看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
  Rivera Praises Pettitte for Admitting Drug Use   By TYLER KEPNER   Published: December 18, 2007   Mariano Rivera might be one of the few people who cares about baseball to   not even peek at last week’s report from the former Senator George J.   Mitchell on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in the game.   ”To tell you the truth, I haven’t read anything,” Rivera said Monday   on a conference call, when the Yankees announced his three-year, $45   million contract. “All I try to do is rest and stay away from all those   things.”   That attitude is consistent with the way Rivera has conducted himself   through 13 years in the majors. He will counsel teammates and speak up in   meetings, but he prepares on his own and keeps things simple.   That is why Rivera — who said he does not even know what human growth   hormone is — was floored by the second-hand accounts he has heard from   the Mitchell investigation. The report detailed a widespread culture of   drug abuse in baseball and identified several of his former teammates,   including Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, as users.   “It was a surprise for me,” Rivera said. “I had no idea that this thing    was going on, no idea. I’m naive when it comes to these things.”      Rivera praised Pettitte for issuing a statement on Saturday in which he a   dmitted to using human growth hormone twice in the 2002 season to   accelerate his recovery from an elbow injury. Pettitte’s statement included   an apology if he had exercised bad judgment.   “To me, it’s important, because that shows his character,” Rivera said.   “It was the wrong thing at the time, definitely was the wrong thing to do,    but you know what? I support Andy, I know the way he works, I know how    hard he works. I’m glad he came out and said that, and I would think    that he would be received like normal.”     Other players, such as Gary Bennett, Dan Naulty and F. P. Santangelo, have   publicly confirmed the findings about them in the Mitchell report.   But Pettitte is by far the biggest name to do so, and his admission could   compel Commissioner Bud Selig to consider a suspension. The Yankees would   probably not fight any discipline if Selig decided to act.   As for Rivera, 38, he said he expected this contract to be the last of his   career. He said he wanted a three-year deal all along and never seriously   considered leaving the Yankees.   “It’s hard to picture myself in another uniform,” Rivera said. “With    all respect to the other teams, I’ve just been a member of the Yankees    for so many years; I live here, I have my family here. I don’t think I    could be on another team but the Yankees.”    News source:http://0rz.tw/7d3ph    翻譯:http://0rz.tw/033pR   -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.195.215
yk6:推翻譯~~ 12/18 21:08
lulu0408:感謝Mo對Andy的支持.... 12/18 21:42
Alan655:有看有推! 12/19 00:29
nicky327:推~感謝翻譯~ 12/19 09:34
danbin:翻譯辛苦了 小派加油 12/19 13:53