看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
   Yankees still eye Santana    BY KAT O'BRIEN |[email protected]    January 9, 2008       Roger Clemens is dominating headlines these days, not Johan Santana.    Yet nearly two months after the Yankees first engaged in trade talks    with the Twins over Santana, the Minnesota ace is not off the Yankees'    radar.    "There's definitely still a possibility," Yankees senior vice president    Hank Steinbrenner said by phone yesterday afternoon.    But, Steinbrenner cautioned, there is "nothing new" with regards to    Santana.    Steinbrenner acknowledged that there are several concerns that give the    Yankees pause about trading for Santana: The high level of players the    Yankees would have to give up in a trade, the large and lengthy contract    Santana would command (and the effect on the Yankees' payroll), and the    fact that not everyone in the organization is thinking the same way.    It is believed that general partner Hal Steinbrenner (Hank's younger    brother) and general manager Brian Cashman have reservations.    "The bottom line is, it's my decision," Hank Steinbrenner said, "but    there's disagreement within the organization. I've got to keep everybody    happy in the organization, including Brian ... That includes my partner,    which is my brother."    The Yankees proposed a trade in early December that would have sent    righthander Phil Hughes and centerfielder Melky Cabrera, along with one    or two midlevel prospects, to Minnesota.    Santana, 28, is a two-time Cy Young Award winner due to be a free agent    after this season. Given his youth, health, accomplishments and the fact    that he is a lefthander, many believe he will ink the most lucrative    contract ever by a pitcher.    "The payroll would just be out of this world this year," Steinbrenner    said of potentially adding Santana, "but only for this year. When you've    got to trade top young talent and pay a lot of money, it gets very risky."    If the Yankees do complete a trade for Santana, Steinbrenner said they    would not go beyond a five-year contract extension (one that expires    after the 2013 season).    "I wouldn't do it if it were a six- or seven-year contract," Steinbrenner    said. "I wouldn't go past five, on an extension."    Notes & quotes: Steinbrenner said the Yankees remain committed to having    Joba Chamberlain in the starting rotation, and are not looking at him as    a possible eighth-inning answer.    News source:http://0rz.tw/e93u2    翻譯:http://0rz.tw/7b3uC -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.195.28
tsming:口嫌體正直,科科 01/10 14:25
gerkk:Hank 想要 但是頂多給五年約, Hal不想要 01/10 14:35
RollingWave:zzzzz 要怎麼樣隨便了啦別歹戲拖棚 01/10 15:50
siliver:現在才發現本來要推到這篇的推文推到下篇去了 orz.... 01/10 16:15
cydneya:推翻譯 01/10 16:28