看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
  Closer finalizes three-year, $45 million deal with Yankees   Updated: December 17, 2007, 6:44 PM ET     NEW YORK -- Mariano Rivera is backing Andy Pettitte.   After completing his $45 million, three-year contract with the New York   Yankees on Monday, Rivera said he was impressed with Pettitte for admitting   that he used human growth hormone after his name was included in the   Mitchell report.   "The thing that I admire is that he came out and said he did it," Rivera   said on a conference call.   Rivera was surprised to hear Pettitte was included last week in the report   with Roger Clemens and several others on the Yankees teams that won four   World Series titles from 1996-2000.     Pettitte later said he used HGH while he was on the disabled list during   the 2002 season.   "It was definitely the wrong thing to do," Rivera said.   The Yankees' career saves leader said he spoke with Pettitte after the   report was released and understood why the left-hander chose to try HGH.   Pettitte said he was trying to hurry his recovery from an elbow injury   and help his team.   "I might have done the same thing. Who knows?" Rivera said.   But Rivera also said he had "no idea" any of his teammates were using   performance-enhancing drugs and that he was too "naive" to know what HGH   was.   The 38-year-old Rivera insisted that the Yankees' legacy was safe even   though 11 players from their championship run were included in the Mitchell   report. They included Clemens, David Justice, Chuck Knoblauch and Mike   Stanton.      "I don't think that we have to defend anything," Rivera said. "Those years   were hard work and a lot of dedication. The whole team was involved, not   just two guys."   Rivera said he didn't need to hear from Clemens because he doesn't even   know if the right-hander used performance enhancers, but that if the report   is true -- about Clemens and others -- "the best thing to do is bring it   out and put an end to it."   Perhaps the key to the dynasty, Rivera figures the deal he agreed to last   month will be his final big league contract. He said the holdup was due to   his busy schedule and travel for charity work.   At the start of spring training this year, Rivera said he would test the   market if he became a free agent, but he never seriously considered giving   up his pinstripes.   "I've been a member of the Yankees for so many years," he said. "I couldn't   see myself on another team."   Rivera signed with the Yankees as an amateur free agent in 1990 and has   only played for them in pro ball. He briefly was a starter before moving   to the bullpen -- and what a switch that turned out to be.   With a bat-breaking cut fastball, Rivera has risen to third on the career   saves list with 443, and his 34 saves and 0.77 ERA (minimum 30 innings)   are tops in postseason history.   Rivera was 3-4 with 30 saves in 34 chances and a 3.15 ERA this season. He   is coming off a three-year, $31.5 million contract. His new contract will   provide an average salary more than $4 million above what any other   reliever currently makes.   With Rivera's deal finalized, the Yankees' efforts to bring back the key   free agents from this year's squad is complete.   Jorge Posada signed a $52.4 million, four-year contract and Alex Rodriguez   agreed to a 10-year, $275 million deal. The Yankees also exercised their   $16 million option on Bobby Abreu's contract, and Pettitte singed a $16   million, one-year deal after mulling retirement.   Rivera said Pettitte wouldn't have a problem with the fans when he takes   the mound next year.   "I would think that he would be received normal," Rivera said. "Everybody   makes mistakes."   By keeping Rivera, the Yankees can go ahead with their plan to put Joba   Chamberlain in the rotation. A rookie last season, Chamberlain quickly   impressed the Yankees and earned his way into a spot as Rivera's primary   setup man.   News source:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3158544   翻譯:http://0rz.tw/673pi -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.195.215
saten:Mo又創終結者新高了~~ 12/18 13:37
MidasPei:感謝翻譯 辛苦了^^ 12/18 14:06
nirvanatsay:$ 12/18 14:07
siliver:希望MO能健康投完囉,一堆紀錄呢 :p 12/18 16:07
evascat:推 12/18 16:49
Alan655:有看有推! 12/19 00:27