看板 Nets 關於我們 聯絡資訊
He still basically stays to himself, which most attribute to the cultural divide and the language barrier, both of which are narrowing with every passing day. Nenad Krstic is a happy kid -- that much everyone knows. He likes his adopted country well enough (ask him what he likes best about the United States, and the first thing that comes to his 22-year-old mind is "Big roads"). He loves his job, clearly. He still calls his parents and sister every day, but his Serbian girlfriend is here now (she studies microbiology at Montclair State) to help ease the homesickness. There's still something about the Nets center that remains slightly beyond the reach of his friends and teammates, but that's okay. The team said he took English lessons recently, but that was wishful thinking -- Krstic went home for three months and didn't speak a word until he got back. He doesn't really regard the United States as home, and probably never will: "It's my second home," he explained. "I live here for seven or eight months. It's my job. But I don't think too much about it." In short, he is probably going to be an NBA player for the next dozen years, but he probably won't absorb the culture the way other European emigres have. "I wouldn't say Curly's more American this year -- Zoran (Planinic) is the one who's going to soak up the culture," Richard Jefferson said. "Curly's a quiet guy, very reserved. He's different. He smiles a lot, but he's not going to initiate a conversation. But he's a lot more comfortable around his teammates, you can say that." He added that Krstic is not the type of guy you invite out for a night on the town. "He's got a girlfriend, so that means he has to stay away from me," Jefferson said. "Seriously, guys with girlfriends do guys-with-girlfriends things. Single guys do single-guy things. Married guys do married-guy things. Whatever Curly is doing in his off-time is working for him. We can't complain." Yet that is what is remarkable about Krstic, whose growth spurt last season was one of the most positive developments the Nets have ever experienced: While some cultural barriers between him and his teammates remain, everyone accepts him as the epicenter of their basketball universe. Indeed, the Nets have three stars in their lineup. But without Krstic, one of the most promising young centers in the NBA, their title ambitions are moot. And complicating matters is that he must grow up even more quickly this season, not only because he has become a known commodity -- "The radar will be out there on him," Lawrence Frank warned -- but because his changing role in the offense, where he will often become the trigger man in the high post. "I feel good about that. I can play it," Krstic said. "I think I can play inside and outside. (But) that's a lot of pressure on me, I must make good passes." It won't be a problem, Jefferson predicts. "He can shoot lights out. From 17 and in he's money," he said. "A guy like him is what this (offense) is made for." Notes: Jeff McInnis was back at practice yesterday, but only as a spectator. His strained back has improved, but he had to sit on a pile of towels just to get comfortable. "I woke up Sunday morning I couldn't even get out of the bed. They had to send an ambulance to get me," the point guard said. "I didn't know what was going on. It scared me. I couldn't even walk yesterday. Today it's a lot better." ... Jason Collins will probably be the only other scratch in tonight's preseason opener against Indiana because his knee is still cranky. 有興趣的大大可以翻一下^^ -- "I don't look at favorites. That's for (reporters) and fans. I just go out and play."---- Jason Kidd -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.160.215.65