看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
The New York Times Yanks Took Long Way to Accustomed Spot 洋基繞了一條遠路來到熟悉的位置 By TYLER KEPNER Published: September 27, 2007 ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., Sept. 26 — They started the journey seven months ago, across the bay in spring training at Legends Field. Joba Chamberlain was not invited, Roger Clemens was not signed, Melky Cabrera was not a starter, and Carl Pavano was not hurt. 他們七個月前在海灣另一邊的傳奇球場開始了本季的旅程. 那時張伯倫沒被邀請, Clemens還沒簽約, Cabrera不是先發選手, Pavano還沒受傷. So much has changed, the season unfolding in surprising and sometimes painful ways. The Yankees lost 29 of their first 50 games, and kept stumbling into July. 太多事情改變了, 球季在驚訝中展開.(有時是痛苦的) 洋基輸了前50場中的29場, 他們一直到了七月還在跌跌撞撞. “There were times,” Manager Joe Torre said, “when you felt like you’d won the lottery when you won a game.” "有時候, 當你贏了一場比賽, 你會覺得你中了樂透." Torre說. But the bumpy road has brought them to their expected destination, the playoffs, for the 13th season in a row. With George Steinbrenner, their principal owner, watching from a box after lunching with Torre in the afternoon, the Yankees clinched a spot in the postseason Wednesday night with a 12-4 wipeout of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays at Tropicana Field. 儘管一路顛簸, 他們還是連續13年來到了季後賽. 星期三晚上在Steinbrenner的注視之下, 他們以12-4打敗了坦怕灣魔鬼魚贏得了季後賽 門票. “This has definitely been the hardest one,” said Derek Jeter, who went 3 for 5 with a homer. “We scuffled early on, but everybody here knew we had a good team; we were just playing bad. A lot of people counted us out, and everybody sort of liked that.” "這絕對是最辛苦的一次," Jeter說. "我們開始時亂無章法, 但我們知道我們有很好的隊伍, 我們只是打的不好." "很多人把我們排除在季後賽之外, 而大家似乎都喜歡這件事." The Yankees trail the Boston Red Sox in the American League East by three games with four to play, meaning the Yankees will enter the playoffs almost surely as the wild-card team. They have not taken that route since 1997, but history shows that wild-card winners have little, if any, disadvantage. 洋基幾乎確定以外卡身份進入季後賽, 歷史顯示拿到外卡幾乎沒有什麼壞處. Six of the past 10 teams to reach the World Series were wild-card winners, including the 2006 Detroit Tigers, who eliminated the Yankees in a four-game division series. This season, the Yankees are on track to play the Cleveland Indians in the first round. 過去10次世界大賽冠軍有六個是外卡隊伍. 這個球季, 洋基將在第一輪遭遇克里夫蘭印地安人隊. There are four days left to define the roster and the rotation, and to rest Jeter, Robinson Canó (who drove in five runs) and others. The afterglow of the victory was a time to revel, and the Yankees splashed around their clubhouse, spraying Champagne and guzzling beers after an emotional toast from Torre. 還有四天可以決定季後賽球員名單, 這幾天可以讓Jeter, Cano和其他人休息一下. 在大家與Torre敬酒之後, 球賽的勝利結束在球員互相噴灑香檳和狂飲啤酒之中. “I said two things: ‘This one means a lot to me,’ and ‘I’m proud of each and every one of you guys,’ ” Torre said. “I wanted to say more, and I couldn’t get it out, and then Jeter started soaking me.” "我要說兩件事:"這對我有很重大的意義." 和 "我對你們每一個人都感到很驕傲."" Torre說. "我想要說更多的事, 但是我說不出來, 然後Jeter就開始把我弄濕了." Alex Rodriguez, who seemed to be at odds with Torre after flaming out in the playoffs last fall, found him as the celebration broke up. He hugged him, and Torre leaned in close. “You took on every responsibility with eyes wide open, ” Torre told him, and Rodriguez seemed moved. 去年季後賽之後, A-Rod似乎和Torre有不和. A-Rod在一開始慶祝就找到Torre, 他抱住Torre, Torre往前傾靠的近一點. "你承擔了一切所有的責任." Torre說. A-Rod似乎被感動了. “This feels like home,” said Rodriguez, who can opt out of his contract after the World Series. “It’s hard to believe that I played for another two organizations. So much has happened to me — adversity, some success — I feel like anything but New York would feel kind of weird for me now.” "這感覺就像在家裡一樣." A-Rod說. "很難相信我為其他兩個球隊打過球了. 太多事情發生了---災難和一些成功." "我現在覺得除了紐約的任何地方對我來說都是奇怪的." Rodriguez admitted to seriously doubting the Yankees would have anything to celebrate this season. As a turning point, he mentioned the Aug. 7 game in Toronto, when Clemens got ejected by retaliating against the Blue Jays for hitting Rodriguez. A-Rod承認曾經高度懷疑洋基本季會有什麼可以慶祝的事. 他提到轉折點是8月7日在多倫多的比賽, 當Clemens因為替A-Rod報復而被驅逐出場. “I think that was a day we all came together,” Rodriguez said. "我認為在那一天大家都凝聚在一起." A-Rod說. But that game was significant for another reason: it was the major league debut of Chamberlain, the phenom who worked a scoreless inning Wednesday and will pitch again Thursday as the Yankees prepare him to work in consecutive playoff games. 那場比賽的重要還有一個原因, 那是張伯倫的大聯盟初登板. 張伯倫星期三投了無失分的一局, 洋基為了準備季後賽天天用他, 星期四準備再派他上場. The emergence of Chamberlain, 22, solidified the bridge from the starters to closer Mariano Rivera. Andy Pettitte, who is 10-3 in the second half, had heard about Chamberlain, but he had no idea how important he would be. 張伯倫的出現鞏固了先發投手和Mo之間的橋樑. Pettitte從沒想過張伯倫會對球隊這麼重要. “They were telling me there’s a kid down there that’s pretty special, but I don’t care how great I thought he was going to be, nobody knew he was going to do what he’s done,” Pettitte said. “You can’t expect that out of anybody. He’s a wonderful find.” "他們告訴我那裡有一個小孩滿特別的,沒有人想到過他對球隊能有這些貢獻."Pettitte說. "你不能期待有任何一個人能完成這些事. 他是非常棒的一個發現." Chamberlain and another rookie, Shelley Duncan, were perhaps the most aggressive clubhouse partiers, dumping bottle after bottle over teammates’ heads, romping in delight. 張伯倫和鄧肯大概是球隊裡面玩的最瘋的人, 將一罐又一罐的香檳倒在隊友的頭上, 高興地跑來跑去. After Torre’s hug with Rodriguez, Chamberlain lumbered over and did the same thing, saying thank you. Torre smiled and feigned annoyance. “Just stop bothering me,” he said, shooing Chamberlain away. 在Torre與A-Rod擁抱過後, 張伯倫移動過來做著同一件事, 說著謝謝. Torre笑著假裝很煩的樣子. "不要再煩我了."Torre說, 將張伯倫趕走. Torre pointed to Pettitte, who was doing an interview as the celebration wound down, and beamed with the pride of a father. He has been through many celebrations with Pettitte and others, like Mike Mussina, who later raised a glass with Torre and the coaches in the manager’s office. Torre指著Pettitte, 眼中透露出父親的驕傲. 他和Pettitte及其他人一起慶祝過很多事. Mussina’s saga — from late August on, at least — was the Yankees’ season in microcosm. He looked finished for three starts and was banished to the bullpen. Given another chance, he recaptured his form. Moose的英雄事蹟是球隊球季的縮影, 至少從八月底後是. 他有三次先發看起來像是完蛋的樣子, 而且被放逐到牛棚去. 你給他一個機會, 他又找回了他自己. “He put the ego aside,” Torre said. “You either go one way or the other. You either quit or get through it.” "他將自尊心放到一邊去,"Torre說. "你如果不想放棄了自己, 就要勇敢地通過考驗." Mussina got through it. So did the Yankees. The season ends Sunday, but they will play on. Moose通過考驗. 洋基也是. 這個球季在星期天會結束, 不過他們還要接著打下去. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 有錯煩指正 謝謝! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.67.220.240
gidapops:因為前面一個月 王還沒辦法出場讓torre蘇服 09/27 15:59
tweddle: 然後Jeter就開始把我弄濕了..... 09/27 16:02
danbin: 然後Jeter就開始把我弄濕了..... 09/27 16:03
peruman:G大 要蘇胡 蘇服還是標準了一點 不夠道地 09/27 16:03
viking0518:然後A-Rod拎著棒子走了過來.. 09/27 16:05
c12680000:是眼眶被濡濕 還是...... 09/27 16:09
hljjun:沒拿美東冠軍沒關係 只要拿到美聯冠軍和世界大賽冠軍就行了 09/27 16:14
devildevil:沒有井川XD 09/27 16:17
taiwantshirt:" Pavano還沒受傷" 這句話是在說遙遠以前的過去啊? 09/27 16:27
molukino:開幕戰拉 09/27 16:32
molukino:這次的洋基算史上實力最堅強的外卡嘛? 09/27 16:33
Ark727:然後Jeter就開始把我弄濕了..... 09/27 16:34
dema:有看有推~季後賽快要開始啦~ 09/27 16:41
Nilthoron:今年真的太曲折太精彩了 09/27 16:46
ninetales:這篇是加了洋蔥喔...Q_Q 害我眼眶又濕了.... 09/27 16:47
ninetales:ps. P大,第五頁中間有個小錯字,不可思"議"..謝謝你翻譯 09/27 16:48
timsid99:這篇太棒了 09/27 17:05
minamumumi:為什麼這篇文章看完我會很想哭 T__T 09/27 17:20
cirno:樓上+1 Q_Q 09/27 17:40
Sijan:哭+1 超感動 09/27 17:46
dadabo:完全沒提到王 哈 09/27 17:48
dnndn:這就是努力不懈阿...哭哭 09/27 18:19
RDclausius:然後Jeter就開始把我弄濕了.....托爺真鹹濕XD 09/27 18:21
alu168:眼兒溼溼 09/27 18:32
Pettitte70:有時候, 當你贏了一場比賽, 你會覺得你中了樂透. XDDDD 09/27 18:32
Pettitte70:當時真的有這種感覺...=.= 09/27 18:32
Pettitte70:and 這篇真的很感人..A-Rod 托瑞 老克那段...T_T 09/27 18:33
roxiang:我也哭了Q____Q 看滿整個球季真的好感動 09/27 18:49
roxiang:突然好高興自己是洋基迷 09/27 18:50
michael1616:太棒了>"<尤其是moose 09/27 19:00
tonykathlean:真感動!~~~推翻譯!!~~~~~~ 09/27 19:44
airplanes:然後Jeter就開始把我弄濕了 09/28 00:43
※ 編輯: parabird 來自: 59.104.146.198 (09/28 01:24)
PHILOSOMA:這篇報導有洋蔥的味道@@ 09/28 10:47