看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
New York Yankees introduce newest Bombers outfielder Curtis Granderson, more plans in store The Yankees rolled out the red carpet for Curtis Granderson Thursday, welcoming their newest star to the Bronx. If you believe Hal Steinbrenner, it won't be the last time the Bombers break out the welcome mat this winter. Steinbrenner has given Brian Cashman a budget to work with for the 2010 season, but the Yankees' managing general partner suggested yesterday that the current roster is not a finished product. "I don't believe we're done yet," Steinbrenner said. "There are still a couple of areas that we're looking at. We always worry about pitching; every team does. We did lose (Hideki) Matsui, and Granderson's going to go a long way toward replacing the offense there, but I still think we're looking possibly at another bat." Johnny Damon remains the ideal candidate to be that bat, though he and the Yankees seem to be far apart when it comes to his financial value. "We all love Johnny Damon and he was a big part of the reason we won that championship," Steinbrenner said. "But right now, there's just a difference of opinion as to what the pay is, quite frankly." Should Damon price himself out of the Yankees' plans, Nick Johnson appears to be an attractive alternative. The Yankees' front office has loved Johnson ever since he came up through the organization, and even after he was traded for Javier Vazquez six years ago, he's remained a favorite of Yankees execs thanks to his .402 career on-base percentage, something the Bombers feel makes him a viable option for the No. 2 spot in the lineup as a DH. In addition to a bat, the Yankees are also searching for another starting pitcher to slot in behind CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett and Andy Pettitte. Adding an arm would allow the Bombers to move either Joba Chamberlain or Phil Hughes to the bullpen, and while Joe Girardi wouldn't say which youngster was more likely to make that move, both he and Cashman hinted that Hughes could be bullpen-bound in that scenario as Chamberlain's innings limits are a thing of the past. "He's gotten through the maturity side now where we can turn him loose," Cashman said of Chamberlain. "He's graduated. His development program on that level has been taken care of." "Especially with the age of some of our starters, you don't necessarily want to feel like you have to push them too far," Girardi said. "I think Joba is more prepared than Phil, because Phil didn't throw 150 innings last year. It would be much more difficult to throw him in 32 starts." While Steinbrenner hopes to add another bat, it's unclear whether the Yankees will get involved in the bidding for Matt Holliday. The left fielder's contract demands would surely cause the Yankees to exceed the budget, but just as the GM talked his owner into loosening the purse strings last winter to bring back Andy Pettitte, the possibility exists that Steinbrenner could be talked into expanding the payroll once again. "I think Brian understands that if it's a matter of getting one player that we really feel we need, I'm not going to slam the door in his face," Steinbrenner said. "But I am a budget person and he did get a number. We've already spent $17-18 million, but like I said, I don't believe we're done yet. We'll see where we end up. My door is always open to him and I'll always listen to what he has to say." Cashman seems intent on sticking to the budget, calling the number "hard and set." The GM noted that both Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera are entering the final year of their contracts, and with players such as Joe Mauer, Carl Crawford and Cliff Lee leading a strong free agent class next winter, the Yankees need to think long-term when it comes to the rest of their moves this offseason. "We were very aggressive last year in the free agent market, and it turned out to be for good reason," Cashman said. "We played in a better market last year, but we'll be less aggressive in this market." http://0rz.tw/yGmYo -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.127.186.5
siliver:呵呵~~~~ 12/18 11:43