看板 NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
NY TIMES: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/18/sports/baseball/18kepner.html?ref=baseball Girardi’s Approach Is From the New School It is somewhat amazing how completely the Yankees’ dynamic has changed. In another era — not that long ago, really — a highly paid pitcher’s failing to cover first base might have caused an eruption in the owner’s box. Now, it brings a pep talk from the manager on the mound. These have not been George Steinbrenner’s Yankees for a while, but even five years ago, he might have sounded off about A. J. Burnett before ducking into his town car. Burnett, who loafed at the end of a miserable outing in a 6-3 loss to the Phillies on Wednesday night, would have been embarrassed or irritated, or both. Chances are he would not have been motivated to change. These are Joe Girardi’s Yankees now, and that was never more evident than in his reaction to Burnett’s gaffe at Yankee Stadium. Burnett had already allowed six runs and was facing his last batter, Chase Utley, who pulled a sharp grounder down the line. Mark Teixeira made a sliding grab, popped up and saw Utley easily beat Burnett to first. There was nowhere Teixeira could throw. 昨天面對Utley時,AJ沒去補位一壘 Boos rained on Burnett, but as Girardi came to the mound, he clapped. Even his player-friendly predecessor, Joe Torre, might have shot Burnett a disapproving stare or withheld his standard pat on the back. But Girardi clapped. 全場球迷叭叭叭的時候,吉總居然上去投手丘拍拍手 “One thing about this game, when you’ve played it a long time, is most players know when they’ve screwed up, so you don’t necessarily have to go out there and hammer them,” Girardi said. "啊他就知道自己慘兮兮了,幹麻還打擊他?"吉總曰 “What you want to know is what caused it to happen, and those are the things you take time to talk to the player about and see what they were thinking. There’s not too often they don’t know after it happens. They don’t say, ‘Oh, I didn’t know I was supposed to cover first.’ To me, finding out where the breakdown is is more important than ranting and raving.” "好好地跟球員促膝長談,總是會找到原因的,這個對我來說重要多了。" It is a modern approach to the modern player, who hates to be humiliated by his manager in public. That is the easiest way for a manager to lose a clubhouse, and communication is paramount. Maybe Girardi tore into Burnett in private, but that seems unlikely. 有誰會想被總教練當眾羞辱呢? 溝通才是王道 “I talk to our guys and I encourage them,” Girardi said. “The one thing you don’t want to do is you don’t want to have carryover. If you have a tough day, you put it behind you and you go back to work, because if you just continue to harp on it, it’s really not going to help you in your next start. You try to correct the things that went wrong, and he’s capable of doing that and pitching at a very high level. We’ve seen it.” "跟他們談談,鼓勵他們。別把重點放在已發生的錯誤,重要的是如何修正這些 錯誤。" The Yankees have seen the best and worst of Burnett since signing him to a five-year, $82.5 million contract in December 2008. In 47 regular-season starts, he is 19-14 with a 4.13 earned run average. He made five postseason starts last fall — three dazzlers, two clunkers. 洋基已經看過簽了五年約的AJ最好跟最壞的一面 Burnett is 33 years old. His catcher, we can say confidently now, makes no difference. This is who he is: very good or very bad. When he is bad, at least, he is accountable. 33歲的AJ不挑捕手,他就是這樣,不是大好就是大壞 Asked about the play at first, Burnett said: “I wish I knew, because that topped it off. We do it day in, day out in spring. I’ve been doing it for 10 years, and I guess I just had a lapse. It’s uncalled for. There’s no excuses. Your normal reaction is getting over, and I just didn’t react.” 說到那一球,AJ說:"我也不知道失了什麼魂,沒有藉口,就是我的失誤。" C. C. Sabathia had made the same mistake in a victory Tuesday, but Burnett did not mention that. He did not concoct a reason for his oversight. He was not defensive about it at all. Maybe he would have been if Girardi had shown him up. CC周二的那場比賽也犯了同樣的失誤,可是AJ並沒有拿出來說嘴,大概是因為吉總 沒有當眾給他難堪 “That’s not Joe to begin with,” Burnett said. “He grabbed the ball and grabbed me and said: ‘We’re going to fix this. Keep your head up.’ I don’t feel sorry for myself and I don’t make excuses. It’s time to go to work and it’s time to start doing what I’m supposed to be doing.” AJ回憶當晚吉總上投手丘時的作為:"他拿了球並捉了我一把,說我們會修正這個 失誤,你要繼續抬頭挺胸" (>/////<) Burnett is falling into one of his familiar ruts, allowing 16 earned runs in 16 innings over his last three starts, all losses. The stretch has raised his E.R.A. by more than a run, to 4.33. AJ最近三場先發慘兮兮 His stuff is dominant, however he is pitching. Since Burnett’s last trip to the disabled list, with Toronto in 2007, only Detroit’s Justin Verlander has more strikeouts. But sometimes Burnett’s pitches move too much. He hit Utley on the foot with an 0-2 curveball in the first inning Wednesday, then let loose a wild pitch. Those were ominous signs. AJ的stuff是很優的,可是有時後球太會跑 “If his curveball is on, that sets up everything else up for him,” said the Phillies’ Ryan Howard, who homered in the third inning. “You have to respect his fastball because he’s throwing mid-90s. He didn’t really have very good control of his curveball today. That’s his go-to, his money pitch. That sets up everything and keeps you honest.” Howard稱讚AJ的曲球與速球 Burnett conceded he could not throw the curve for a strike, and he could not locate his fastball well, either. He momentarily stirred the Phillies’ sluggish offense, which managed only one base runner off Boone Logan and Chad Gaudin over the final five and two-thirds innings. 而這兩種球路在當天AJ都沒有投的理想 In the end, Burnett’s blunder did not cost the Yankees, because no more runs crossed the plate. It did not please Girardi, but it did not enrage him, either. “It won’t be the last time,” he said. “You’d like to say it would be, but it probably won’t be.” -- 宇宙裡的微小塵埃 http://www.wretch.cc/blog/AllyDai -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.71.94.5
ihsan :吉總揪甘心 06/18 12:44
paoan :AJ加油~ 06/18 12:47
FORECORD :球迷已經夠狠了 教練當導師剛好... 06/18 13:29
aganqq :DICE-AJ 06/18 13:59
ansel80740 :球迷黑臉,教練白臉 06/18 14:18
decorum :投教要快點回來才行 這個代班的BP教練抓不出問題 06/18 14:40
nicefu :他曲球跑的跟什麼似的... 06/18 14:54
jayin07 :沒想到Girardi也會帶心~ 06/18 16:36
asd25 :AJ加油~ 06/18 17:23
kusoeni :托瑞:你也懂帶心? 吉拉迪:略懂 :p 06/18 17:57
brian142857 :宅慶:我也要溝通 06/18 18:41
balakingxp :吉總若也當黑臉我怕AJ離家出走怎麼辦 囧 06/18 19:03