看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
2009 Sporting News Pro Athlete of the Year: Mariano Rivera, Yankees closer On a team full of superstars, Yankees closer Mariano Rivera went about his usual way in 2009, dominating opponents and helping New York claim its 27th World Series. Because of his performance—44 saves, 1.76 ERA and five more postseason saves— Rivera is Sporting News’ Pro Athlete of the Year. In 15 seasons with the Yankees, Rivera has been an integral part of five World Series titles. He told Sporting News that the nine years since the previous championship was tough to handle. "It felt long—especially the year 2008 when we didn’t even make the playoffs. That was horrible," Rivera told Sporting News’ Steve Greenberg in a one-on-one interview at his Rye, N.Y., home. Among the other things Rivera told SN: On continuing to pitch: "The minute I know that I don’t have it, I hang it up right there." On pitching for another team: "With all the respect that all the organizations deserve, it would be hard for me to consider playing for another team. If the opportunities are there, then you don’t know. But I believe the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to play for one team." On pursuing the all-time saves record: "You know what? I’m OK with whatever happens. I’m not a guy who goes looking for numbers or chasing records." On one day losing his ability to throw the cutter: I didn’t learn it by somebody teaching me. It came by the Lord. So it’s not within myself to lose it or keep it. It will be the Lord to decide when to take it away." http://0rz.tw/fXUxJ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.127.186.8
findme:恭喜Mo 12/17 22:19
MoonHeart:MO神~~ 12/18 01:16
osamadavis:恭喜MO~ 12/18 01:17
siliver:賀~~~~~~ 12/18 07:44