看板 PhD 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《liverworts (觀流水兮潺湲)》之銘言: : 標題: Re: [問題] 找博士後工作的經驗 : 時間: Fri Jun 4 05:03:03 2010 : : I'm in a different field and I'll start a postdoc in August. Actually I've not : graduated yet, but considering how bad the job market in US is this year I started : job applications (NGOs, private sectors, postdoc) in Feb. : : Congratulations that you got 3 out of 10 resposnes! I only got 4 out of over 25 : submissions. : : Did you already get an official offer letter from the lab in US? Did the offer : letter specify salary, benefits, (relocation), and starting date? Is there a : deadline for your response? : : If you already sent a form and CV to England, you may email them again to inquire : about your application status. But don't mention to either side yet that you : have another potential opportunity unless you already got an official offer. : : You can tell the lab in US that you need to time to consider, etc. And did they : invite you to visit their campus? In my case I was invited to visit the lab and was : told that I'll receive the offer letter during the visit. In my case the offer : was very generous and the projects are a great fit and that's the only confirmed : offer so far.....so I accepted in 2 days. : : But before you sign the offer letter....make sure that everything has reached : a good mutual agreement. Your advisor should be able to provide you tips about : how to negotiate. Good luck! : : P.S. The job market is really tight right now and we beggers can't be choosers. : If you like the projects and people in that US lab and if the salary and : benefits are good enough, you may consider to accept your offer. After all : you can start applying for other jobs next year :D : ※ 引述《dearevan (歸去,也無風雨也無晴)》之銘言: : -- : 有情風萬里捲潮來 無情送潮歸 : 問錢塘江上 西興浦口 幾度斜暉 : 不用思量今古 俯仰昔人非 : 誰似東坡老 白首忘機 : : 記取西湖西畔 正春山好處 空翠煙霏 : : -- : ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) : ◆ From: 70.112.187.21 : ※ 編輯: liverworts 來自: 70.112.187.21 (06/04 05:05) : 推 dearevan:謝謝 06/04 07:00 : → saltlake:不管要去要談 都先收到 Offer Letter 再說 免得有變卦 06/04 07:59 : 推 dearevan:美國那邊已經給了offer letter, 但是我確定不會去那家了 06/04 08:02 : → dearevan:還是先回過頭寫信給德國有接洽的那位老闆 06/04 08:03 後來想想, 美國那一家確實不是很理想的去處 謝謝各為前輩的提攜指點 或許由於目前只有這家確定要收, 在茫茫職海當中就像一根稻草緊抓手中 不過一陣慌亂之後靜下心想想, 這確實是要婉轉拒絕阿 也該趁這時候學會拒絕的方法 另外德國前一個單位有寄信問我可不可以下禮拜去面試 我回信說因為護照寄回台北駐馬德里辦事處所以要等三個禮拜 這封信寄出去之後對方遲遲沒有回信 本來想說可能惹怒對方了, 不過沒回信也不知道對方是怎麼想的 於是鼓起勇氣再寫一封信告訴對方辦事處的人是怎麼回答的 以及若真的有需要, 搭火車一路晃過去我都願意 希望對方能看到這封信並給予一個明確的回答(哪怕是明確拒絕都好) 另外這邊想提醒各位即將出國的準博士 護照更新非常重要 因為護照到期前半年就不能申請簽證使用 如果即將畢業, 那麼要早點去把護照更新處理好, 遠早於開始找工作之前 我其實四月份以前就該想到護照更新這件事情 並且去把這事情早點處理好, 也就不用像現在的窘況了 希望能鼓起夠多的勇氣拒絕這份offer 更希望德國那邊的老闆早點回信 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 95.62.80.160
voices:或許可以考慮用Skype interveiw 06/04 09:33
saltlake:有疑慮就積極跟對方談 跨國僱人 約好時間越洋電話口試 06/04 13:13
saltlake:或者用更先進的通訊技術口試是很正常的 不要光傻等 06/04 13:14
saltlake:表現自己做事情的積極性 一般會讓雇主有正面印象 06/04 13:16
dearevan:Thank you very much 06/04 19:27
cnlin6:現在通訊那麼方便,不管是skype或手機都可以interview 06/04 20:40
cnlin6:我當初就是用電話談的~感覺還滿不錯~我也順利的找到博後 06/04 20:42