看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
這次對SEA後: 1. 亞伯拉罕: The trials and tribulations of Joba Just received this from a reader: As a parting gift, please take Joba with you. That is very funny. This is not: Joba is 0-4 with an 8.42 ERA in his last eight starts and opponents have hit .331 against him. This is even worse: Joba either doesn’t understand how poorly he is pitching or doesn’t want to admit it. Listen to his postgame interview: “My delivery was great,” he said. “I threw some great changeups. My slider velocity was great. My fastball velocity was more consistent. … It’s going to take a lot more than this to get my confidence level down, I’ll tell you that much. You can kick me as much as you want but I’m going to come back fighting every time. That’s how I live this life and that’s how I play this game of baseball.” Chamberlain was asked whether he was concerned with how he has pitched lately. “I’m fine, man,” he said. “I’m fine.” Joe Girardi does not feel the same way. He wanted to use Joba for five innings put pulled him after three because he was pitching so poorly. He criticized his command, saying Chamberlain left too many hittable pitches over the plate. But Girardi said that if they need a No. 4 starter in the playoffs, it would be Joba. That is a scary thought at this point. http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/09/20/the-trials-and-tribulations-of-joba/ Chamberlain’s Bumpy Road to October By Tyler Kepner SEATTLE – Joba Chamberlain has a lot of Roger Clemens in him. His extraordinary self-confidence is part of what makes him good. But his other shared trait with Clemens is a stubborn refusal to admit that he has pitched poorly. And on days like Sunday, it makes you wonder whether Chamberlain is kidding himself. On a day he was supposed to go five innings, Chamberlain last just three, allowing seven runs in the Yankees’ 7-1 loss to the Mariners. Here’s what he said after the game: “I let my teammates down. It’s pretty much embarrassing what I did, not being able to pick my team up and get out of here with a series win.” But when the questions started coming, Chamberlain turned defensive, leaning on the one-bad-pitch explanation. “It was all working, surprisingly,” he said. “Sequences, just a couple of pitches. The ball came back over the middle to Griffey. That was one I want back. It’s going to take a lot more than this to get me down and beat myself up.” Chamberlain talked about reading swings better, thinking a pitch in advance, setting up hitters more effectively. Asked if his changing workload has affected him, he answered in a word: “No.” Later, Jorge Posada was asked about the difference between Chamberlain’s first three starts after the All-Star break (3-0, 0.82, .114 opponents average) and his last nine (1-4, 8.25, .327 opponents’ average). Posada gave a typically frank answer. “Well, he was pitching,” Posada said. “Now, we don’t know when he’s pitching or how long he’s pitching. It’s tough to pitch like that. It’s tough to pitch when you don’t know what’s going on.” When Posada was young, pitchers typically had more minor league experience than Chamberlain. Now the value of an ace is so much greater, with free agents like C.C. Sabathia commanding $23 million a year, that developing young and cheap starters is more important than ever. The Yankees believe Chamberlain can be an ace, so they are determined not to put too much stress on his arm too early in his pro career. That is understandable and reasonable. But something is not working if Chamberlain is pitching worse than Sergio Mitre. Here are their statistics since Aug. 1: Mitre: 37 1/3 innings, 46 hits, 27 earned runs, 10 walks, 26 strikeouts, 6.51 E.R.A. Chamberlain: 36 innings, 50 hits, 33 earned runs, 21 walks, 27 strikeouts, 8.25 E.R.A. The Yankees lead Boston by five games for both the division and the A.L.’s best record. There are 12 games to go, and it’s hard to imagine the Yankees blowing the lead. It is safe to assume they would choose the division series requiring only three starters: C.C. Sabathia, Andy Pettitte and A.J. Burnett. If the Yankees win, who would start the fourth game of the next round? Chamberlain? Chad Gaudin? Sabathia on short rest? Remember that every World Series winner since 1992 has used at least four starters in the postseason. So somebody has to do it. Manager Joe Girardi said he still expects Chamberlain to fill that role. He has two more starts in the regular season, and Girardi said he has been cleared to throw 90 pitches. But endurance is not the issue anymore. “The issue,” Girardi said, “is him throwing the ball well.” http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/chamberlains-bumpy-road-to-october/ 8月16日對SEA賽後: August 17, 2009 2:36 AM By Mark Feinsand Joba has more to learn on and off the field Joba Chamberlain wasn’t very good on Sunday, though according to him, it was only a matter of “a pitch here or there” that led to Seattle’s four runs. Come on, now. Chamberlain is an incredibly talented pitcher, one with a bright, bright future. I can foresee him being a top of the rotation type, a pitcher that can dominate his opposition for seven or eight innings almost every time he takes the mound. He’s not there yet. Chamberlain started out this game looking that way, retiring the first six batters on 21 pitches. But two runs in the third and two more in the fifth - all coming with two outs - ended his day after five innings, sending him to the bench, where he’ll have nine days before he pitches again to think about his past three mediocre starts. My biggest issue with Chamberlain has nothing to do with his performance on the field, but rather his performances after the game. You can only listen so many times as a guy tells you that he made good pitches, the opposing hitters just took some good swings before it becomes white noise. A lot of those two-out hits the Mariners got were on belt-high fastballs right over the middle of the plate - those weren’t good pitches. Stop saying they were, Joba. It makes you sound either silly or delusional. Take a lesson from Andy Pettitte, CC Sabathia or A.J. Burnett and be critical of yourself when it’s appropriate. Say what you will about Chamberlain’s season, but the Yankees are 16-7 in his starts and he’s 8-3 with a 3.98 ERA - pretty good numbers for a 23-year-old kid with 35 career starts in the big-leagues. Is he the ace the Yankees have hyped him up to be? Not yet. Can he blossom into that in the next couple of years? Absolutely. As for the loss, the Yankees didn’t seem all that bothered by it. Why should they be? They came into Seattle and took three of four from a team with a winning record, and now they head to Oakland for three games before next weekend’s big series in Boston. “You’re going to lose, sometimes,” Derek Jeter said after moving past Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio to the top of the all-time hits list for all shortstops. “They played better than us, but we’ve been playing pretty good.” Pretty good? I’d say winning 12 of 14, 23 of 30 and 36 of 48 is more than pretty good. http://tinyurl.com/mkn4py -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.23.38
lsmking7219:阿亞不是要去波士頓了嗎? 09/22 14:04
unicotexalex:還待一陣子 快了 09/23 00:30