看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
  Roger Clemens fires back on YouTube: 'I did not use steroids'   BY DAVE GOLDINER   DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER   Monday, December 24th 2007, 4:00 AM   Roger Clemens didn't want to talk to Sen. George Mitchell about his alleged   steroid use and shooed away pesky reporters who asked for his side of the   story - but now the Artful Roger is taking his denials directly to the   people.      Instead of sparring with journalists, Clemens released his own YouTube   video Sunday in which he defends himself and again denies using steroids.   "I'm almost numb to some of these suggestions that I would even use    steroids," the seven-time Cy Young Award winner said.      "Let me be clear: The answer is no," said Clemens, 45, who looked relaxed    in the monologue, which clocks in at just under two minutes. "I did not use steroids or human growth hormone, and I've never done so."   Clemens did also agree to answer questions from CBS News' Mike Wallace in   a "60 Minutes" interview that will air Jan. 6.   But that sitdown will likely prove anti-climactic because Clemens already   covered much of the ground in his own video.   "He'll ask me a ton of questions on this subject, and I'll answer them    right there in front of him," Clemens said. "We'll do all of this again."   The direct-to-the-Web appeal marks the latest effort by celebrities and   public figures to bypass journalists - who might ask embarrassing questions   - and make their point to the American people on their own terms.   Clemens looked at ease during the statement and spoke against the backdrop   of his foundation's "Roger Clemens 300 Wins" logo.   The Yankees great has occasionally twitched or displayed flashes of anger   in interviews.   But in the YouTube clip, which was also posted on the Roger Clemens   Foundation Web site, Clemens looked directly at the camera and spoke in an   even tone.   He mentioned his family several times and pointed to the holiday season as   a reason why he is upset to be named in the steroid probe.   "I'm angry about it," Clemens said of the allegations. "It's hurtful to me   and my family. But we're coming upon Christmas now, and I have been blessed   in my life. I've been blessed in my career, and I'm very thankful for those   blessings."   Clemens was the biggest name in the Mitchell Report, which was released   Dec. 13 and detailed steroid use in baseball over the past two decades.   Clemens was accused by his former trainer, Brian McNamee, who said he   injected Clemens with steroids at least 16 times.   McNamee also named Yankees star and Clemens protege Andy Pettitte, who   admitted to briefly taking human growth hormone.   But Clemens has steadfastly denied taking steroids or other drugs.   He used the YouTube flick to ask baseball fans to give him the benefit of   the doubt.   "And again, it's amazing to me that I'm going to the lengths that I'm going   to, to have to defend myself," Clemens said.   News source:http://0rz.tw/c93rC   翻譯:http://0rz.tw/ef3vX -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.167.186.19
OLDdaughter:推兩篇翻譯 12/24 22:23
ninini:影片http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0GHx980CU 12/24 22:48
bestcpbl:推原PO翻譯的太好了...中英文底子真強~~~ 12/24 23:09
stan7228:可是我覺得派派都承認了 可能真實性很高耶   12/25 00:26
YHank:這報告一定有不少有吃藥的沒被列入,也一定有不少被列入的沒 12/25 01:23
YHank:吃藥...可能性這種東西有時候對當事人沒有什麼意義。 12/25 01:24
YHank:因為如果有,就是1,如果沒有,就是0... 12/25 01:25
cydneya:感謝翻譯~ 12/25 04:13
egghead:"benefit of doubt" 不是能用中文理解的概念 12/25 04:37
egghead:跟你中文裡想像的一定不會一樣, 12/25 04:37
kauw:老克七坐賽楊耶 當然得否認到底..不然可能連名人堂都飛了 12/25 06:06
timon7063:老克的為人...我覺得不至於像樓上說的吧(希望啦..) 12/25 07:09