看板 Nets 關於我們 聯絡資訊
INSIDE Nets ? Stats ? Standings ? Schedule ? Results ? Roster ? Team Info ? Fan Info ? NBA Central ? Sports SPEAK UP! ? Nets ? Knicks ? Sixers ? More Forums ? Log On to ChatXtra! NEWSLETTERS ? Get free Newsletter e-mail updates! ? Win Tickets to see Richard Nader's Summer DooWop Reunion XIV ? Shopping: Malls, Stores, Yellow Pages, Shoppers Guides ? Research New Autos ? Find a Used Auto ? Run an Auto History Report STAR-LEDGER ? Get Home Delivery ? Carriers Wanted ? Newspapers in Education ? Click, Shop and Save $$ with The Star-Ledger's Money Book! ? Place Classifieds ? The Star-Ledger Active Adult Communities ? The Star-Ledger Commercial/Industrial Real Estate ? Star Ledger Ads ? Star Ledger Auto Exchange ? Contact Us SPORTS CLICKS ? Jersey Joe.Com- The #1 Online Source for Supplemental Nutrition ? Get Stronger, Get Faster, Get Better with the Parisi Speed Camp at RexPlex. ? Develop speed and superior athletic ability at Schuman's Speed Centers! ? Check out the all new 2004 Toyota Sienna!! ? Advertise With Us ? More From The Star-Ledger Kidd's struggles a drag on Nets' drive for title Tuesday, June 10, 2003 BY BRAD PARKS Star-Ledger Staff Something is wrong with the point guard. And when something is wrong with the point guard, everything is wrong with the Nets. Three games into the NBA Finals, Jason Kidd is batting 1-for-3: one good game in three tries. That might be acceptable on the baseball side of the YankeeNets organization, but over on the basketball side, it just doesn't cut it. And you don't have to be the second coming of Red Auerbach to figure out the correlation between Kidd's bad games and the Nets' 2-1 deficit heading into tomorrow's Game 4. Games 1 and 3 were not Kidd's best and the Nets lost. He was terrific in Game 2 and the Nets won. Figuring out this series has become this simple: What's wrong with Jason Kidd? If the Nets know, they aren't saying. All they know is how much they need their franchise point guard. They need him to run their complicated offense, to throw passes no one else can, to rebound and start their fast break, to play not only man-on-man but help defense as well. They even need him to score, which has never been his first priority. In the two games where Kidd has shot terribly -- 4-for-17 in Game 1 and 6-for-19 in Game 3 -- the Nets have lost. He shot 11-of-21 in Game 2. So what's wrong with Kidd? Three possibilities: Too many minutes. He has been at his best in these playoffs, especially down the stretch, when he gets a quick breather at the start of the fourth quarter. Kidd can talk all day about how he can play all day, how he isn't tired, and how he'll get his rest during summer vacation. You'll never hear him beg out of a game. "I can play 48 minutes," Kidd said. "Fatigue was not a factor in Game 3." Nets coach Byron Scott isn't so sure. He knows his point guard reaches a point of diminishing returns when his minutes push into the 40s. "I know he probably needs a few more minutes of rest, but I just have to go with the feel of the game and how I feel and how he feels," Scott said. "And most of the time when I ask him, he says he's fine. But if I can get him a couple more minutes at the end of the third, early fourth, that probably would do him a lot of good." Scott and his assistants had a serious talk about resting Kidd at the start of the fourth quarter in Game 3. Yet for Kidd to sit, the coaches needed to have faith in how the team plays with backup point guard Anthony Johnson earlier in the game. The Nets were outscored by four during Johnson's 5:38 on the floor in the second quarter, and they were outscored by three during Johnson's 3:48 in the second quarter of Game 1. The only game Johnson ended up in positive numbers during his second-quarter stint? Game 2, when he was plus-four in the Nets' only victory of the series. His right ankle is bothering him. This has been the unspoken problem. Kidd hurt his ankle late in Game 4 of the Nets' sweep against Detroit in the Eastern Conference finals. It's been assumed that because the Nets had 10 days off before the Finals -- and because Kidd practiced most of those days after sitting out the first few --Kidd's ankle was no longer a concern. It was not a serious sprain -- merely a grade one, which means there was no ligament damage. Yet Kidd continues to receive treatment every day. He says the ankle hasn't affected his play, but when asked if the ankle was still barking at him from time to time, he admitted, "A little bit." Kidd, like most athletes at this level, is finely tuned to the point where a small injury can throw his game off the small amount that separates good from great. With the Nets needing nothing but great out of Kidd to win, the ankle has become a factor. 可以麻煩翻譯一下嗎...謝謝^^ -- "I don't look at favorites. That's for (reporters) and fans. I just go out and play."---- Jason Kidd -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.216.114.252
booth:叫你們板主不要傳水球來鬧 罵不過人又寄垃圾信來 有夠卑劣 02/14 09:29