看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://0rz.tw/EQy7V 連結有CC跟A-ROD戴聖誕帽跟冠軍獎盃的照片 New York Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia goes home in giving mood CC Sabathia remembers "having tough times growing up - I grew up in the inner city, the ghetto." So, Sabathia says, "I always want to do what I can." Monday that meant donning a red-and-white hat and playing Secret Santa. He and his wife, Amber, took 22 kids who are in foster care on a shopping spree at a Sports Authority in Vacaville, Calif., near their Bay Area hometown of Vallejo. "We let them go wild," the Yankee ace said in a telephone interview afterward. "A couple kids got baseball stuff, some got shoes, bikes, a punching bag. It was a lot of different things. It was pretty cool. "I love Christmas a lot. To see these kids get everything they want feels good. I remember what it was like being that age." The kids were 14-18 years old, Sabathia said, and they each got $200 to spend during the spree, which was done in conjunction with Foster A Dream, a non- profit organization that benefits foster children, and the Sabathias' own non- profit foundation, PitCCh In. "We wanted to do something for the 14-18 age group," Sabathia said. "People forget about that age and I wanted to help the older kids out. "This is important," he added. "To give back to my community really feels good." Sabathia was also scheduled to host a toy drive yesterday in which fans would donate toys to Toys for Tots and Sabathia would sign autographs in return. As far as Sabathia is concerned, he and the rest of his Yankee teammates got a few early presents when the Yankees traded for Curtis Granderson and re- signed Andy Pettitte. "Andy coming back was a big deal for me," Sabathia said. "He's a guy you can talk to about any situation and it feels good to have him back. I call him the Godfather. He's the leader of our staff. "And putting Granderson in the lineup is exciting. He's coming here to compete. It was great to see us get guys after we had such a great year. I love seeing the organization always trying to get better." Christmas has always been a big deal to Sabathia - he remembers being a kid and going to his grandmother's house on Christmas Day. "There would be 40-50 people, hanging out," he said. There was so much food, he says, cooking would have to start the week before. "It's a big family and being around family was what I always remember," he said. This year, it's a family Christmas again for the Sabathias. Early Christmas morning, after opening presents at home, he and his wife and three children will head to Sabathia's mother's house for breakfast. "Then we'll go back to my house for dinner and all the basketball games," said Sabathia, a huge NBA fan. "About three o'clock, people start getting there for Christmas dinner. It's the usual stuff, like what we had for Thanksgiving - chicken, dressing. "It's big and there are a lot of people. It's a good time." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.127.186.5
noahlin:CC前幾天才在說都沒人注意洋基的輪值....嗯 12/23 01:16
garrychen:cashman:我聽到了 12/23 01:17
sycstyle:現在不想注意也難 12/23 01:18
cab:前幾天的輪值圈排名文馬上又要改寫了.. XD 12/23 01:18
y1027330:起問HOF是啥意思阿= =??? 12/23 01:23
OoyaoO:名人堂 12/23 01:24
y1027330:喔喔 所以是在酸 牛奶嚕 12/23 01:25
jdtrue:他debut的時候的確有人說他可能是未來的HOF啊 ^_< 12/23 01:29
noahlin:不只debut吧 累積到500PA也戰了一次XD 12/23 01:32