看板 Pulp 關於我們 聯絡資訊
節錄自 2001 年 11 月份的 Q 雜誌 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "You have to fight to the death for the right to live your life." 「你必須為活出自己生命的權利奮戰到底。」 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "I never took notice of nature when I was a kid," he says, "I thought we'd all be living on space stations or floating metropolises by now. But after This is Harcord, which was a very alienated record, it was time to go back to simpler things, like this, the natural world." 「當我還小的時候我從沒去特別注意大自然,」他說道,「我以為到現在我們都會 住在太空站上或者漂浮的城市裡。但是在 This is Hardcore 這張比較疏離的專輯 之後,是時候回歸到比較單純的事物,像是這張專輯[We Love Life],自然的世界。」 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "I was attracted to the countryside and nature because it is dangerous in some ways, " he says, "I knew fuck-all about it and wanted to learn a bit." 「我被鄉間和自然吸引是因為就某些層面而言它們是危險的,」他說道,「我他媽的 一點概念也沒有所以想從它們身上開始學點東西。」 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "This isn't Pulp's pastrol album," he scowls. "...Weeds is not a nice song. Sunrise may be the most noisy terror tune ever recorded. I'm screaming about my life and I certainly don't want it to end. You have to fight to the death for th right to live your life. As soon as you stop making any effort then your life fucks up." 「這張專輯並非 Pulp 的田園之歌」他的表情陰沉晦暗了下來。「...Weeds 並不是首 “好好”歌曲,Sunrise 也許是我們錄製過最嘈雜的驚駭曲調。我在叫喊著關於 我的生命,而我當然不想要它結束。你必須為活出你自己生命的權利奮戰到底, 一旦你不再付出任何努力和嘗試,你的生活就搞砸玩完了。」 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "I think anyone who listens to the album will know it's us within the first 20 seconds when my shitty voice comes in." 「我想任何聽到這張專輯的人,會在開始二十秒我那不成才的聲音加入後 馬上知道這是我們[Pulp]的東西。」 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Music is a product of your life, not a substitute. Life first, creation second. That's how it works." 「音樂是你生活的產物,而非替代品。生活優先,創作其次。就是這麼回事。」 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "You sound like such a cunt if you call yourself an artist. I just like the idea of people doing things." 「如果你稱自己為藝術家那你聽起來還真像是個混蛋,我只是喜歡人們嘗試做些事情 這個概念。」 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cheers! Patsy "Gallagher" -- When everybody agrees with me, I think I must be wrong. --Oscar Wilde -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 140.136.203.150