看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
  Guidry Hopes He’s Wearing Pinstripes in the Spring   By JOE BRESCIA   Published: December 23, 2007   Ron Guidry, dismissed as the Yankees’ pitching coach after two seasons,   has been sitting home in Louisiana, waiting for a job offer.   From whom? How about the Yankees.   “I would imagine probably I’ll get a call and maybe be invited to spring    training again,” said Guidry, who has had a role with the Yankees every    spring since his pitching career ended in 1988. “So I’ll just wait and    see. If they don’t call, I won’t go. I’ve got to make sure that they    want me to go.”   Guidry, who was signing autographs last weekend in Red Bank, N.J., said he   had had no offers.   Joe Torre, who signed a contract to manage the Los Angeles Dodgers after   rejecting an offer from the Yankees, retained Rick Honeycutt as the   pitching coach. Torre took along Don Mattingly and Larry Bowa from his   Yankees coaching staff.   “I talked to Joe when he signed with the Dodgers,” Guidry said.   “But there were things going on with the Dodgers, and that was fine.    Joe explained some things, and I said: ‘Hey, that’s fine. I didn’t    call to see if I can get a job. I just called to see how you were doing.”   Unlike Torre, who said it would be a while before he returned to Yankee   Stadium, Guidry said he would be open to returning.   “I’ll think about Old-Timers’ Day,” he said. “It’s months from now.    It’s too early for me to be making decisions.”   He still keeps up on Yankees news, including the possible trade with the   Minnesota Twins for Johan Santana. He is a fan of Santana, who, like Guidry   during his prime, is a slightly built, hard-throwing left-hander.   Although Guidry would not say whether he thought the Yankees should make   the trade, he expressed some caution. Guidry did not pitch more than 200   innings until he was 27. Santana, 28, has exceeded 200 innings in four   seasons.   Guidry said the Yankees’ starting staff was strong.   “I think they can win with what they have now, without Santana,” he said.   Guidry added that Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy had the potential to be   front-of-the-rotation pitchers.   “Both kids have great futures ahead of them,” he said. “But you have to    give them some time.”   News source:http://0rz.tw/8a3ph   翻譯:http://0rz.tw/d93sw   -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.167.186.19
krara: 12/24 21:15
jwujwu08:在他的眼中都是kids阿 看到覺得揪甘心 12/24 21:37
grabber:感謝推 12/24 23:32
cydneya:感謝翻譯~ 12/25 02:04
jackselina:感謝翻譯~ 12/25 08:52
alwaysblue:感謝大家的支持..如果翻譯有錯也歡迎指正..謝謝~~ 12/25 12:33
keepbusy:謝翻譯 12/25 20:13