看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
From NY Post: Girardi helps woman in car crash after winning World Series By JUSTIN TERRANOVA After leading the Yankees to their 27th World Championship, Joe Girardi’s night was far from over. The Yankees manager was driving home from The Bronx early this morning when he pulled over to help a female motorist who crashed into a wall on the Cross County Parkway in Eastchester, according to LoHud.com. “The guy wins the World Series, what does he do? He stops to help," Westchester County police officer Kathleen Cristiano, who was among the first to arrive at the accident scene, told The Journal News. "It was totally surreal." Girardi explained his role today on WFAN. He said he was driving in the right lane and saw the car in the left lane around a bend. He crossed the street to the car and where the driver, Marie Henry, was already on the phone with police. "I ran across the street, because as bad as the car had looked I was really concerned," Girardi said. Girardi said the police arrived within 3-4 minutes, and he went back to his car to take his family home. He said Henry had no idea who he was. "She didn't find out from me," Girardi said. "She probably found out about it on the news today." Cristiano was one of officers at an intoxication checkpoint and saw Girardi pass by her 15 minutes before the incident. Andy Pettitte, who was the winning pitcher in last night’s 7-3 win over the Phillies, also had passed by. "He was jumping up and down, trying to flag me down," Cristiano, a Yankees fan, said. "You don't expect him standing by a car accident trying to help." Henry was able to get out of the car by the time officers arrived and declined a trip to the hospital. According to LoHud it is a dangerous part of the road where the highway expands to three lanes on each side and traffic routinely buzzes by at high speeds. "He could have gotten killed," county Sgt. Thomas McGurn said, adding that responding police units take extra precaution in that area because of the blind curve and speeding cars. "Traffic goes by at 80 mph." That did not stop Girardi. "The important thing is, obviously there's a lot of joy in what we do, but we can't forget to be human beings where we help others out," Girardi said. "I think that's the most important thing we can do in life." http://tinyurl.com/y9oslej -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.23.19
choyinglu:MLB care .... 11/06 16:11
ROCAF:看起來當事人沒認出是吉總 11/06 16:37
rokurokuuu:要推吉神了嗎? XD 11/06 18:13
whelp:所以吉總身體很好....以後推總a出來打吧...XD 11/06 20:54