看板 Pulp 關於我們 聯絡資訊
SOMETHING CHANGED JARVIS COCKER has told NME.COM that PULP's 11th hour decision to change the title of their new album to 'WE LOVE LIFE' was partially inspired by the events of September 11. As previously revealed on NME.COM, Pulp renamed their album twice, before finally deciding on the title 'We Love Life'. Promotional copies of the record were pressed and sent to journalists containing the titles 'Pulp Love Life' and then 'Pulp'. Both are expected to become collectors' items for hardcore fans. Now, Cocker told NME.COM that the final decision to change the title was taken after watching the attacks on the World Trade Center (September 11) from their rehearsal space in London. He said: "I was really freaked out like everybody was when that World Trade Center thing happened. We'd been rehearsing and went up to the top floor of the place where we rehearse and were watching it on the TV. You've got quite a good view of London from there - Canary Wharf, Post Office Tower, Millennium Wheel, all that stuff - seeing it unfold on the TV and then looking out and thinking, 'If that can happen, surely in 30 seconds time the Post Office Tower is probably gonna fall over'. "In the aftermath, I thought, 'This 'Love Life' business isn't a bad sentiment'. It seemed appropriate, so at the last minute, much to the record company's displeasure, I changed it. But it's not changing now; it's staying like that." http://www.nme.com/NME/External/News/News_Story/0,1004,46765,00.html -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 140.123.212.37