioles in his career. He beat them on July 29 in Baltimore, allowing three runs in six innings. The right-hander believes he will pitch well tonight. "I watched the tape, and my arm (angle) was too low," he said. "Every pitch was up." Wang had a long session in the bullpen with pitching coach Ron Guidry on Thursday working to correct the mistake. "I'm not concerned," manager Joe Torre said. "It looked like a mechanical thing. His ball was flat, and he just wasn't getting that downward movement. As long as there's nothing physically wrong, I'm not really concerned about it. You hope that's an isolated case." Posada out again: Catcher Jorge Posada was in the original starting lineup but was scratched before batting practice. He has missed three straight games with a stiff neck. Posada did take batting practice and said he hopes to play tonight. "It's getting there," he said. "I'm a lot better today than I was yesterday." Torre said it was an easy decision to give Posada the time off with Jose Molina available off the bench. The Yankees are far more comfortable using Molina than former backup Wil Nieves. "It's enormously important," Torre said. "Backup catchers are so hard to come by. ... We're lucky we had an opportunity to get Jose." Molina was 5 of 17 in the series with two doubles. Torre laughed when asked who his emergency catcher was. "I had a feeling that if I asked for a volunteer, you may hear (Shelley) Duncan's name pop up," he said. "I don't know if he's ever done it or may do it without equipment. But I have a feeling he would raise his hand." Said Duncan: "I caught in high school. I would do it in a second. My dad taught me the basics." Central dominance: The Yankees are 23-7 against teams from the American League Central. They have eight games remaining against Detroit and three against Kansas City. The Yankees are 33-26 against the other teams in the American League. Extra bases: Pitching coach Ron Guidry was ejected before the top of the eighth inning by home plate umpire Tim McClelland. Guidry was arguing balls and strikes from the dugout. "It's nice he was fighting for me," Andy Pettitte said. ... Reliever Jim Brower is expected to rejoin the team today. He missed two games after the birth of his first child on Saturday. ... Torre indicated he would give Robinson Cano a day off soon and use Wilson Betemit at second base. Cano has played in all but one game this season. ... The Yankees are 12-5 on the road since the All-Star break. They were 17-25 on the road before the break. ... Melky Cabrera was 2 for 5, extending his hitting streak to 17 games. His average is up to .302. One of the hits was his eighth homer of the season. He had seven last year. ... The Yankees were 6-0 against the Indians this season, outscoring them 49-17. http://tinyurl.com/2db39x -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.23.211
mmgorilla:是小王的比賽要改用工具人Betemit嗎 看來有機會檢視一下 08/13 19:02
mmgorilla:他的防守功力了 08/13 19:03
beast1969:看前面外電的翻譯 Betemit好像對金鳥第三場才會上場 08/13 19:09
mmgorilla:了解 之前看工具人守一壘有一點抖啊 小王比賽還是Cano 08/13 19:15
mmgorilla:守比較放心一點 08/13 19:17
beast1969:希望CANO再來兩發吧 08/13 19:19
akainorei:emergency catcher? 當肯 (舉手! 我來!) 08/13 21:00
decorum:王最愛主場了!Home, sweet home! 08/13 22:43
djm:請問 title "foward to bounce-back outing" 是什麼意思啊? 08/14 01:31